Please support Links Corner    

Make your views count - make sure you vote in the Player's Choice polls.
Banff Springs Hole 15 - Thanksgiving View older topic :: View newer topic  
rwmills

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:57 am    Post subject: Banff Springs Hole 15 - Thanksgiving Reply with quote

This still remains to be one of my favourite tee offs, in Links throughout the years. I have a thing for the elevated tees and this one always makes me smile. A preferred driving range irl.....also has elevated tees in my view of things.

Only the 3rd round played on this new version of Banff Springs, a sweet -7(64) on this Canadian Thanksgiving Sunday evening.

And Happy Thanksgiving to One and All now ....or in a few days time!

Play on, Play Well,

RW

‎"A single insight is worth a thousand verbs" - R. Mills
crjones

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:36 am    Post subject: Banff Springs Hole 15 - Thanksgiving Reply with quote

Thanks. Spent months on the 15th tee area I reckon - only to then realise I was working on the middle tees and not the back tee area. What a dill! LOL So all that work on the middle tee area in front of the steps leading up to the restaurant will probably never be seen.

The back tee area for the 15th was put in rather quickly when I realized my mistake right before its release - its got an update since the beta and is actually a fair bit more elevated now.

rwmills

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject: Banff Springs Hole 15 - Thanksgiving Reply with quote

Thanks for making the course update. It's just a visual favourite for me personally., the 15th. You say the tee has been updated.... is that in a future release or is it out?

I must qualify too when I stated, that to me , a perfect driving range has an elevated tee area.....it's moderately elevated of course above the landing area, not like the 15th. One needs to gauge actual carry and roll yardages and a deviation too much, means too much of a declination adjustment in the first place. You don't want to groove those adjusted yardages for real lfie flat land play.....one may pull the wrong iron......"approaching" the situation in error.

Your Banff Springs update is a delight to play, and masterful .......should you ever want to take on her Thompson designed sister, The Jasper Park Lodge Course, for Links. That too would a grand addition and surely appreciated by Linksters the World over!!!

With Elevated Perspective and Disposition,

RW

pmgolf

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:13 pm    Post subject: Banff Springs Hole 15 - Thanksgiving Reply with quote

To think that this Virginian was right beside the Banff Hotel on a day where inclement weather prevented me from playing. Bummer! I did drive the Icefields Parkway to Jasper, though. Beautiful! The views up there are incredible.

I would love it if someone did the Jasper Park Lodge Course for Links!

Pete

rwmills

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject: Banff Springs Hole 15 - Thanksgiving Reply with quote

You guys are giving me a few goosebumps here today, with Halloween around the corner perhaps. My son was down on the Gold Coast in Australia this year, and I always have wanted to tour Virginia, preferably on a motorcycle.

My father would call me Richmond growing up. I would ask why and he would just say, "Richmond, Virginia". He was never there either, but it got me to investigating it as a teenager, I even sent away to the Virginia Tourist Board and received a great big envelope with maps, tour guides etc. I still have yet to make the trip.

The Canadian Rockies offer the best road trip visually, that I've seen personally that is, and the road from Banff to Jasper is one of the greatest in the world. "For Pete's sake" and all the Linksters ....to establish a Link, a byway, between these two Stanley Thompson Gems in Banff and Jasper would be a grand thing indeed.

Play on, Play Well!

Richmond

rwmills

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:12 pm    Post subject: Banff Springs Hole 15 - Thanksgiving Reply with quote

This picture is on my Laptop wallpaper currently, and since we are on the topic of elevated tees, here's the first tee view from The Rise, a Freddy Couples Course in Vernon, B.C.

That is Lake Okanagan in the background, though I didn't play it this day, the marshall was kind enough to drive me around 9 holes. It's a very cool layout, located on high above the lake and the City of Vernon.

RW

guitarget

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject: Banff Springs Hole 15 - Thanksgiving Reply with quote

I'd break out a chair and a cold drink. What a view! Golf? What's that? Laugh

"Why waste good shots in practice when you might need them in a match?" - Walter Hagen
pmgolf

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:16 pm    Post subject: Banff Springs Hole 15 - Thanksgiving Reply with quote

rwmills wrote:
This picture is on my Laptop wallpaper currently, and since we are on the topic of elevated tees, here's the first tee view from The Rise, a Freddy Couples Course in Vernon, B.C.

That is Lake Okanagan in the background, though I didn't play it this day, the marshall was kind enough to drive me around 9 holes. It's a very cool layout, located on high above the lake and the City of Vernon.

RW

More goosebumps, Richmond! Pete is my nickname, inherited from my grandfather. I was named after him, too. His and my first name is Vernon!

Pretty cool!

Pete

Gtown75

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject: Banff Springs Hole 15 - Thanksgiving Reply with quote

How can I get hold of the course? I had it back in the day on my 486. Hint. Hint.

Baby

Bluenoser

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:17 pm    Post subject: Banff Springs Hole 15 - Thanksgiving Reply with quote

Gtown75 wrote:
How can I get hold of the course? I had it back in the day on my 486. Hint. Hint.

Baby

Look in the course downloads section for Banff hint hint :)

Links - It's not about winning, it's about having fun!
Gtown75

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:03 am    Post subject: Banff Springs Hole 15 - Thanksgiving Reply with quote

Bluenoser wrote:
Gtown75 wrote:

Baby

Look in the course downloads section for Banff hint hint :)

Actually, I looked in my own courses directory and already have it. Doh! Thanks anyway.

View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Course Corner All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Is my good friend in the rough, or is the b*&#*$d on the green? - James Bond