Please support Links Corner    

Want to play Links again but lost your CDs? Buy Links 2003 download version here and support this site.
Ackerton Cross G.C. by Lez Marwick View older topic :: View newer topic  

How do you rate Ackerton Cross G.C.?
Ace
32%
 32%  [ 22 ]
Eagle
45%
 45%  [ 31 ]
Birdie
19%
 19%  [ 13 ]
Par
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Bogey - Must be accompanied by an explanatory post!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 68

Andy
Links Corner Admin
Links Corner Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:41 am    Post subject: Ackerton Cross G.C. by Lez Marwick Reply with quote

http://linkscorner.org/courses/course.php?crz=1962

What do you think of Ackerton Cross G.C.?

Please vote in the poll.

After you vote, please leave a few comments or some feedback for the designer about his course and why you voted the way you did.

Thanks

Jerry Garlisch
Course Manager

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:05 pm    Post subject: Ackerton Cross G.C. by Lez Marwick Reply with quote

Eagle.

I helped Lez Beta test and would have voted an Ace except in setting it up for some match's I found some unquestionable Pins so I dropped it one vote level.

I usually do not test for those as my expertise is AI play so I never noticed them in my testing.

Sorry Lez. Sad

Jerry

God grant me the SERENITY to accept the shots I miss, the COURAGE to never give up and the WISDOM not to throw away my clubs in the water.

KISS Tours www.kisstours.com

Links Corner Course Manager
shez

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:37 pm    Post subject: Ackerton Cross G.C. by Lez Marwick Reply with quote

You've done it again Whiskers !!! Clap Clap Another ace for me. I sooo loved not going in the bunkers for a change. Laugh I think the greens are a good challenge and punishing if you get it wrong. Bring it on, love it.

I can talk the best game in the world, i just cant seem to play it.
Acrilix

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:42 pm    Post subject: Ackerton Cross G.C. by Lez Marwick Reply with quote

Jerry Garlisch wrote:
Eagle.

I helped Lez Beta test and would have voted an Ace except in setting it up for some match's I found some unquestionable Pins so I dropped it one vote level.

I usually do not test for those as my expertise is AI play so I never noticed them in my testing.

Sorry Lez. Sad

Jerry

Jerry, I tested all the pins at the speeds recommended, and whilst some are very challenging, I am happy with them all.
If I produce any future courses you will undoubtedly have to drop your vote with them too, because this is how I like them, and this is how they will be!! Laugh

Mod 1.07 - Pro powerstroke - No top cam - No grid
APCD Designer - Margaret's Bay, Ackerton Cross, The Dustin Trophy Par 3 Challenge, Battley Peak, Anakena Beach, Mowsbury GC, Darwin Point, Elsham Woods,
Yarlswood Golf Club, Fairview GC, Upham Hall Golf Club, Masson Moor, Zeitsbergen
thebigyin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:25 pm    Post subject: Ackerton Cross G.C. by Lez Marwick Reply with quote

Ace from this old duffer. Clap

Jerry Garlisch
Course Manager

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:56 am    Post subject: Ackerton Cross G.C. by Lez Marwick Reply with quote

Acrilix wrote:
Jerry Garlisch wrote:
Eagle.

Sorry Lez. Sad

Jerry

Jerry, I tested all the pins at the speeds recommended, and whilst some are very challenging, I am happy with them all.
If I produce any future courses you will undoubtedly have to drop your vote with them too, because this is how I like them, and this is how they will be!! Laugh

I have to agree with you Lez but a four round match needs more than two sets of conditions to use as most players do not appreciate the same conditions in a match.

I do agree that the conditions you recommend all work great. Clap

Jerry

God grant me the SERENITY to accept the shots I miss, the COURAGE to never give up and the WISDOM not to throw away my clubs in the water.

KISS Tours www.kisstours.com

Links Corner Course Manager
JWGriffinGCA

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:20 am    Post subject: Ackerton Cross G.C. by Lez Marwick Reply with quote

Pasting in my comments from the "Course Corner" thread:

Very entertaining and enjoyable course. Without the use of bunkers, it would have been very easy to overcompensate and "trick it up," but you resisted that temptation! The fairways are a challenge to hit without being excessively narrow, by encouraging a particular shot shape or asking the player to recognize where throttling back to a 3-wood is a better play. The water hazards, while plentiful, are generally more strategic than penal in nature. But I think the creative use of ground contours, especially on & around the greens, really struck a perfect balance - rewarding a skilled shot and penalizing a poorly planned or executed shot - without having sharp, goofy slopes. The contours and elevations are completely believeable.

And to top it all off, the crisp textures, sounds, objects, and pano all combine to completely sell the concept.

This is a wonderful course to spend some time in a relaxing and thoughtful round.

John

When it comes to havoc, nobody wreaks like me! -Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz
Paul44

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:27 pm    Post subject: Ackerton Cross G.C. by Lez Marwick Reply with quote

I enjoyed this great course,

Paul44

The hardest shot in Golf, is the next one.
jasonanne

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:27 pm    Post subject: Ackerton Cross G.C. by Lez Marwick Reply with quote

Lez,

Another good course that will stay in most HD's. I like playing it as there are a great variety of shoot choices on offer!

Cheers Jason Thumb Up

Cheer Jason

Real golfers don't cry when they line up their fourth putt. - Anon

http://crzbuilders.blogspot.com/
http://apcdkauri.blogspot.com/
gator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:39 am    Post subject: Ackerton Cross G.C. by Lez Marwick Reply with quote

Thanks for another wonderful course. I don't know how you can crank these out as fast as you did - Margaret's Bay followed by Acherton's Cross. I enjoyed the story about the cross.

Colin Rommel

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:56 am    Post subject: Ackerton Cross G.C. by Lez Marwick Reply with quote

Thanks very much Lez, this is a very nice course indeed which I thoroughly enjoy playing. Firm eagle from me.

Lady Nancy Astor: "Winston, if you were my husband, I'd poison your tea."
Churchill: "Nancy, if you were my wife, I'd drink it."
Stephen W

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:08 am    Post subject: Ackerton Cross G.C. by Lez Marwick Reply with quote

Yet another afternoon's pleasure playing this course - thanks.

dazedcat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:25 pm    Post subject: Ackerton Cross G.C. by Lez Marwick Reply with quote

I voted a very solid eagle. The course is pleasing to the eye, plays very fairly and I especially liked the greens. Playing on m/f with mod speeds was a joy.

Oh and I loved the story behind it all too.

Regards;

"Yo, bartender, Jobu needs a refill." -- Eddie Harris
Bevan01

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:55 pm    Post subject: Ackerton Cross G.C. by Lez Marwick Reply with quote

Excellent course with realistic Engilsh feel. In my opinion Acrillix joins the list of top notch designers with only his second release.
Steve

ww2marine

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:16 pm    Post subject: Ackerton Cross G.C. by Lez Marwick Reply with quote

I voted an ace. I think this is a great course, at least it suits my eye. If you think your way around a low score or a score under par is possible. I can't fimd anything wrong with it and will be playing this course often. Thanks for a well done course.

Bob,

Ride, ride the carousel
Reach for the golden ring
Never to end but to begin again
Life is a circular thing
frank15207

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:06 pm    Post subject: Ace Reply with quote

Truly enjoyable. Realistic and very playable.

Gtown75

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject: Ackerton Cross G.C. by Lez Marwick Reply with quote

A very relaxing round. Thoroughly enjoyable. Understated excellence.

View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Course Polls & User Reviews All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

I'll always remember the day I broke ninety. I had a few beers in the clubhouse and was so excited I forgot to play the back nine. -Bruce Lansky