Please support Links Corner    

These greens are so fast I have to hold my putter over the ball and hit it with the shadow. - Sam Snead
Rosewood Golf Club v2 by Jamey Hribal (12/2005) View older topic :: View newer topic  

How do you rate Rosewood Golf Club v2??
Ace
23%
 23%  [ 15 ]
Eagle
52%
 52%  [ 33 ]
Birdie
20%
 20%  [ 13 ]
Par
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Bogey - Must be accompanied by an explanatory post!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 63

cougar24

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject: Rosewood Golf Club v2 by Jamey Hribal (12/2005) Reply with quote

http://linkscorner.org/courses/course.php?crz=1637

What do you think of Rosewood Golf Club v2??

Unsure

Please vote in the poll.

After you vote, please leave a few comments or some feedback for the designer
about his course and why you voted the way you did.

Thanks

Thumb Up

From the readme:

Rules
Quote:
Readme File for
Rosewood Golf Club
Designed with the APCD 1.5
December 3, 2005
By
Jamey Hribal

Rosewood is a fictional woodland course set amongst the rolling hills and tall pines of East Texas. Although this is a fictional course several of the holes were inspired by holes Iíve played through the years at local courses. The fairways are very generous and the greens fair. Rosewood will provide you with many birdie opportunities and should play well with the new mod.

This is my third release with the first being a totally forgettable Pacifica Point. I regret releasing that course before learning many (read as any) of the advanced features that the APCD 1.5 is capable of. My second release was a visually improved course named The Retreat at Quail Valley. Unfortunately, I didnít have this one beta tested and there are a few technical issues that could affect game play. This is mainly limited to a few seamblends showing the wrong lie icon and terrain properties. This leads us to Rosewood. I would like to give a huge thanks to the testers that gave up their valuable time to look this course over and offer suggestions based on years of experience. Viv was great to work with. Observations came back accompanied by a photo showing the problemÖ..very professional. Viv also sent me a great texture packet and pano. The pano is from Wayne Hewittís Tall Pines Estates and Iíd like to thank Wayne for the use of it. Also, Jerry Garlisch was good enough to provide the hole handicapping. Christopher and Dylan were awesome as well. Thanks again guys for giving generously of your time.

Technical
Par 71
Back tees 7056 yards
Middle/Forward tees 6665 yards
Junior/Ladies tees 6127 yards
2397038 2D objects
34 textures
1136 mappings
CRZ File Size 108mb

(Hole descriptions included here)

Conclusion
This course plays fairly easy with itís generous fairways and greens. Very low scores are possible and with windy conditions a couple of the Par 4ís can be reached from the tees. A little practice will show you which ones and the correct path to take to get there. I hope you enjoy your rounds at Rosewood. I wanted to design a course that had a fairly manicured look but still resembled courses that I play in the East Texas area. Happy hacking!!

Jamey Hribal

Screenshots

Last edited by cougar24 on Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:38 am; edited 3 times in total

The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age. - Lucille ball

Links Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Rosewood Golf Club v2 by Jamey Hribal (12/2005) Reply with quote

Thanks Jamey for sharing your course with us. I think it's a solid Eagle, and a very enjoyable track.

~ Give the world the best you have and the best will come back to you. ~
jdmatcc

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: rosewood Reply with quote

very nice layout thank you for a fun courseI gace it a Eagle!!!!

John

Stephen Sullivan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject: Rosewood Golf Club v2 by Jamey Hribal (12/2005) Reply with quote

Very enjoyable course to play, especially for us Powerstrokers Whistle

Gave it an eagle Clap

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." Sir Terry Pratchett
Curt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Rosewood Golf Club v2 by Jamey Hribal (12/2005) Reply with quote

Ace. I liked everything about this course. Great design with challenging narrow fairways and small greens. Incredible planting that really brings the course to life. Great use of colour. Superb choice of textures in every department. And to my rather untrained eye the APCD work seems to be up there with the best. And not forgetting, mod-friendly greens.

Many thanks for sharing, Jamey. Thumb Up

My designs:
Edgbaston Golf Club - released August 2006
Wentworth West OWGC08 - released October 2008
doubledeuce22la

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:20 am    Post subject: Rosewood Golf Club v2 by Jamey Hribal (12/2005) Reply with quote

I gave it a very high eagle. this course shows what someone with APCD talents and good beta testing can do for a course. I'm usually not one to look for cloned trees and such, but i did notoce something about these trees. They looked outstanding. Good greens and bunker work. It just played a little to easy for me to ace it, but thats not a knock on the course at all. Overall a very fine design and thanks for sharing it with us.

vivo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:57 am    Post subject: Rosewood Golf Club v2 by Jamey Hribal (12/2005) Reply with quote

i voted high eagle to get an ace out of me is real hard
course plays well renders a bit slow but thats with everything turned on
i did the final beta test on this course and decloneing was a major issue early, but jameys done a great job i dont know why theres no pics in this poll cougar can you post one of that par 3 with all the sand leading up to it
if not i will
i would recommend this course even if the file size is a bit big
viv

APCD a program causing divorce
Kiddman32

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:15 am    Post subject: Rosewood Golf Club v2 by Jamey Hribal (12/2005) Reply with quote

Beautiful, interesting, varied, natural-looking... Even though it's a bit on the easy side, I give it an...

Ace!

dks

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Rosewood Golf Club v2 by Jamey Hribal (12/2005) Reply with quote

I voted eagle also. Very nice design, well crafted. A bit too wide open and not as dramatic as some other courses, but a very, very good course. Thanks for sharing.

guitarget

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:41 am    Post subject: Rosewood Golf Club v2 by Jamey Hribal (12/2005) Reply with quote

Great layout; very pretty views. Enjoyed my round - a hard drive keeper. Thumb Up

larry-warrilow

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:18 am    Post subject: Rosewood Golf Club v2 by Jamey Hribal (12/2005) Reply with quote

commenting from a champ level point of view, east texas must be a nirvana for golf courses if jamey hribal's setting for rosewood is typical real-estate of the region. most vistas from the tees are drop dead gorgeous. the well wooded gently rolling terrain yields one beautiful hole after another.

#1 414yd par4 dogleg left, has no fairway traps, and a second shot to a green framed by back bunkers and trees that comes right out of the ideal artistic impression section of the golf course architect's handbook. #2 159yd par3, has a large green, again framed by trees and a pretty much out of play pond. for the purists who play without the overhead window, there is a large front trap that is not visible from the back tee.

#6 431yd par4, is a slight dogleg right in which the woods squeeze in toward the green, but not unfairly. #7 197yd par3, has a meandering trap that extends from the tee all the way to the green and the shot is played into the wind down a chute through the trees. #9 552yd par5, has a fairway squeezed by traps for driver, but even into the wind this green is probably reachable.

#10 170yd par3, the bulkheaded green juts out into a pond, not quite an island, but 80% surrounded by water. the green is ample for the downwind club required. #13, a reachable 512yd par5, has two large squeezing greenside bunkers and some tree canopy constriction too. #15 419 par4, a slight dogleg right has a weed choked muddy creek fronting the green. i won't spoil your fun by describing the consequences of getting too greedy with a front pin and going into this hazard.
#18 472yd par4 is a worthy finishing hole, and plays downwind to a well bunkered green.

this track would play very fairly at champ/windy, my own benchmark for overall champ play. my own scores have covered a gamut, especially putts, but i've been hitting a lot of fairways and greens.

rosewood occupies a beautiful piece of property and is beautifully rendered. the greens are generous and gently contoured as are the fairways. this course could exist in the real world in a heartbeat, and i wouldn't mind being a member here. this is straight ahead no gimmicks classic architecture in a very pleasing setting. it's a large file but well worth it. rosewood may not be a ballbuster, but i like playing recreational rounds at covered bridge (no death dealer) too, so i'll be showing up here to unwind on a regular basis. lw

binkyt

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:24 am    Post subject: Rosewood Golf Club v2 by Jamey Hribal (12/2005) Reply with quote

Very high eagle. Technically excellent, a lot of fun to play. Only things that keep it from ace status are (a) I couldn't see why the file size is so huge, and (b) none of the holes really stand out, or rather, really make the course stand out.

But this is all-in-all a wonderful course.

Mediquik

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Rosewood Golf Club v2 by Jamey Hribal (12/2005) Reply with quote

I'd just like to thank everyone for taking time to vote as well as post feedback. In retrospect, I kinda wish I would have made it to play a little tougher in Links, but IRL it would no pushover.
I'm in the middle of what will probably be my last course, at least for a while, called Pine Dunes. Staying true to what I like, it is a pine/woodland style course with it's fair share of desert style waste areas. It's shaping up to be my best and hardest course yet. I'll be posting a few screenies in the preview section within the next several weeks. Thanks again for everyone's votes and kind words.

Cheers,
Jamey Yes

Chad

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Rosewood Golf Club v2 by Jamey Hribal (12/2005) Reply with quote

yeah, this is a nice track. definitely worth the download Thumb Up

Definition of Boring: Radio Golf
Digger
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:52 am    Post subject: Rosewood Golf Club v2 by Jamey Hribal (12/2005) Reply with quote

Pics added

What's your story? It's a wonderful thing

Axe

Hackmaster

http://www.ashlandcountycancer.org
Acrilix

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:06 am    Post subject: Rosewood Golf Club v2 by Jamey Hribal (12/2005) Reply with quote

This is a really nice course, with excellent planting and textures, and some equally excellent sound to complete the experience. My only gripe is with the difficulty level. It just seems a little too easy playing elite RTS to hit the fairways and greens, only to find the putting is equally as easy. A few mounds and hollows added to the fairways, and some tougher slopes and tiers on a few of the greens would have made this a classic.
It's still damned good, but just falls short of an Ace, for me, because of this.
A lovely course though, and perfect if you need to chill out! I voted Eagle.

Mod 1.07 - Pro powerstroke - No top cam - No grid
APCD Designer - Margaret's Bay, Ackerton Cross, The Dustin Trophy Par 3 Challenge, Battley Peak, Anakena Beach, Mowsbury GC, Darwin Point, Elsham Woods,
Yarlswood Golf Club, Fairview GC, Upham Hall Golf Club, Masson Moor, Zeitsbergen
View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Course Polls & User Reviews All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

I was three over. One over a house, one over a patio, and one over a swimming pool. - George Brett