Please support Links Corner    

When I die, bury me on the golf course so my husband will visit. ~ Anon
Monte - bunkers View older topic :: View newer topic  
Captain Nemo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject: Monte - bunkers Reply with quote

Serge:
Ran into an issue @ hole #7 with this green side bunker (see graphic). Could not get out. Saved shot & tested numerous times with various techniques & clubs with no luck.
I think this issue could happen with any of your bunkers here that have this (what I would term) unrealistic sculptured wall style). The sand goes up to where sand could not go and the grass drags down to meet it. Realistically, course maintenance would be tricky! :)

What is Casper the Friendly Ghost's Girlfriend's greatest asset? ...............Her BOObies! :))
grandpabruce

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject: Monte - bunkers Reply with quote

I would assume that you probably have to turn to left, or a 180 to get out.

Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971
Danny D

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:14 am    Post subject: Re: Monte - bunkers Reply with quote

Captain Nemo wrote:
Serge:
Ran into an issue @ hole #7 with this green side bunker (see graphic). Could not get out. Saved shot & tested numerous times with various techniques & clubs with no luck.
I think this issue could happen with any of your bunkers here that have this (what I would term) unrealistic sculptured wall style). The sand goes up to where sand could not go and the grass drags down to meet it. Realistically, course maintenance would be tricky! :)
Just for laughs, if you rotate directly into the face of the trap lip and choose a driver, take a full swing, and hit the sand snap, many times it will drive the golf ball right thru the ground and the ball will pop out of the trap. Roll Eyes Yes Laugh

MULLIGAN: A thieving second shot employed by golfers to prove the first one was no mistake
sagevanni

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:33 am    Post subject: Monte - bunkers Reply with quote

I'll work on makin em more realistic.....although I have seen some pretty outrageous bunkers in real life and on TV.

Captain Nemo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Monte - bunkers Reply with quote

grandpabruce wrote:
I would assume that you probably have to turn to left, or a 180 to get out.

Tried that as 1st alternate solution the other day: Player wiffs repeatedly. Can't see it visually but am assuming the club is hitting the grass at the top of the lip on the downswing. Same problem with Danny's suggestion. Ball always bounced back into back lip curve, which produces reverse of initial situation. Initial efforts to extract were to work from selected SandW to LobW then LobW Flop. All results were the same. The ball rolls along under the lip a couple of feet drops down and creates a similar shot.

What is Casper the Friendly Ghost's Girlfriend's greatest asset? ...............Her BOObies! :))
Captain Nemo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Monte - bunkers Reply with quote

sagevanni wrote:
I'll work on makin em more realistic.....although I have seen some pretty outrageous bunkers in real life and on TV.

Serge: You are the designer. Feel free to make all your bunkers impossible to get out of if you want to. My only argument is if I am going to be stuck in a bunker until the end of time, it should look realistic and be interesting and attractive. Surrender Yes Smile Smile

grandpabruce

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject: Monte - bunkers Reply with quote

What is the name of the course?

Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
sagevanni

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:26 pm    Post subject: Monte - bunkers Reply with quote

LMAO Captain..........stay outta those damn bunkers....!!!!!!!!!!! LOL....just kidding.......I'm still trying to decide how I want to do my bunker lips......am trying some things. Anyway.......starting a new course and will take all criticisms and comments and suggestions for making my bunkers more realistic. Will be able to do more with my new computer I will get some time in December or January. Am gonna get another laptop but it will have lots more ram and dedicated graphics so I can see stuff better. Happy bunkering.......!!!!! Like I said.....will try for more realism......

Sage......

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=impossible%20golf%20bunker%20lips&qs=n&form=QBIRMH&sp=-1&pq=impossible%20golf%20bunker%20lips&sc=0-27&sk=&cvid=7D44E62BDBD54ECF990CAA362EA3707F

Captain Nemo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject: Monte - bunkers Reply with quote

@GP: See Subject Title (Monte). Sleep Help Smile Smile

grandpabruce

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject: Monte - bunkers Reply with quote

Captain Nemo wrote:
@GP: See Subject Title (Monte). Sleep Help Smile Smile

I thought it was a shortcut name for a course. I don't have that course, and probably won't download it. Laugh

Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Course Corner All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Golfer: Well, I have never played this badly before! Caddy: I didn't realize you had played before, sir.