Please support Links Corner    

Learning to play golf is is like learning to play the violin. Not only is it difficult to do, it's very painful for those around you. - Hal Linden
Is it me? View older topic :: View newer topic  
Larrycleve

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject: Is it me? Reply with quote

I play powerstroke elite. I can play the first 9 holes hitting the snap line and scoring 2 under par. When I get to the 10th or 11th holes suddenly I lose my touch. I miss the snap line by plus or minus 2 or more and score bogies and double bogies.
I wonder how I can lose my touch so seemingly consistently whatever course I'm on. Is it me or is the game messing with me?

braden1308

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:49 pm    Post subject: Is it me? Reply with quote

remember golf is played in the roughly six inches between your ears Thumb Up

ppease

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject: focus Reply with quote

I do think it is probably mental.

Two things - trying too hard and loosing focus.

Trying too hard tends to mess with tempo. I know that on a hole where I am concerned about a hazard I tend to get anxious and I press or try to aim my shot. That mentality throws off my swing tempo.

The other factor I find is loosing eye focus, concentration wanes.

What I do to try and counter these two problems is to take a deep breath just before I start my swing and repeat to myself "trust your swing". This pre-shot routine puts me in a mental state to make a smooth, repeatable tempo swing. Then it is a matter of keeping my eye focused on the ball. I don't try to hit the mark, but just see the mark and trust my swing.

Hand - eye coordination. Hand - make a consistent smooth motion, eye - focus on the ball.

Yep, just like golf in real life. I love power stroke as I am in control of the swing tempo (just like in real life golfing).

Phil
Charlie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:57 pm    Post subject: Is it me? Reply with quote

"Be the ball."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWH811TcckU

Stephen Sullivan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: focus Reply with quote

ppease wrote:

Yep, just like golf in real life. I love power stroke as I am in control of the swing tempo (just like in real life golfing).

Me too. Sometimes struggle with the snap if I overthink the swing.
Tempo is SO important. It's one reason I couldn't get on with PP as they seemed to be so insistent on a specific tempo of swing (and wouldn't consider a horizontal gauge Whistle )

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." Sir Terry Pratchett
Larrycleve

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:10 am    Post subject: I appreiciate your replies Reply with quote

You are right about getting tense and losing focus. However the game is messing with me.
I played Augusta and got to the 11th hole even par. Tee shot was middle of the fairway and second was middle of the green 14 ft from the hole. After the redraw the lie box was black and the golfer was sunk in the green to his hips. The ball wasn't showing. I tried putting and nothing happened wasting a shot. I tried chipping and hit the ball 11 ft past the hole and getting double bogey.
The next hole I can use an 8 iron with no wind. I hit a perfect shot with 88 mph club head speed and the ball hit short and bounced into the water.
I need to take a break and have a beer. Laugh

grandpabruce

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: I appreiciate your replies Reply with quote

Larrycleve wrote:
You are right about getting tense and losing focus. However the game is messing with me.
I played Augusta and got to the 11th hole even par. Tee shot was middle of the fairway and second was middle of the green 14 ft from the hole. After the redraw the lie box was black and the golfer was sunk in the green to his hips. The ball wasn't showing. I tried putting and nothing happened wasting a shot. I tried chipping and hit the ball 11 ft past the hole and getting double bogey.
The next hole I can use an 8 iron with no wind. I hit a perfect shot with 88 mph club head speed and the ball hit short and bounced into the water.
I need to take a break and have a beer. Laugh

When something like that happens, rotate your golfer, then rotate him back to aiming at the hole. It should fix the situation.

Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971
View older topic :: View newer topic  
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

My clubs are well used, but unfortunately not used well! - Jack Burrell