Please support Links Corner    

It's not a good idea to pick up lost golfballs while they're still rolling. ~ Mark Twain

Lyme Regis Golf Club by John Brooks View older topic :: View newer topic  

How do you rate Lyme Regis Golf Club?
Ace
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Eagle
38%
 38%  [ 7 ]
Birdie
38%
 38%  [ 7 ]
Par
16%
 16%  [ 3 ]
Bogey - Must be accompanied by an explanatory post!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 18

Andy
Links Corner Admin
Links Corner Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:29 pm    Post subject: Lyme Regis Golf Club by John Brooks Reply with quote

http://linkscorner.org/courses/course.php?crz=1931

What do you think of Lyme Regis Golf Club by John Brooks??

Please vote in the poll.

After you vote, please leave a few comments or some feedback for the designer about his course and why you voted the way you did.

Thanks

Acrilix

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:47 pm    Post subject: Lyme Regis Golf Club by John Brooks Reply with quote

I found this course quite enjoyable, and it didn't look bad either at first glance. Unfortunately, as I went around, more and more little things started to detract from my immersion. Some missed or shadowed seam blends, lies with two names that I had no idea how to treat, a pano that was at times quite good, and at others rather awful, a blurry 2K1 fairway texture, and the usual pin positions from John that seem to be placed halfway up, or balanced on the edge of the worst slope that could be found, on almost every green. There were others too, and in the end I only voted this a Birdie (borderline Eagle), which is a shame, because with a few days work to sort these issues out it could have been a very high Eagle from me.
This is still a course I shall be keeping for now though, as I did enjoy the round, and I may be able to overlook the faults given time. It's very definitely worth a download if you are not bothered by a few imperfections. (I can be too easily irritated sometimes, especially when the guy in the flat below starts playing his Santana LP!!!! Wall Bash)

Mod 1.07 - Pro powerstroke - No top cam - No grid
APCD Designer - Margaret's Bay, Ackerton Cross, The Dustin Trophy Par 3 Challenge, Battley Peak, Anakena Beach, Mowsbury GC, Darwin Point, Elsham Woods,
Yarlswood Golf Club, Fairview GC, Upham Hall Golf Club, Masson Moor, Zeitsbergen
View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Course Polls & User Reviews All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Golfer: Well, I have never played this badly before! Caddy: I didn't realize you had played before, sir.