Please support Links Corner    

Golfer: Well, I have never played this badly before! Caddy: I didn't realize you had played before, sir.
Seam blend this View older topic :: View newer topic  
sagevanni

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: Seam blend this Reply with quote

OK.....gotta question......I am seam blending my future courses....."maybe"......I get how to do basic seam blending. I have what are maybe some difficult blends in my new course I am working on (see pic). Can anyone explain how to seam blend the fairway fringe that goes all around with breaks as shown...????? As you can see it is NOT a continuous loop.

sagevanni

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject: Seam blend this Reply with quote

I think I got it............

Duck Hook

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:07 pm    Post subject: Seam blend this Reply with quote

Sage, you could use the face extrude method here. Select all the fairway, fringe and green faces and extrude them down, add your seam texture to the extrusion and map. You can raise all the faces/verts as you please to lessen the lip effect.
You can use the same method with the internal fairway seams and green seams or you can add rings of verts as you please.
You have to be careful using the extrude method as it can mess with the mappings. Bit out of practice here but I think you either have to work from the outside in if you are mapping as you go or do all of the extrusions and then map.

braden1308

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:55 am    Post subject: Seam blend this Reply with quote

That would be simple extrusion. You would have to work from the outside in, it wouldn't work from the inside going out

sagevanni

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject: Seam blend this Reply with quote

Thanks guys.......I am experimenting with diff ways of doing things, both of your methods will be given a try and we will see how things go. I am a mechanical designer by trade and have use multiple cad programs. I wish APCD was more modern.

Sage............

brooks2345

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject: Seam blend this Reply with quote

Hi Sage - I wouldn't go down the extrusion route.

You've got Green, Fringe 1, Fringe 2 (why do you want 2 fringes?) Fairway, and Rough.

So you need Green2Fringe 1, Fringe12Fringe2, Fairway2Fringe2, and Fringe22Rough.

Simple enough - and you don't waste file space or mess up mapping.

Cheers

John Brooks
Oh My

braden1308

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject: Seam blend this Reply with quote

brooks2345 wrote:
Hi Sage - I wouldn't go down the extrusion route.

You've got Green, Fringe 1, Fringe 2 (why do you want 2 fringes?) Fairway, and Rough.

So you need Green2Fringe 1, Fringe12Fringe2, Fairway2Fringe2, and Fringe22Rough.

Simple enough - and you don't waste file space or mess up mapping.

Cheers

John Brooks
Oh My

The mapping can be tricky but with the extrusion method but it does not take up extra file space and it also cuts down on the possibility of having your textures lie icon in the game being mislabeled

View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Designers Corner All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

I was three over. One over a house, one over a patio, and one over a swimming pool. - George Brett