Please support Links Corner    

Golf is a game in which you yell 'fore', shoot six and write down five. - Paul Harvey
Blue Rain Valley HD View older topic :: View newer topic  

How do you rate Blue Rain Valley HD ?
Ace
22%
 22%  [ 4 ]
Eagle
66%
 66%  [ 12 ]
Birdie
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Par
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Bogey - Must be accompanied by an explanatory post!
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 18

Jerry Garlisch
Course Manager

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:20 am    Post subject: Blue Rain Valley HD Reply with quote

http://linkscorner.org/courses/course.php?crz=2115

What do you think of
Blue Rain Valley HD by Rand Herron, update by Lez Marwick ?

Please vote in the poll.

After you vote, please leave a few comments or some feedback for the designer about his course and why you voted the way you did.

Thanks

ousgg
Links Corner Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Blue Rain Valley HD Reply with quote

Cracking work from Lez, picking up a course that looked hideous before, and seeing some of the great golf underneath.

It's all still a bit fantastical and cartoony, and I didn't enjoy the endless run of upturned greens, but it's an Eagle anyway.

~~If you're afraid that your full shot might reach the green while the foursome ahead of you is still putting, you have two options: you may immediately shank a lay-up, or you can wait until the green is clear and then top a ball halfway there.~~
firesome

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: Positive Masterpiece, if you're me Reply with quote

Lez, I wanted to thank you for the work you've done on my course. I appreciated seeing this and just happened upon it in a Google search. I was not aware that anyone was still playing the game and quite possibly I ended up here too late.
I designed the textures for blue rain myself, and I did use a very deep rich blue contrasted color scheme to try and achieve a very plush look. Also the hole overlays and pre-play descriptions took some time. Apparently the textures were not well received. I thought the dark plush look was pretty cool. I do however like your textures as well.
This was my first design and a long learning process. It took quite a lot of time to do and I tried to make it challenging but not extremely difficult.
It was designed with Pinehurst 2 and 8 in mind. You may also see shades of Bayhill.
I tried to design a popular course and apparently fell a little short. However, I did receive a lot of compliments at the time of its release.
I am now playing on a Mac, so the first thing I did when I saw my course was there to download and get the game going. I played the course and took a walk down memory lane. It was a bit surreal and many memories are contained within.
I actually wanted to redesign the course but never had the time. If I knew more players were still playing the game, I would have probably started to make a new course. I am retired now, and mostly paint digitally. But that artistic background probably would help me in future designs.
It is a shame that there is not a current game and course designer much like this one. In this day and age with this technology you would think there would be some really incredible golf games, especially for PC. And especially for designers out there to come up with all kinds of cool and interesting courses to play. I honestly do not understand why there is not a golf game like this available today.
But thank you Lez, for the redesign of my textures and cleaning up some of the unpolished elements. It was a labor of love for me and I appreciate it very much.
Thanks to all who downloaded and played my course whether you liked it or not. Good luck on the links.
Sincerely, Rand Herron

View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Course Polls & User Reviews All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Golfer: Well, I have never played this badly before! Caddy: I didn't realize you had played before, sir.