Please support Links Corner    

I was three over. One over a house, one over a patio, and one over a swimming pool. - George Brett
Pine Ridge View older topic :: View newer topic  
Duck Hook

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:53 am    Post subject: Pine Ridge Reply with quote

Since I'm clearing the decks in my APCD projects, this is another project I might revisit. It's called Pine Ridge and is actually the first 18 hole course I ever got round to completing, you know when we all wanted to design a course that looked like Augusta National,lol. It's about 11 or 12 years old and I started updating it about 5 or 6 years ago but lost interest. It'd a bit fantastical in places but might be worth another look. Have to be a complete replant though as it was planted before I merged the 01 & 03 object libraries.

noelk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:40 am    Post subject: Pine Ridge Reply with quote

Hey Todd, you've got a real flair for contours and elevations; looks like a golf course on a perfectly natural piece of undulating land. You've definitely captured the AN look Laugh
Glad you've opened your old courses glory box mate! Thumb Up

"For where your treasure is, there will be your heart also."

www.linksanimasters.com
Duck Hook

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject: Pine Ridge Reply with quote

noelk wrote:
Hey Todd, you've got a real flair for contours and elevations; looks like a golf course on a perfectly natural piece of undulating land. You've definitely captured the AN look Laugh
Glad you've opened your old courses glory box mate! Thumb Up

Cheers Noel
Good on yer mate!
Thumb Up

tomk2542

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject: Pine Ridge Reply with quote

This is an excellent looking course. It reminds me so much of the courses in North and South Carolina, I played while on vacations. I hope you will release it. Excellent!!

There's a quote from the Tet 68 attack that was on a MP's lighter & it read:

"You have never lived
Until you have almost died
For those who fight for it
Life has a flavor the "protected" will never know."

Vietnam Vet
Dec66 - March69
animal72

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Pine Ridge Reply with quote

Yep, as I was looking at those shots the word Pinehurst came to mind. Just add the number after it and you're good! Very nice look to it, hope you complete it!

gowoods

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:51 pm    Post subject: Pine Ridge Reply with quote

Looks great, too good not to be finished, from the screenies this course oozes quality

Duck Hook

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:03 am    Post subject: Pine Ridge Reply with quote

Thanks fellas. So much work to be done to get up to standard, finish seam blending etc,etc. And there are still 3 or 4 really shitty holes to be done right over. Getting keen though.

guitarget

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:35 am    Post subject: Pine Ridge Reply with quote

Thumb Up

"Why waste good shots in practice when you might need them in a match?" - Walter Hagen
Max64

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:56 am    Post subject: Pine Ridge Reply with quote

Looks great! Thumb Up

billw

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject: Pine Ridge Reply with quote

Duck Hook,

Course looks great. Can't wait to get out the clubs and step onto the first tee.

Also, you too deserve thanks for your course designing which is keeping this wonderful game alive.

billw

Duck Hook

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject: Pine Ridge Reply with quote

Thanks Billw...
Thumb Up

View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Course Corner All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Real golfers never strike a caddie with the driver. The sand wedge is far more effective. ~Huxtable Pippey