Please support Links Corner    

A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom. ~ Henry Beard
Links Pocket PC on Windows Mobile View older topic :: View newer topic  
RobV

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:04 am    Post subject: Links Pocket PC on Windows Mobile Reply with quote

A few years ago, I picked up a copy of Links Pocket PC for Windows Mobile. It required a Pocket PC in order to play, however and for whatever reasons, I never bought one. So, the game stayed nicely packed away, in its original wrapping.

This past weekend, I went to a flea market and noticed a Dell Axim x30 on a table from one of the vendors. The guy wasn't sure it worked, but had all of the charges, case and stylist was intact... he gave it to me for $5.

Took it home, charged it up and viola! The thing works great! In fact, it doesn't look like it wasn't even used as it wanted me to plug in user information, just like you would do when you first start up a fresh copy of windows.

So, I grabbed my copy of Links, installed it into the device and plays great! Kind of a small screen, but was pretty cool to see that the game worked well... a little difficult to swing with the stylist pen, but heck, it works. Comes with one course, Whistler, and one player model, Sergio.

The inside package indicates that more courses are available, as well as more player models once I register the game.. however, registrations are no longer available and neither is the add on content.

Did anyone else here purchase this game for the pocket pc? If so, any idea if there is some way of obtaining the extra content? I don't foresee myself playing this all too often, but I just thought it was cool to experience this version of Links after all of these years...

gator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:12 pm    Post subject: Links Pocket PC on Windows Mobile Reply with quote

I also have Links for PocketPC. Bought it back in 2003 or 2004. Still use it on a HP PocketPC. The only expansion pack I ever saw was Princeville. I also have that one. I think that came with Craig Statler(?). They promised more courses, but none ever materialized. You are correct in that it is a little more difficult to aim and swing with a stylus. I want to say this was a conversion of Links 2001 and not 2003 as there is really no modifications to the anis.

RobV

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:27 am    Post subject: Links Pocket PC on Windows Mobile Reply with quote

gator wrote:
I also have Links for PocketPC. Bought it back in 2003 or 2004. Still use it on a HP PocketPC. The only expansion pack I ever saw was Princeville. I also have that one. I think that came with Craig Statler(?). They promised more courses, but none ever materialized. You are correct in that it is a little more difficult to aim and swing with a stylus. I want to say this was a conversion of Links 2001 and not 2003 as there is really no modifications to the anis.

Thanks gator... sent you a PM.

Jimbo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:28 am    Post subject: Links Pocket PC on Windows Mobile Reply with quote

I can guess what the PM says-something about a "Pro in Your Pocket..." Whistle

View older topic :: View newer topic  
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Hit 'em hard. They'll land somewhere. - Stewart Maiden