Please support Links Corner    

Every golfer can expect to have four bad shots in a round. The real problem is having them all on the first tee. - Walter Hagen
Hardest hole View older topic :: View newer topic  
mwc0914
Official LC Staff

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:04 pm    Post subject: Hardest hole Reply with quote

Just curious...what is the hardest hole in Links for you? You know, that hole that when you come to it, you might as well just take a triple bogie, because it ain't going to be pretty...

gchewitt

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:47 pm    Post subject: Hardest hole Reply with quote

18th at Sawgrass.

Andy
Links Corner Admin
Links Corner Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:07 am    Post subject: Hardest hole Reply with quote

18th at Tall Pines Estate. Always suckers me in to go for the green in two and I invariably go in the water. Wall Bash

guitarget

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: Hardest hole Reply with quote

4th hole at Crooked Creek. If only I would lay up with an iron once in a while, I might make a birdie - but no, I always have to go for the green in one shot - and almost always end up in bad places. 26 yards down from tee to green..... Surrender

"Why waste good shots in practice when you might need them in a match?" - Walter Hagen
Gtown75

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject: Hardest hole Reply with quote

I know it's a fantasy course, but Access Memorial has some real ********.

Gtown75

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject: Hardest hole Reply with quote

Morar Dunes. The rough has caused me some sleepless nights.

pmgolf

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject: Hardest hole Reply with quote

After considerable thought - the 18th at Whistling Straits.

noelk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject: Hardest hole Reply with quote

Good topic. Mine is Whitewebbs hole 6, a driveable par 4 over water.I can stand there all day in practice mode and easily put ball after ball on the green , but the moment I'm having a real game, I seem to mis-hit every time and end up in the drink; then take an iron for my third shot over the longer, safer route.

"For where your treasure is, there will be your heart also."

www.linksanimasters.com
Nate Dogg

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:59 pm    Post subject: Hardest hole Reply with quote

14 at Harbour Town (par 3). Have made 5 or 6 many times in tour play. Once I hit 3 balls in the water and took 10. Surrender

Champ Classic, No Grid, Close-up, Top Cam Only

It takes a lot of balls to golf like I do!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
View older topic :: View newer topic  
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Is my good friend in the rough, or is the b*&#*$d on the green? - James Bond