Please support Links Corner    

Real golfers don't cry when they line up their fourth putt. - Anon
Pinehurst #2 Restoration HD by Robert Miller View older topic :: View newer topic  

How do you rate Pinehurst #2 Restoration HD ?
Ace
85%
 85%  [ 55 ]
Eagle
12%
 12%  [ 8 ]
Birdie
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Par
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Bogey - Must be accompanied by an explanatory post!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 64

Jerry Garlisch
Course Manager

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:47 pm    Post subject: Pinehurst #2 Restoration HD by Robert Miller Reply with quote

http://linkscorner.org/courses/course.php?crz=2189

What do you think of Pinehurst #2 Restoration HD by Robert Miller

Please vote in the poll.

After you vote, please leave a few comments or some feedback for the designer about his course and why you voted the way you did.

Thanks

noelk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:54 am    Post subject: Pinehurst #2 Restoration HD by Robert Miller Reply with quote

I don't even know why there is a poll for this course. It's a no-brainer ACE

"For where your treasure is, there will be your heart also."

www.linksanimasters.com
Bluenoser

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:46 pm    Post subject: Pinehurst #2 Restoration HD by Robert Miller Reply with quote

We need an Albatross vote for this one. Can't say enough good things about this rendition of #2. The textures are amazing, I find myself constantly looking all around the course while playing, much more than on any other.

Thank you for a true work of art.

Links - It's not about winning, it's about having fun!
ww2marine

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:54 pm    Post subject: Pinehurst #2 Restoration HD by Robert Miller Reply with quote

Agree with Noel.

Even an ace doesn't seem to be enough.

Bob,

Ride, ride the carousel
Reach for the golden ring
Never to end but to begin again
Life is a circular thing
Captain Nemo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:03 pm    Post subject: Pinehurst #2 Restoration HD by Robert Miller Reply with quote

Simply Amazing! Agreed .... new rating methodology now required.
Until then, Ace it is!
James

Charles

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:52 am    Post subject: Pinehurst #2 Restoration HD by Robert Miller Reply with quote

I agree with bluenoser. Albatross quality this one. Absolute masterpiece in Linksdesign and a hall of fame nominee. Not Worthy

Elite/RTS-Mod 1.07 (no grid),Top+Rev. cam, stats:1000+ rounds; av. score:66; playing hcp:+5; DIF:85%; GIR:66%; av. putts p/r:27; 7 aces; In the bag: D,3+7W, 1i, 4i-LW, P.

Golf is like a love affair. If you dont take it seriously, you wont enjoy it. If you do, it can break your heart.
Skywatcher

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:28 am    Post subject: Pinehurst #2 Restoration HD by Robert Miller Reply with quote

Probably have to dig a hole in the ground on this course to find a fault.

LarryN

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:46 pm    Post subject: Pinehurst #2 Restoration HD by Robert Miller Reply with quote

This is not just an Ace. Perhaps a Par 4 Ace! Maybe an Albatross! Maybe a double Albatross (Acing a par 5)! Clap

J. Merle Core

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:49 pm    Post subject: Pinehurst #2 Restoration HD by Robert Miller Reply with quote

What a course!! Has to be an ace.

Frank C

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:07 pm    Post subject: Ace Reply with quote

Absolutely beautiful. Ace+ all the way.

"Our fans never booed us. - They wouldn't dare. - We outnumbered 'em." ... Browns Pitcher Ned Garver.
Latsop

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:01 am    Post subject: Pinehurst #2 Restoration HD by Robert Miller Reply with quote

Numero Uno on the top 250...nough said... Clap

They can because they think they can...Virgil
Those who can do,those who understand teach...Aristotle
luetze

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:05 pm    Post subject: Pinehurst #2 Restoration HD by Robert Miller Reply with quote

Which isn't entirely correct btw. If I count all vots together I get an average of 4.87 (not that this would be a bad either Wink ) but I have no clue about the cause of this marginal discrepancy.

However the rendition itself is great no doubt but I'm probably one of the very few who favors the old version from 2008 as it looks a bit more vibrant imho.

JDyer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:28 pm    Post subject: Pinehurst #2 Restoration HD by Robert Miller Reply with quote

luetze, That's because 5 "no-brains" gave it an eagle and 1 "total air-head" gave it a birdie. I wonder if any of these 6 even know what APCD means?

Jerry Dyer
2nd email g.dyer@suddenlink.net
luetze

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:29 pm    Post subject: Pinehurst #2 Restoration HD by Robert Miller Reply with quote

The course list still shows an average rating of 4.95.

Under APCD aspects this course is a tremendous rendition. Anyhow some might include other aspects in their voting too.

Latsop

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:29 pm    Post subject: Pinehurst #2 Restoration HD by Robert Miller Reply with quote

luetze wrote:
Which isn't entirely correct btw. If I count all vots together I get an average of 4.87.

Hmmmmm...yeah, your right.

They can because they think they can...Virgil
Those who can do,those who understand teach...Aristotle
luetze

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:42 pm    Post subject: Pinehurst #2 Restoration HD by Robert Miller Reply with quote

This seems to be a general issue. Just checked on Yarlswood in the other thread and it's rated 4.50 but the course list shows 4.33 so I guess the ratings in the course list must be taken with a grain of salt.

karnaktwo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject: Pinehurst No 2 Restoration Reply with quote

How can anyone rate this as bogey, or even par. This recreation of the actual recreation of the original course is simply breathtaking and such a pleasure (very difficult) to play.

grandpabruce

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Pinehurst No 2 Restoration Reply with quote

karnaktwo wrote:
How can anyone rate this as bogey, or even par. This recreation of the actual recreation of the original course is simply breathtaking and such a pleasure (very difficult) to play.

No one rated it bogey or par.

Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971
View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Course Polls & User Reviews All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

The only thing in my bag that works is the bug spray. - Bruce Lansky