3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Birdie
57%
 57%  [ 15 ]
Par
30%
 30%  [ 8 ]
Bogey - Must be accompanied by an explanatory post!
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 26

cougar24

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: Dibden Golf Course by John Brooks Reply with quote

http://linkscorner.org/courses/course.php?crz=1816

This poll now also covers the hi-res textures version of this course.

http://linkscorner.org/courses/course.php?crz=1929

What do you think of Dibden Golf Course??

Quote:
Dibden Golf Course, a public course opened in 1973, lies in the New Forest, overlooking Southampton Water, Hampshire, England. This is my local course, and has matured very well over the years and is a true test of course strategy and management. As well as the 18-hole layout, Dibden also has an interesting a 9-hole course and floodlit driving range. The views over Southampton and the Hampshire countryside are captivating, and even more interesting when world-famous cruise ships and liners such as Queen Mary and QE2 pass by.

Special thanks are due to John Slade, PGA Professional at Dibden for his help, and to Daniel Watson for his help and forbearance in preparing the panorama with minimal information.

Final version updated for (a) elimination of some repetitive planting (b) easier tree pass-throughs, and (c) seam blend problems associated with wrongly using updated mid- and far- versions of some terrains introduced in 2003

John Brooks

(Screen shots by Digger)

Last edited by cougar24 on Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:45 am; edited 1 time in total

ousgg
Links Corner Staff

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:53 am    Post subject: Dibden Golf Course by John Brooks Reply with quote

Dibden is an entertaining little track, much in the same mould as the Bramshaw courses, and certainly no challenge for the full-hitting Links golfer.

As far as the visuals goes, it's reasonably clean-cut, although more underplanting would have helped, because the trees just look at some points as if they've been spray-painted onto the landscape. Unfortunately, Dibden also features the cloned planting that has tormented some of John's designs.

There are also a few mesh errors, especially around the greens, and I found relatively short and easy chips getting ensnared in an unseen elevation more than once. The textures are OK close up, but they tend to blur badly at distance.

I don't mind playing a course with some minor visual faults, but any design errors that impact on my game have to result in a deduction. I gave Dibden a Par.

B

~~If you're afraid that your full shot might reach the green while the foursome ahead of you is still putting, you have two options: you may immediately shank a lay-up, or you can wait until the green is clear and then top a ball halfway there.~~
Links Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:38 am    Post subject: Dibden Golf Course by John Brooks Reply with quote

Another good birdie, John. Thanks for sharing Dibden with us. Thumb Up

~ Give the world the best you have and the best will come back to you. ~
View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Course Polls & User Reviews All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

New to Links? Buy Links 2003 download version here and support this site.