Please support Links Corner    

Make your views count - make sure you vote in the Player's Choice polls.

Stoneham by John Brooks View older topic :: View newer topic  

How do you rate Stoneham by John Brooks?
Ace
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
Eagle
50%
 50%  [ 12 ]
Birdie
29%
 29%  [ 7 ]
Par
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Bogey - Must be accompanied by an explanatory post!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 24

Andy
Links Corner Admin
Links Corner Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: Stoneham by John Brooks Reply with quote

http://linkscorner.org/courses/course.php?crz=1909

What do you think of Stoneham by John Brooks??

Please vote in the poll.

After you vote, please leave a few comments or some feedback for the designer about his course and why you voted the way you did.

Thanks

Screenshots
Coming soon

Mailman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:00 pm    Post subject: Stoneham by John Brooks Reply with quote

I played it today as part of Vainte's world tour and I was really impressed by the course. Interesting and definitely 'English' - full of quirkiness, short driveable par 4's, lots of elevation changes and a few shots aimed over the marker pole. To me, it took me back to a few courses I have played in Autumn - Easingwold and Fulford. Seldom have I seen a course that looks like it it is set in September/October. Very much the look of Sunningdale, Walton Heath etc. I enjoyed it so much I will be playing it again just because I want to. Not often a course has that effect on me but this one has hence the ace rating. I looked over some of the reviews but could not find anything wrong on my screen with the textures or how the course played. Thumb Up

A sheer delight and a welcome surprise - also one that will appeal to all those that like an 'old-fashioned' sort of course. Had it not been for Vainte this course would have been missed below the radar.

I really am a Mailman IRL - http://www.boyntonbeach.com/history/mailman/
Andy Scott
stillgolfing

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject: Stoneham by John Brooks Reply with quote

Liked the final rendition of this course. Impressed with the look and layout. A real treat. I especially liked the 3D photo look of the hole previews. Typically I don't pay any attention to these at all, but here I found myself studying them for their amazing detail. I was, however, disappointed by the clubhouse rendering. Is it really just a plain grey rectangular structure with black windows? Knocked this down from ace to eagle, because of that. Definitely a keeper, though.
Cheers, stillgolfing

One phrase you don't want to yell out in public is "I've got diahrea!". Unless, of course, you are playing Scrabble. In which case it's O.K., 'cause you're gonna get a sh*t load of points! - Zach Galifianakis
brooks2345

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:17 am    Post subject: Stoneham Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind comments. You're dead right about the clubhouse - but then I HATE 3D buildings - they take ages and I like to spend my time working on the course so people can play it!

Cheers Thumb Up

John Brooks

Courses on the drawing board in various stages of preparation:-

South Winchester
Royal Winchester
Hayling Island
Bramshaw Manor Course 2010-12
Royal St Georges Sandwich

Jerry Garlisch
Course Manager

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Stoneham Reply with quote

brooks2345 wrote:
Thanks for the kind comments. You're dead right about the clubhouse - but then I HATE 3D buildings - they take ages and I like to spend my time working on the course so people can play it!

Cheers Thumb Up

John Brooks

Courses on the drawing board in various stages of preparation:-

South Winchester
Royal Winchester
Hayling Island
Bramshaw Manor Course 2010-12
Royal St Georges Sandwich

I voted ACE but then I may be a bit prejudiced as I helped beta test it. Whistle

Looking forward to the list you made John. Holler anytime I can help.

Jerry

God grant me the SERENITY to accept the shots I miss, the COURAGE to never give up and the WISDOM not to throw away my clubs in the water.

KISS Tours www.kisstours.com

Links Corner Course Manager
dazedcat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:10 pm    Post subject: Stoneham by John Brooks Reply with quote

I voted Eagle, a very very very solid Eagle. I enjoyed the course length a lot (taking chances is a ton of fun) and the look and overall feel of the course. Like all of the really great designs, it gives you a sense of being there.

Very nice, thanks much.

Regards;

"Yo, bartender, Jobu needs a refill." -- Eddie Harris
View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Course Polls & User Reviews All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

These damn Axis weapons don't work! - Sgt Sneaky Bastage AKA Axe R.I.P.