Please support Links Corner    

I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them. - Harry Tofcano
Crooked Creek HD View older topic :: View newer topic  

How do you rate Crooked Creek HD?
Ace
75%
 75%  [ 33 ]
Eagle
15%
 15%  [ 7 ]
Birdie
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Par
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Bogey - Must be accompanied by an explanatory post!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 44

Andy
Links Corner Admin
Links Corner Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Crooked Creek HD Reply with quote

http://linkscorner.org/courses/course.php?crz=2066

What do you think of
Crooked Creek HD by Wayne Hewitt ?

Please vote in the poll.

After you vote, please leave a few comments or some feedback for the designer about his course and why you voted the way you did.

Thanks

JBL626

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:31 am    Post subject: Crooked Creek HD Reply with quote

Staggering. Astonishing. Every screenshot is worthy of framing.

And even without the beauty and incredible detail, it would still be one helluva fun, and challenging, course.

Great golf and brilliant artistry in perfect balance. It doesn't get better than this, kids.

Not Worthy Not Worthy Not Worthy Not Worthy Not Worthy Not Worthy

Hello, ball!
Rackme32

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Crooked Creek HD Reply with quote

I went with Eagle for only one reason... The ball behaves quite strangely once it lands in a sand trap, rolling around in there almost as if it were on a green before stopping. Shots OUT of the trap work like usual, though.

Otherwise, it's a terrific track!.

drrobmiller

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Crooked Creek HD Reply with quote

thats custom properties set by the designer so the ball rolls that way in the trap.

I for one gave it QUITE THE ACE! Ive been waiting for a long time for this original ace course to be upgraded to hi def textures.

By the way,..LOVE THOSE TEXTURES! Whistle Clap

This is by far one of the most exciting, visual, and (has it all) fictional course made for links, hands down. Was revolutionary when it first came out. Remember those screenies? we never saw anything like it.

The planting, textures, 3d,...but best is the layout. Alot of thought went into the design of these holes. This is not easy stuff, guys.

Why do I only do real courses? because i dont have to think about the layouts for each hole.
takes a real talent

ACE all the way

Rob

Acrilix

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Crooked Creek HD Reply with quote

drrobmiller wrote:
thats custom properties set by the designer so the ball rolls that way in the trap.

Does that make it good, then? Erm

Mod 1.07 - Pro powerstroke - No top cam - No grid
APCD Designer - Margaret's Bay, Ackerton Cross, The Dustin Trophy Par 3 Challenge, Battley Peak, Anakena Beach, Mowsbury GC, Darwin Point, Elsham Woods,
Yarlswood Golf Club, Fairview GC, Upham Hall Golf Club, Masson Moor, Zeitsbergen
vulture20076

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Crooked Creek HD Reply with quote

Acrilix wrote:
drrobmiller wrote:

Personally, I love that detail. I actually cringe when I test my designs and the ball is stuck on the bunker lip or on the steep face of the bunker.

I echo others sentiments about the beauty of this course and I like both texture sets. Great planting, great randomness to the coloration and density of the grass plantings...it is exception no doubt about it.

Acrilix

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Crooked Creek HD Reply with quote

vulture20076 wrote:
Acrilix wrote:
drrobmiller wrote:

Personally, I love that detail.

Personally, I love that detail too..... when it's done realistically.

Mod 1.07 - Pro powerstroke - No top cam - No grid
APCD Designer - Margaret's Bay, Ackerton Cross, The Dustin Trophy Par 3 Challenge, Battley Peak, Anakena Beach, Mowsbury GC, Darwin Point, Elsham Woods,
Yarlswood Golf Club, Fairview GC, Upham Hall Golf Club, Masson Moor, Zeitsbergen
Wayne Hewitt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: Crooked Creek HD Reply with quote

Thanks for all the kind words guys.

As for the sand properties, yes they have been modified so that the ball settles at the bottom most flat part of the bunker. I did this to try and make them a little bit fairer seeing that they are very steep in places, and thought it was better that most were able to get out of them. I have no doubt that if I left them as normal, loads more people would have been jumping up and down saying how unfair they were. I would really prefer them to be "sticky" as I think you should not be in there in the first place, after all they are supposed to be penal. Read a few books on Alistair MacKenzie and I really do agree with him in that respect. But as this is a game after all, and trying to cater for the masses, they will roll to the bottom. Just be glad they do Naughty

Thanks
Wayne Hewitt
Hewis Golf Design
www.hewisgolfdesign.com

granite00

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Crooked Creek HD Reply with quote

I like the bunker properties because they resemble most real life bunkers. The ball, with gravity's help, typically settles toward the bottom on steeply faced bunkers.

Aloha,
granite00
View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Course Polls & User Reviews All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

An interesting thing about golf is that no matter how badly you play; it is always possible to get worse. - Anon