Please support Links Corner    

A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom. ~ Henry Beard
Solution: WINERR_Access Denied CoCreateInstance(IDirectPlayLobby3A View older topic :: View newer topic  
MarkHulka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: Solution: WINERR_Access Denied CoCreateInstance(IDirectPlayLobby3A Reply with quote

If you get this error win Windows8/10 here's how to fix it

1. Go into the Windows 10, click the start button then start typing the word “programs”. Or go into control panel.
2. You should see an option for “Programs and Features” – click it to open it up
3. When the window opens, in the left menu, click on “Turn Windows Features on or off”
4. Scroll down until you see a folder labeled “Legacy Components” and expand it
5. Do you see an option for “DirectPlay”? Is it checked? If it’s not checked, check it and click Ok
6. Close those windows then try the game once more.

Mark

TIG_Stoney

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:39 am    Post subject: WINERR_Access Denied CoCreateInstance(IDirectPlayLobby3A Reply with quote

Attempting to install Links and the numerous patches on my new computer, I had struggled with this error for over a day. Installing, uninstalling, trying to patch.
Jim Compton sent me a link to this forum and Mark must have just posted this solution to the error. Sure enough it was an easy fix and now I have Links up and running again.
Thanks so much Mark.

KunkleMan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject: Solution: WINERR_Access Denied CoCreateInstance(IDirectPlayLobby3A Reply with quote

Candidate for a "Sticky"?

No. 1 rule of golf-----Make sure you stay on the RIGHT side of the grass!!
gazskeltz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:39 pm    Post subject: Solution: WINERR_Access Denied CoCreateInstance(IDirectPlayLobby3A Reply with quote

Woo Hoo!

Well timed as I've just reset Windows 10 and this has been bugging me all day. Links would start (hurrah) but got that error then no sound.

Been right round the houses and no mistake.

Cheers!

Gary

grandpabruce

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject: Solution: WINERR_Access Denied CoCreateInstance(IDirectPlayLobby3A Reply with quote

gazskeltz wrote:
Woo Hoo!

Well timed as I've just reset Windows 10 and this has been bugging me all day. Links would start (hurrah) but got that error then no sound.

Been right round the houses and no mistake.

Cheers!

Gary

I have to ask, what the hell does that expression mean?
I've never heard of before.

Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971
gazskeltz

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:41 am    Post subject: Solution: WINERR_Access Denied CoCreateInstance(IDirectPlayLobby3A Reply with quote

Hi,

There's a couple of English phrases there.

'Been right round the houses' is a phrase that means that I've been everywhere in a quest to find something - usually by the most complicated route. It comes from Bus journeys - you're not really going far but local buses, by their nature go all round the houses rather than a direct route.

'And no mistake' is just added by us limeys to emphasise the point.

Gaw blimey guvnor!

(cockney phrase which is a non-blasphemous way of saying 'God Blind me')

grandpabruce

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject: Solution: WINERR_Access Denied CoCreateInstance(IDirectPlayLobby3A Reply with quote

gazskeltz wrote:
Hi,

There's a couple of English phrases there.

'Been right round the houses' is a phrase that means that I've been everywhere in a quest to find something - usually by the most complicated route. It comes from Bus journeys - you're not really going far but local buses, by their nature go all round the houses rather than a direct route.

'And no mistake' is just added by us limeys to emphasise the point.

Gaw blimey guvnor!

(cockney phrase which is a non-blasphemous way of saying 'God Blind me')

Thanks for the explanation.

Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971
mistermike40

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Solution: WINERR_Access Denied CoCreateInstance(IDirectPlayLobby3A Reply with quote

MarkHulka wrote:
If you get this error win Windows8/10 here's how to fix it

1. Go into the Windows 10, click the start button then start typing the word “programs”. Or go into control panel.
2. You should see an option for “Programs and Features” – click it to open it up
3. When the window opens, in the left menu, click on “Turn Windows Features on or off”
4. Scroll down until you see a folder labeled “Legacy Components” and expand it
5. Do you see an option for “DirectPlay”? Is it checked? If it’s not checked, check it and click Ok
6. Close those windows then try the game once more.

Mark

THANKS MARK!!! This works perfectly (still have to run in XP compatibility mode as admin, with 640x480 resolution and disable fullscreen... once you're in the game you can set the resolution and it's fullscreen). I played a few holes and the gamplay is flawless.

Thanks again! And yes... this should definitely be a sticky!

View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Members Tech Forums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Real golfers never strike a caddie with the driver. The sand wedge is far more effective. ~Huxtable Pippey