Please support Links Corner    



Rough should have high grass. When you go bowling they don't give you anything for landing in the gutter, do they? - Lee Trevino
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Links 2003
Active Communities? View older topic :: View newer topic  
Author Message
Spacedeck



Joined: 03 Jun 2017
Posts: 17
Location
West Yorkshire, England

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:12 pm    Post subject: Active Communities? Reply with quote

Will the people behind the Links website ever update the links page?

https://www.linkscountryclub.com/community

From that list, all the teams website don't work and some of the tournaments also. Does anyone know if any of the listed websites for tournaments are still active?


View user's profile Send private message
pmgolf



Joined: 04 Apr 2010
Posts: 572
Location
Richmond, VA

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:30 am    Post subject: Active Communities? Reply with quote

www.LSPN.net

www.KissTours.com


View user's profile Send private message
Spacedeck



Joined: 03 Jun 2017
Posts: 17
Location
West Yorkshire, England

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject: Active Communities? Reply with quote

Thanks! I have signed up for LSPN but I'm waiting for my account to be approved. I'll sign up for KISS soon but, I've downloaded the course and trying to get some what decent before I sign up.

I'm not very good at the game yet. I hope this isn't going to mean I can't play in these.


View user's profile Send private message
Gtown75



Joined: 27 May 2017
Posts: 39
Location
Norfolk, England

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject: Active Communities? Reply with quote

Spacedeck wrote:
Thanks! I have signed up for LSPN but I'm waiting for my account to be approved.


Yeah, same here. It's been almost a month, but heard nothing. The Kiss Tour page is very poorly laid out, so I'm a bit wary. Anyone had any experiences?


View user's profile Send private message
Sandy Trapp



Joined: 04 Nov 2003
Posts: 1004
Location
Middletown, PA

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:31 pm    Post subject: Active Communities? Reply with quote

www.tpclinks.com

Australian Hogan Mondays at 10 PM EDT
New season starts this Monday 6/26. 9 holes

TPC League Tuesdays at 10 PM EDT (although when the new league starts on 7/11, it may bump back to 9 PM EDT. 9 hole matches.

Arrive 10 minutes before the hour in the chatroom, if interested.

www.connlinks.com

18 hole handicapped round per week.


View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Spacedeck



Joined: 03 Jun 2017
Posts: 17
Location
West Yorkshire, England

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:01 am    Post subject: Active Communities? Reply with quote

Is this not an offline tournament? I checked times and for me locally it's either 2 or 3AM Sad

View user's profile Send private message
pmgolf



Joined: 04 Apr 2010
Posts: 572
Location
Richmond, VA

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:49 am    Post subject: Active Communities? Reply with quote

Gtown75 wrote:
Spacedeck wrote:
Thanks! I have signed up for LSPN but I'm waiting for my account to be approved.


Yeah, same here. It's been almost a month, but heard nothing. The Kiss Tour page is very poorly laid out, so I'm a bit wary. Anyone had any experiences?


I'll speak up for you guys over at LSPN and get someone to respond to you.

GTown, it's just a matter of getting used to the layout. Check the "Tour Rules" for the 8 individual tours and join the ones you find interesting. The "Diehard" is the toughest, and the "PGA" and "Stableford" are for the older, 2001 version of the game. "CPU" offers competition against a computer player, but that tour is winding down. "LWT" and "Euro" are weekly tournaments with cuts, and "Kiss" and "Champions" are bi-weekly. The last 2 are a good place to start.

Pete


View user's profile Send private message
Max64



Joined: 01 Jun 2016
Posts: 181

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject: Active Communities? Reply with quote

I don't think LSPN have accepted anyone for a long time. I joined a long time ago and never received anything from them. Doesn't matter now because I'm no longer playing 2003.

View user's profile Send private message
pmgolf



Joined: 04 Apr 2010
Posts: 572
Location
Richmond, VA

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject: Active Communities? Reply with quote

Max64 wrote:
I don't think LSPN have accepted anyone for a long time. I joined a long time ago and never received anything from them. Doesn't matter now because I'm no longer playing 2003.


I joined less than a year ago. I set up World Tour tournaments there.

Pete


View user's profile Send private message
Max64



Joined: 01 Jun 2016
Posts: 181

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject: Active Communities? Reply with quote

pmgolf wrote:
Max64 wrote:
I don't think LSPN have accepted anyone for a long time. I joined a long time ago and never received anything from them. Doesn't matter now because I'm no longer playing 2003.


I joined less than a year ago. I set up World Tour tournaments there.

Pete


Not sure what's going on there then Pete. I would likely have also joined somewhere around a year ago or so I'd say if I had to guess. Registered but then never received any emails. Dunno


View user's profile Send private message
Sandy Trapp



Joined: 04 Nov 2003
Posts: 1004
Location
Middletown, PA

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject: Active Communities? Reply with quote

Spacedeck wrote:
Is this not an offline tournament? I checked times and for me locally it's either 2 or 3AM Sad

Unfortunately, TPC is online.

Connlinks is an offline tournament site. One round per week.


View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Gtown75



Joined: 27 May 2017
Posts: 39
Location
Norfolk, England

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Active Communities? Reply with quote

pmgolf wrote:
Gtown75 wrote:
Spacedeck wrote:
Thanks! I have signed up for LSPN but I'm waiting for my account to be approved.


Yeah, same here. It's been almost a month, but heard nothing. The Kiss Tour page is very poorly laid out, so I'm a bit wary. Anyone had any experiences?


I'll speak up for you guys over at LSPN and get someone to respond to you.

GTown, it's just a matter of getting used to the layout. Check the "Tour Rules" for the 8 individual tours and join the ones you find interesting. The "Diehard" is the toughest, and the "PGA" and "Stableford" are for the older, 2001 version of the game. "CPU" offers competition against a computer player, but that tour is winding down. "LWT" and "Euro" are weekly tournaments with cuts, and "Kiss" and "Champions" are bi-weekly. The last 2 are a good place to start.

Pete


Cheers!


View user's profile Send private message
MarkHulka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator


Joined: 13 Oct 2003
Posts: 562
Location
Las Vegas, NV

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject: Active Communities? Reply with quote

Hey guys,

If anyone is still waiting on their LSPN account to be activated please PM me.

Mark


View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Spacedeck



Joined: 03 Jun 2017
Posts: 17
Location
West Yorkshire, England

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject: Active Communities? Reply with quote

MarkHulka wrote:
Hey guys,

If anyone is still waiting on their LSPN account to be activated please PM me.

Mark


Awesome, thank you. PM'ed.


View user's profile Send private message
Sandy Trapp



Joined: 04 Nov 2003
Posts: 1004
Location
Middletown, PA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Active Communities? Reply with quote

As for KISS tours, the PGA and Stableford are not for the 2001 version of the game. They just use regular conditions, that is, no challenging conditions.
Definitely played using 2003 version of Links, though.


View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Display posts from previous:   
View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Links 2003 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
 

Want to play Links again but lost your CDs? Buy Links 2003 download version here and support this site.