Please support Links Corner    

A "gimme" can best be defined as an agreement between two golfers...neither of whom can putt very well. - Anon
Clip Notes Course Reviews View older topic :: View newer topic  
Andy
Links Corner Admin
Links Corner Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Clip Notes Course Reviews Reply with quote

Version 3.2 - January 2013

A completely new version which replaces all previous versions.
Many thanks Ben Clap Clap

Download here

or here

ArisFuser

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Clip Notes Course Reviews Reply with quote

a BIG thank you, Ben. MUCh appreciated!! Clap Clap Download now

Stephen W

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Clip Notes Course Reviews Reply with quote

Thanks very much for the fine effort - as usual they will be a great help.

Acrilix

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Clip Notes Course Reviews Reply with quote

Any chance of another Clip Notes update this year?

Mod 1.07 - Pro powerstroke - No top cam - No grid
APCD Designer - Margaret's Bay, Ackerton Cross, The Dustin Trophy Par 3 Challenge, Battley Peak, Anakena Beach, Mowsbury GC, Darwin Point, Elsham Woods,
Yarlswood Golf Club, Fairview GC, Upham Hall Golf Club, Masson Moor, Zeitsbergen
ousgg
Links Corner Staff

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Clip Notes Course Reviews Reply with quote

Hi Lez.

This year? I would say no. I have a new job and a lot less free time, sadly. At the minute, I'm enjoying being able to play Links for pleasure - it's sometimes hard to do that when you're drafting out the Clip Note review in your head!

Having said all that, Andy and I are working at getting Clip Notes to be a more integral part of this site, which will hopefully save me some time in terms of managing documentation. I'm hoping there will be a status update on this before Christmas.

~~If you're afraid that your full shot might reach the green while the foursome ahead of you is still putting, you have two options: you may immediately shank a lay-up, or you can wait until the green is clear and then top a ball halfway there.~~
big stewart

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Clip Notes Course Reviews Reply with quote

Great work as always .

Stewart . Location Cumbernauld . North Lanarkshire . Scotland.
Acrilix

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:52 pm    Post subject: Clip Notes Course Reviews Reply with quote

I hope that we will eventually see another update to this excellent course guide. Clap

For anyone only now discovering this great game, this is an invaluable reference, and for the more seasoned players, it's a great way to find some gems that may have gone by unnoticed. Thumb Up

APCD Designer - Margaret's Bay, Ackerton Cross, The Dustin Trophy Par 3 Challenge, Battley Peak, Anakena Beach, Mowsbury GC, Darwin Point, Elsham Woods,
Yarlswood Golf Club, Fairview GC, Upham Hall Golf Club, Masson Moor, Zeitsbergen
luetze

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:12 am    Post subject: Clip Notes Course Reviews Reply with quote

Absolutely agree with you, Lez. It's such a fantastic read even if you are with the Links game from the beginning.

Hope we'll see an updated version soon. Who knows maybe your last course gives the necessary verve to Ben Naughty

ousgg
Links Corner Staff

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject: Clip Notes Course Reviews Reply with quote

Hi folks.

I'm kinda gearing up to it. The one thing stopping me is the tedious job of transferring all my existing Clip Notes onto the site. I'm afraid it's paragraph-by-paragraph copy-and-paste business.

If there are any volunteers to help speed things along, let me know.

~~If you're afraid that your full shot might reach the green while the foursome ahead of you is still putting, you have two options: you may immediately shank a lay-up, or you can wait until the green is clear and then top a ball halfway there.~~
stewpot01

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:56 pm    Post subject: Clip Notes Course Reviews Reply with quote

ousgg wrote:
Hi folks.

I'm kinda gearing up to it. The one thing stopping me is the tedious job of transferring all my existing Clip Notes onto the site. I'm afraid it's paragraph-by-paragraph copy-and-paste business.

If there are any volunteers to help speed things along, let me know.

Count me in Thumb Up Just pm me

'One of the reasons Arnie is playing so well is that, before each tee-shot, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them.'
gene_golf

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:57 am    Post subject: Clip Notes Course Reviews Reply with quote

A simple solution would be to leave the 3.2 version as is and where it could still be downloaded then review courses released since Jan. 2013 or not reviewed then if had been released before. The new work could be named as 3.2 version extra edition. This cuts out the need to cut and paste. Hope that this is a possible way to go that saves time and still accomplishes the goal.

Acrilix

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:26 pm    Post subject: Clip Notes Course Reviews Reply with quote

I know all about tedious jobs being a course designer!
Actually, I enjoy most of it, but some parts can be a real grind. I've just started work on a new (real) course, and with no dem I'm putting in verts one at a time at the moment and adjusting the heights manually to create the rough course elevations. I'll then have to fine tune the whole thing again by looking at the website fly-bys, photos, and videos, and that will likely be even more of a headache!! Hopefully it will be worth it though.
Incidentally, I've just checked the last clip notes and since then I've released another 6 courses!! Scared
Boy, how time flies....

ousgg
Links Corner Staff

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:55 pm    Post subject: Clip Notes Course Reviews Reply with quote

I'm back on track, Lez. Sorta.

I'm up to L in the big Clip-Notes transfer. Only about 400 to go, by my reckoning...

Jmaan33

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:30 pm    Post subject: :-) Reply with quote

Nice!

Captain Nemo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:25 pm    Post subject: Clip Notes Course Reviews Reply with quote

ousgg wrote:
I'm back on track, Lez. Sorta.

I'm up to L in the big Clip-Notes transfer. Only about 400 to go, by my reckoning...

At the rate the designers have been producing new courses lately, you'll only be 400 behind when you finish. Yes Smile
P.S. ... you reviews are invaluable, thanks for doing this! Clap

How many Microsoft Programmers does it take to replace a light bulb? Just one.
However, you will be installing updates for all eternity!
bills217

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:16 am    Post subject: Clip Notes Course Reviews Reply with quote

What letter are we on now?? Clap

ousgg
Links Corner Staff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:56 pm    Post subject: Clip Notes Course Reviews Reply with quote

The uploads are completed. We're just awaiting Andy to tweak the database so you can all see them.

bills217

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:03 pm    Post subject: Clip Notes Course Reviews Reply with quote

That's the best news I've heard all week! Clap Drool

Buddy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:05 pm    Post subject: clip note reviews Reply with quote

Are there new clip notes since Jan 2013? I see Ousgg posted Mar 25 2015 that uploads were completed. Thank you for any info.

Buddy

View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Course Corner All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

New to Links? Buy Links 2003 download version here and support this site.