Please support Links Corner    



Golf is a game that needlessly prolongs the lives of some of our most useless citizens. - Bob Hope
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Site Help
No Server Contact View older topic :: View newer topic  
Author Message
ortega9999



Joined: 10 Dec 2016
Posts: 8

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject: No Server Contact Reply with quote

New Windows 10-2 days (windows 7-No Problem)
NO Server Contact



What now?Please help.


View user's profile Send private message
gowoods



Joined: 26 Oct 2004
Posts: 669
Location
Melbourne, Australia

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject: No Server Contact Reply with quote

All of the required patches are located in the Link below, you need to run the Server Patch

http://lspn.net/community/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8533#p72333

Reinstalling the game on your new PC, it is still looking for the Old Server which is now defunct.


View user's profile Send private message
ortega9999



Joined: 10 Dec 2016
Posts: 8

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:34 am    Post subject: No Server Contact Reply with quote

gowoods THX Thumb Up

View user's profile Send private message
Danny D



Joined: 02 Dec 2015
Posts: 639
Location
SE Missouri

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject: No Server Contact Reply with quote

gowoods wrote:
All of the required patches are located in the Link below, you need to run the Server Patch

http://lspn.net/community/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8533#p72333

Reinstalling the game on your new PC, it is still looking for the Old Server which is now defunct.
Hi gowoods. Do you happen to know when the old server went defunct? This is the first I've heard of this. Should we download that patch and keep it on hand in case we need to do a new Links install?

TIA,

Dan


MULLIGAN: A thieving second shot employed by golfers to prove the first one was no mistake
View user's profile Send private message
gowoods



Joined: 26 Oct 2004
Posts: 669
Location
Melbourne, Australia

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:04 pm    Post subject: No Server Contact Reply with quote

Danny D wrote:
gowoods wrote:
All of the required patches are located in the Link below, you need to run the Server Patch

http://lspn.net/community/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8533#p72333

Reinstalling the game on your new PC, it is still looking for the Old Server which is now defunct.
Hi gowoods. Do you happen to know when the old server went defunct? This is the first I've heard of this. Should we download that patch and keep it on hand in case we need to do a new Links install?

TIA,

Dan


Itís been many years since the original server was shut down, not long after Microsoft abandoned the game. To the best of my knowledge you only need the server if you want to play tournaments at LSPN. When you perform a new install of Links, the Old server connection is also installed, hence the server patch to change the settings to the correct location. Itís not a bad idea to keep all of the patches in the link I posted in a safe place so they are always to hand if you need them.


View user's profile Send private message
Danny D



Joined: 02 Dec 2015
Posts: 639
Location
SE Missouri

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:53 am    Post subject: No Server Contact Reply with quote

gowoods wrote:
Itís been many years since the original server was shut down, not long after Microsoft abandoned the game. To the best of my knowledge you only need the server if you want to play tournaments at LSPN. When you perform a new install of Links, the Old server connection is also installed, hence the server patch to change the settings to the correct location. Itís not a bad idea to keep all of the patches in the link I posted in a safe place so they are always to hand if you need them.

Gotcha! Yes Thanks for that info. Thumb Up

Dan


MULLIGAN: A thieving second shot employed by golfers to prove the first one was no mistake
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Site Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
 

Golfer: Well, I have never played this badly before! Caddy: I didn't realize you had played before, sir.