Please support Links Corner    

Hit 'em hard. They'll land somewhere. - Stewart Maiden
Help with custom Anis View older topic :: View newer topic  
John B

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject: Help with custom Anis Reply with quote

Hi, can a kind soul please help someone who has suddenly become technically challenged?

I've been playing Links for years on my trusty desktop computer with Windows XP. Over that time like most here I've customized it to my liking, including downloading full Anis from Animasters, as well as various shirt/pants/shoes etc to add to my other players. It worked beautifully and I really enjoyed and appreciate the work the good people responsible put into making them.

Eventually however my computer started to go south, and along with the "death" of XP that prompted me to get another computer, this one with Windows 10 Pro. I downloaded Links 2K3 from my original disks, along with all the updated versions of the game, and it plays wonderfully.

Here's the problem... I went back to Animasters and downloaded some of the full PGA Tour Anis along with a few items of clothing, but for some reason I can't get them to show up in the game. I know it's been a number of years since doing so, but have I just forgotten how to add them to the game?

I used full administrator privileges, and downloaded them to my desktop, unzipped them then added them to the Ani folder. No luck, nothing showed up when I fired up the game. I tried downloading them again, put them into the Ani folder first then unzipping them. No luck. I tried downloading them and then just putting them in the general Links folder. No luck. I even went back to my old computer and extracted them from the old hard drive and put them in my Ani folder, no luck. I even downloaded the Golfer Utility from Animasters thinking maybe somehow I needed that to add the Anis to the game. No luck.

Anybody have an idea what I'm doing wrong, or is it some kind of a Windows 10 related problem? I've Googled around and can't seem to find a fix to the problem. I feel so stupid for being able to add the Anis previously with no problem on my old computer, but right now I'm clueless. If anyone can guide me through this I'd surely appreciate your help. Help

Charlie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject: Help with custom Anis Reply with quote

The .l3 file for each ANI must be saved in the PolyAni folder which is in the Links 2003 folder. Where these folders are located will depend on where you installed the game. Mine are located as follows: C:\Users\Charlie\Links 2003\PolyAni. But you may have installed yours somewhere else.

You can just copy the ANI files to the PolyAni folder, but you will have to use the Golfer Utility program to change clothing on the ANIs. You can download that at this site and it comes with operating instructions.

John B

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:21 pm    Post subject: Help with custom Anis Reply with quote

Thank you for your help Charlie, I really appreciate it! Thumb Up

View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Members Tech Forums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Is my good friend in the rough, or is the b*&#*$d on the green? - James Bond