Please support Links Corner    

My clubs are well used, but unfortunately not used well! - Jack Burrell
Northern Lakes - The Pro Course View older topic :: View newer topic  
Danny D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:50 am    Post subject: Northern Lakes - The Pro Course Reply with quote

Hi everyone...
I'll be releasing my new course when Andy gets back from holiday.

Northern Lakes is a fantasy course laid out in a wooded mountain area. I will be releasing 2 versions of this course. This first version, which I named "Northern Lakes - the Pro Course", is not a difficult course. It has generous sized fairways and greens, and a good player will be able to shoot some low scores on it while enjoying a pleasant view of the surrounding mountains, created by Daniel.

For those of you that prefer more of a challenge, I will also be releasing the same course, but with some adjustments that will make it a bit more challenging. I'll be naming it "Northern Lakes - the Championship Course".

Here are a few screenshots. Hope you enjoy.

Dan

MULLIGAN: A thieving second shot employed by golfers to prove the first one was no mistake
sagevanni

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject: Northern Lakes - The Pro Course Reply with quote

Awesome looking so far.......nice work Danny D.

grandpabruce

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject: Northern Lakes - The Pro Course Reply with quote

It looks great, pard!

Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971
billw

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: Northern Lakes - The Pro Course Reply with quote

Danny D,

Course looks awesome.

Also,

To Danny D, Glenn, Colin, Duck Hook, Sage, John, and anybody I missed,

Thanks for your course designs which keeps our great game of Links 2003 fresh and alive. It's always nice to have new courses to play.

billw

Max64

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:23 pm    Post subject: Northern Lakes - The Pro Course Reply with quote

Looks great! Clap

JWGriffinGCA

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:38 pm    Post subject: Northern Lakes - The Pro Course Reply with quote

Looking good, Dan!

John

When it comes to havoc, nobody wreaks like me! -Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz
Ian wells

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:59 am    Post subject: Northern Lakes - The Pro Course Reply with quote

Looking very good. The first photo is so natural looking, well done.
Ian

braden1308

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:25 am    Post subject: Northern Lakes - The Pro Course Reply with quote

Very nice Danny, looks fantastic!

Danny D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:29 am    Post subject: Course Has Been Uploaded... Reply with quote

Hello again everyone.

I uploaded the pro version of the course tonight. Hope you enjoy my first attempt at designing a fantasy course.

The champ course is still under revision, but should be finished hopefully in less than 2 weeks.

Thanks for the nice comments. Hope everyone enjoys playing it. Please let me know if any problems show up.

Best wishes to all,

Dan

MULLIGAN: A thieving second shot employed by golfers to prove the first one was no mistake
Bluenoser

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject: Northern Lakes - The Pro Course Reply with quote

Beautiful looking course - been checking the downloads all day for it :)

Thanks for sharing, much appreciated.

Links - It's not about winning, it's about having fun!
Andy
Links Corner Admin
Links Corner Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject: Northern Lakes - The Pro Course Reply with quote

It's up now. Thumb Up

guitarget

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject: Northern Lakes - The Pro Course Reply with quote

Definitely reminded me of playing golf in the 1970's, when real courses were as empty as the images you posted. Laugh

"Why waste good shots in practice when you might need them in a match?" - Walter Hagen
mashie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:35 pm    Post subject: Northern Lakes - The Pro Course Reply with quote

Played a round on this course and it is very well done. Great looking and very realistic textures and planting. Lot of fun to play. Only a couple of things that I wasn't a fan of: You can't run a ball onto the green in most cases due to an area of rough right in front of the greens; some of the fairways are very narrow; when I'm playing champ I would probably not hit any of them. Fine addition of realistic looking fictional courses. Thanks for doing it and sharing.

Danny D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:27 am    Post subject: Northern Lakes - The Pro Course Reply with quote

mashie wrote:
Played a round on this course and it is very well done. Great looking and very realistic textures and planting. Lot of fun to play. Only a couple of things that I wasn't a fan of: You can't run a ball onto the green in most cases due to an area of rough right in front of the greens; some of the fairways are very narrow; when I'm playing champ I would probably not hit any of them. Fine addition of realistic looking fictional courses. Thanks for doing it and sharing.
Thank you very much mashie for your review and comments. It's always good to hear from some of the players so us new designers know whether we're on the right track or not.

My next course will have fairways that will run onto the greens, so rolling on will be an option for you. Once again, thanks for the nice review. Cheers

Dan

View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Preview Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Golfer: That can't be my ball, caddy. It looks far too old. Caddy: It's a long time since we started, sir.