Please support Links Corner    

Golfer: That can't be my ball, caddy. It looks far too old. Caddy: It's a long time since we started, sir.
Pacific Breaks 2003Goto page 1, 2  Next View older topic :: View newer topic  

How do you rate Pacific Breaks 2003?
Ace
76%
 76%  [ 100 ]
Eagle
17%
 17%  [ 23 ]
Birdie
3%
 3%  [ 4 ]
Par
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Bogey - Must be accompanied by an explanatory post!
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 130

WassupDawg

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 5:15 am    Post subject: Pacific Breaks 2003 Reply with quote

I gave this course an ace. Just brilliant in every detail! Thanks Mike J.! : Not Worthy

Nate Dogg

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 5:47 am    Post subject: Pacific Breaks 2003 Reply with quote

Geez Dawg thought I'd be the first to post this poll for sure but you beat me to it!

Scored it an ace. This was always one of my favorite designs though it slowly slid back out of the pack...but now given the 2003 treatment it is right up there at the top again. Clap

Played the course well and shot a 4-under 68 at Champ Click DESPITE making a NINE on the 7th hole (2nd shot looked perfect, but hit a rock INCHES short of the green, bounced BACK into the water, then rehit and managed to yank ANOTHER ball into the ocean Chair )

One thing speaking of the ocean: On both of my shots into the ocean at the 7th Oops! , the ball BOUNCED on the water similar to the way a ball would bounce in the rough or heavy rough. I am wondering if this is intentional, or whether it might be an error? Either way it was still in a hazard and (unfortunately lol) I got the regular stroke & distance penalty.

Not really a big deal anyway...the rest of the course, the layout, the planting, the textures, the overall enjoyment factor, was outstanding. Thanks Mike you have outdone yourself again Not Worthy Not Worthy Not Worthy

Champ Classic, No Grid, Close-up, Top Cam Only

It takes a lot of balls to golf like I do!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MikeJ

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 7:04 am    Post subject: Pacific Breaks 2003 Reply with quote

Yeah it takes a skip before splashing usually, probably because of all the seam blending in the water - its all set to the correct values and properties and it does splash in the end heh Laugh

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Links Fan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 2:53 am    Post subject: Pacific Breaks 2003 Reply with quote

Another unbelievable effort from MJ! Thanks Mike!
Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap
Group wave Group wave Group wave

~ Give the world the best you have and the best will come back to you. ~
Nate Dogg

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 3:51 am    Post subject: Pacific Breaks 2003 Reply with quote

MikeJ wrote:
Yeah it takes a skip before splashing usually, probably because of all the seam blending in the water - its all set to the correct values and properties and it does splash in the end heh Laugh

Cool...so Mike are you going to develop a way to make a ball skip out of a water hazard? Some of the most amazing shots I have seen (including one I hit lol) have been shots that skipped off water. Laugh

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
dazedcat

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 1:04 pm    Post subject: Pacific Breaks 2003 Reply with quote

Terrific update. The time it takes for loading and system redraws are so much better than the original on my system, that's worth the price alone.

Just another terrific MJ design................like they always are.

Regards;

Chad

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 5:45 pm    Post subject: Pacific Breaks 2003 Reply with quote

truly one of the best made APCD courses ever designed. worth every penny. Thumb Up

Definition of Boring: Radio Golf
Big Three
Links Corner Admin
Links Corner Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 8:51 pm    Post subject: Pacific Breaks 2003 Reply with quote

Having played PB 2K1 many times, I'm hardly surprised at what an absolute gem of a course this is. The update really adds to the course visually and the change in the 18th is an excellent idea. Ace without a doubt. Cheers

Big Three Cool

~ Sarcasm is just one more service that I provide ~
Kristoffer Selberg

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:51 am    Post subject: Pacific Breaks 2003 Reply with quote

I think this is the best course done for this game.

Everyone should get it and enjoy it.

Kristoffer

Dave L

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:57 am    Post subject: Pacific Breaks 2003 Reply with quote

Absolutely brilliant. Was enjoying the round so much I got to the 12th before realising I was on for my best pro click round ever. Finished at -11, wish I'd recorded it. Smile

I give this one a Mary Poppins - Practically Perfect in every way! Laugh

MikeJ

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 2:13 pm    Post subject: Pacific Breaks 2003 Reply with quote

Thank for the comments Yes It's great to know people are having fun with the course and so thanks to the people who are voting to give their rating here .

For those who felt it could have been better, this is the place to post your thoughts on things that you think could have been done better. I can then take that into account on future courses.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Mailman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:16 pm    Post subject: Pacific Breaks 2003 Reply with quote

A big thank you to Mike for a course which has undergone the obvious 2003 texture treatments which put it right up there in the very top echelon of APCD-P2P courses. I also notice more in the way of subtle changes such as the better view from many of the tees (I play in close-up as MJ suggests without grids or topcam), the lovely treatment of the seam areas which have what I can only describe as a 'soft' extrusion very similar to the Xilver courses, and the painstaking care taken with the ocean textures. These and other improvements are all subtle but the net result is breathtaking.

I was fortunate to win this as a result of playing over at KISS tours so I guess Santa gave me an early Xmas present. Am currently using this with Greybeard's VT and it is a brilliant combination because you get to notice the improvements big and small. P.S. Make sure you have it set on 32 bit colour and have anisotropic filtering set if your card supports it - it really does make a difference. Thumb Up

anacroplayer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:28 pm    Post subject: Pacific Breaks 2003 Reply with quote

I gave it an Eagle, mainly for 2 reasons.

1.Whilst I appreciate the update and how good the course and cliffs look, it is at the end of the day just an update at not an original new design.

2. I found it a bit too easy to score even though I had the pins in difficult positions.

Fourputt

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 2:59 pm    Post subject: Pacific Breaks 2003 Reply with quote

I've only had time to play 6 holes so far, but I can already give it an Ace. I probably could have done that sight unseen, just by reputation and loving the 2001 version, but that wouldn't have been fair to Mike. The 2003 updates are nothing less than spectacular. Thanks Mike, for another platinum design.

Rick - Champ RTS (No grid) Mod only
NO-PUTT

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 8:06 pm    Post subject: Pacific Breaks 2003 Reply with quote

Awesome update Mike, thanks for the Present, and for the help unwrapping it...lol.

"I haven't had this much fun since I dropped a banana down my pants and someone turned a monkey loose."

www.linksanimasters.com
Eddie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 8:12 pm    Post subject: Pacific Breaks 2003 Reply with quote

Ace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!great Update

Timon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 1:23 am    Post subject: Pacific Breaks 2003 Reply with quote

Thanks MikeJ for a wonderful update to a classic design. Outstanding job! I love the redesign on the 18th, now a reachable, but risky, par five.

Eagerly looking forward to your next creation!

Bluesbro

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 7:13 am    Post subject: Pacific Breaks 2003 Reply with quote

anacroplayer wrote:
I gave it an Eagle, mainly for 2 reasons.

1.Whilst I appreciate the update and how good the course and cliffs look, it is at the end of the day just an update at not an original new design.

2. I found it a bit too easy to score even though I had the pins in difficult positions.

I haven't broke par yet in 3 full rounds ... not even close actually. Surprisingly enough, my closest round was breezy, f/f and diff pins ... go figure.

Trailsend

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 2:03 am    Post subject: Pacific Breaks 2003 Reply with quote

I loved the 2k1 version so no surprise that this update wasn't something special. I rate this 2k3 version 2nd on my all-time list. Even though I was fortunate enough to win this update in a drawing I would have certainly paid the price for this update. Thanks for sharing your extraordinary talent with the APCD with us MJ.

Nate Dogg

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 2:07 am    Post subject: Pacific Breaks 2003 Reply with quote

Who in the world scored this a bogey or worse??? lol :teehee:

View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Course Polls & User Reviews All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Want to play Links again but lost your CDs? Buy Links 2003 download version here and support this site.