Please support Links Corner    

Actually, the only time I ever took out a one iron was to kill a tarantula. And I took a seven to do that. -Jim Murry

New course View older topic :: View newer topic  
sagevanni

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:32 pm    Post subject: New course Reply with quote

Thoughts.....

[/img]

Captain Nemo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject: New course Reply with quote

Wow! sage.: You have grown exponentially as a designer. Looking very detailed & maybe ready for a Beta release?
I am totally envious. Over the years, on 3 different PC's, when I tried to use the APCD, I could not get the cursor to release from the routing line on the 1st hole I tried to design; No one in the Forum was ever able to provided a solution and so I still remain sad & suicidal as each morning I awake and realize that none of the courses I dreamed about the night before will ever come to fruition in Links. Sad

How many Microsoft Programmers does it take to replace a light bulb? Just one.
However, you will be installing updates for all eternity!
Ian wells

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:28 am    Post subject: New course Reply with quote

Very impressive Sage, well done.

grandpabruce

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:16 am    Post subject: New course Reply with quote

It is very nice. It would look better with a little more seam blending. When you get better at that, I believe that your courses will be second to none others out there.

Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971
Stephen W

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject: New course Reply with quote

Delightful. Reminds me of an inland course in Montes de Málaga Natural Park, Spain. Look forward to playing it.

billw

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject: New course Reply with quote

Sage,

Each course you do gets better and better. This looks like your best course ever looking at the photos. Hole 15 is awesome. Great view from the tee and another great view approaching the green. Keep up the good work. I like the way your holes can be very long or very short depending on what tee you use. Your designs also change the strategy of the hole depending which tee you're using. Your courses are good courses to play random tees.

billw

sagevanni

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject: New course Reply with quote

A BIG thanks to everyone for the comments. I have changed some planting due to my comp lacking the power to be able to plant and seam blend to my liking. I will post some more pics as I progress to see what you all think of the changes. Again.....A BIG thanks to you all. I will also make changes to other courses based on the comments I get. I have already incorporated changes suggested mainly from Bill. Will post updates as I get them ready.

Sage

Max64

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: New course Reply with quote

It does look great Sage! Thumb Up

I'm no expert on course design but it looks excellent to me. You need a better computer so you're not held back! Seam blends certainly would top it off.

Daniel

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:06 pm    Post subject: New course Reply with quote

Yes your courses are getting better and better.I am very pleased to see you using some of my Panoramas to.Thank you very much.

sagevanni

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:53 am    Post subject: New course Reply with quote

Daniel, Your panos and skies are second to none...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I use some of your trees also....

Sage

sagevanni

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject: New Screens Reply with quote

[/img]

sagevanni

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject: New course Reply with quote

Ok.....lemme know what you all think now.......at my limit on course size. This will be it except when I upload it for beta testing, then I will make changes from the comments. Thanks guys and a huge thanks to all who I have used your panos, textures and objects....!!!!!!

Sage

Duck Hook

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject: New course Reply with quote

Nice job Sage but, I dunno, the water looks too blue for the setting. Needs are more murky colour I reckon. And I think you need to be careful with your bunkers. A lot of them seem to have almost 90 degree vertical faces and maybe a bit of undercut here and there leading to some impossible lies. Playing backwards or sideways out of bunkers is not much fun after a while.. Scared
Just my 2 cents worth, Thumb Up

sagevanni

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject: New course Reply with quote

Mr. Hook.......Notes taken and will change the water......I had the same idea but got sidetracked before I made the change. Will make it. I know.....I go crazy with some of my bunkers...!!!!!! Again notes taken and will try to calm them down a bit. And again I will make note of the bunker thing in my future courses. Thanks again Mr. Hook......

Sage

View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Course Corner All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Golfer: I've played so poorly all day; I think I'm going to go drown myself in that lake.
Caddy: I doubt you could keep your head down that long.