Please support Links Corner    

I will shoot my age if I have to live to be 105. - Bob Hope
Augusta National 2005 by AJ, WH, MJ, and AB* (12/2004)Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next View older topic :: View newer topic  

How do you rate Augusta National 2005??
Ace
85%
 85%  [ 244 ]
Eagle
9%
 9%  [ 27 ]
Birdie
3%
 3%  [ 9 ]
Par
0%
 0%  [ 2 ]
Bogey - Must be accompanied by an explanatory post!
1%
 1%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 287

cougar24

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:23 am    Post subject: Augusta National 2005 by AJ, WH, MJ, and AB* (12/2004) Reply with quote

*Augusta National 2005 by Andrew Jones, Wayne Hewitt, Mike Jones, and Anders Bessermann

http://linkscorner.org/courses/course.php?crz=1519

What do you think of Augusta National 2005??

Unsure

Please vote in the poll.

After you vote, please leave a few comments or some feedback for the designer
about his course and why you voted the way you did.

Thanks

Thumb Up

From the readme:

Rules

Quote:
Augusta National 2005

An APCD Design for Links 2003 by Andrew Jones, Anders Besserman, Mike Jones and Wayne Hewitt.

First off special thanks must go to my co designers.

To Anders, who did such a fabulous job on all the intricate 3D work you see around the course from the clubhouse area to the TV towers and scoreboards.

To Wayne, who worked so hard on much of the detailed planting and a lot of other stuff around the course.

To MJ, who made sure we kept the course up to the standard of his work, did much of the texture work and matched a lot of the detailed elevation work to the pictures we had.

Next I must say thank you to DLunatic for his excellent work on the pano that he custom built for the course.

Next a big thankyou to Rehit, tdave (Thomas Davidson), Lindsay Addie and Renegade who worked so hard to create four major add ons to the course, the screensaver xpack, the course guide, the green slope analyser diagrams and the caddie book respectively. These guys put a lot of hard work into this during testing and we are all very grateful

Next I must say a big thanks to all of the beta testers who worked so hard to get the course as error free as possible. It is sometimes a laborious job but critical if all those rogue texture property assignments are to be caught along with any floating 2D objects.

Chris Gormley..........ChrisGormley
Curt Simms.............curt
David Shoup............desstk
Jerry Garlisch.........fixamer1st
Adrian Maarschalk......highfade
Kelly Beckham..........kmancpbh
Lindsay Addie..........Lindsay
Pete Butcher...........PeteButcher
Mick Prendergast.......Rehit
James Brock............Rocket
Ross Mackenzie.........rospen
Tom Davidson...........tdave
Randal Queen...........renegade
Dexter Gresh...........grooch
William Kline..........WilliamK
Mike Nicely............PecosBill
Savery.................Steve Avery
Rich Jackson...........Bro1ncos
Chuck Clark............Chuck147
Daniel Sherr...........Corky
Rick Priebe............Fourputt
John Esser.............JDE
Bruce Darby............Winston
Martin von der Hoeden..clint

Thanks guys....

I hope you all have fun with the course...Andrew

Last edited by cougar24 on Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:10 pm; edited 4 times in total

The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age. - Lucille ball

CobraPro

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:52 am    Post subject: Augusta National 2005 by AJ, WH, MJ, and AB* (12/2004) Reply with quote

incredible rendetion...i honestly dont have enough adjectives to describe how great this course is. Well worth the wait. All the people involved can stand proud at the creation they have made for all of us. This is by far....the best course ever made for Links thus far. Thank you from the bottom of my golf bag. !!

Robie - Champ RTS , no grid.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Albie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:38 am    Post subject: Augusta National 2005 by AJ, WH, MJ, and AB* (12/2004) Reply with quote

This is another course that doesn't need a poll.

I voted ACE. What else could it be?

But I'm sure the "bogey man" will show, to put in his .02 cents worth.

Last edited by Albie on Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:02 am; edited 1 time in total

Too Soon Old, Too Late Smart !

Life is a Series of Choices, Decisions and Consequences !

Deciding not to choose, is still making a choice !

Failing to Plan, is a Plan to Fail !

Those That Judge, Don't Matter. Those That Matter, Don't Judge !
Fourputt

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:06 am    Post subject: Augusta National 2005 by AJ, WH, MJ, and AB* (12/2004) Reply with quote

Duh!!!! Thumb Up Dunno

Rick - Champ RTS (No grid) Mod only
Nate Dogg

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:54 am    Post subject: Augusta National 2005 by AJ, WH, MJ, and AB* (12/2004) Reply with quote

Albie wrote:
This is another course that doesn't need a poll.

I voted ACE. What else could it be?

But I'm sure the "bogie man" will show, to put in his .02 cents worth.

Sssssh...don't be giving him any ideas. Secret

I agree with your post though, why even post a poll. Laugh The course is nothing short of amazing. Ace plus. Clap

Champ Classic, No Grid, Close-up, Top Cam Only

It takes a lot of balls to golf like I do!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Scientist

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:13 am    Post subject: Augusta National 2005 by AJ, WH, MJ, and AB* (12/2004) Reply with quote

I haven't voted coz this deserves more than an ACE simple as that. Yes

Time to raise the bar with possibly 59 seeing as that is the benchmark in golf.
(Altho it should really be 58 according to Maruyama)

I'd rather have a full bottle infront of me than a full frontal labotomy.......
DavidHolmes

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:11 pm    Post subject: Augusta National 2005 by AJ, WH, MJ, and AB* (12/2004) Reply with quote

Well what else but an ace from me Not Worthy

k-mancpbh

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:37 pm    Post subject: Augusta National 2005 by AJ, WH, MJ, and AB* (12/2004) Reply with quote

Ace is it. It's ga-ga good. Yes Thumb Up

GO TERPS
dazedcat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:20 pm    Post subject: Augusta National 2005 by AJ, WH, MJ, and AB* (12/2004) Reply with quote

The bogey guy always votes this way. But what frightens me is somebody else actually voted birdie.....................BIRDIE.

Oh yeah, ace here...........

Regards;

"Yo, bartender, Jobu needs a refill." -- Eddie Harris
IanD
LC Past President

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:04 pm    Post subject: Augusta National 2005 by AJ, WH, MJ, and AB* (12/2004) Reply with quote

It is a vote wasted personally.... one day we'll be able to track the IP of the voting though and I'll be able to identify the user. Not that I could divulge that information though... that would be wrong wouldn't it...

Anyway, took time out to play this beauty and was immensley impressed. Without a doubt, I wasn't sure what to expect... we all know the course, but I had little idea on how it would play. After the round, I found I was the sucker who couldn't play... I finished with an even 72 but fought hard on many areas on those greens. With the new Mod those greens are superb, and the surrounding texture to those greens make it so real when the ball continues off with such speed. To play it is something, but to see some of those areas where those guys have taken alot of time to get just right... I'm very impressed and want to thank them for their efforts. It doesn't seem enough simply thanking them, but it is the least I can do. The views on various holes, especially the 13th and 15th for me around the greens are undescribeable. Everything looks so real. The water too, looks as if it's seen so many golf balls, it's almost inviting.. everything is stunning. The shadows around many of the greens and fairways makes for great recollections of some of the pro's shots we've all seen in the past on TV. You can almost feel there yourself...

Ok...I've gone on enough... a big Ace from me, and sometimes it does feel as if there should be another notch of voting - this course would def make it there.

Thanks guys for allowing the pleasure...

Fourputt

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:21 pm    Post subject: Augusta National 2005 by AJ, WH, MJ, and AB* (12/2004) Reply with quote

All I can add to my Ace vote is to say that I have played this course more times than any other since we started being able to download user designed courses with 2k1, and I still look forward to every round. I have 9 versions of the beta, as well as the final, and I would be willing to wager that I have played well over 100 rounds on them in the last 6 months. There's not one other course of the 230 odd on my HDD that even comes close (and some have been there for 2 years), either in rounds played, or in eager anticipation of the next round.

This is the Hope Diamond sitting in a pile of rubies. Rubies are nice, but..... Dunno Punk

crzycnuk

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:01 am    Post subject: Augusta National 2005 by AJ, WH, MJ, and AB* (12/2004) Reply with quote

Excellent,Excellent,Excellent,Excellent,Excellent...oh And it's incredible too.

"If at first you don't succeed...cheat."
JW
Official LC Staff

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:00 am    Post subject: Augusta National 2005 by AJ, WH, MJ, and AB* (12/2004) Reply with quote

IanD wrote:
It is a vote wasted personally.... one day we'll be able to track the IP of the voting though and I'll be able to identify the user. Not that I could divulge that information though... that would be wrong wouldn't it...

I actually do not think it would be wrong, Ian. Bring it on. Let's see who it is. As someone points out above, the Bogey Man is a std. joke that any good course gets these days and it is kinda funny, albeit stupid. Birdies seem to be the latest way to take what is an absolute masterpiece and semi-trash it.

You know, you can give Rugged Dune an eagle if you really need trees on your courses and just do not like the perfectly scrubby bunkers never before seen in apcd or the superb layout.

And I guess you could give TPE an eagle if you really hate] trees and do not like top 5 green complex work. . . .

. . . . but give me a freakin' break with a birdie for Augusta.

Fine maybe 1-2 people don't like the layout but if you are one of those people, I would argue that you should bone up on your knowledge of golf course architecture -- know apparently do not see the brilliance in the layout that everyone else does. Fine, it's a subjective thing but c'mon . . . Augusta is every single thing a great course is supposed to be.

The apcd work in this is as good as any of the best courses out there. Minimal errors, amazingly well-done textures that are as close to the real thing I've seen on a real course for Links, and nice 3D work all over the place.

The accuracy of the elevation and other specs, though, is what is what really sets this .crz apart. It's so accurate. Blows away prior versions and should be loudly applauded.

So, even if you hate trees, hate the layout and hate real courses, an eagle is still a stretch but an acceptable one I suppose if you just simply have no fun whatsoever playing it. Anything below an eagle is simply weird and makes whoever you are appear either ignorant and naive or agenda-toting and hateful.

Rant complete.

ACE.

Crabcakes and football!! That's what Maryland does!!
arnydgreat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:06 am    Post subject: Augusta National 2005 by AJ, WH, MJ, and AB* (12/2004) Reply with quote

JW wrote:
[ Birdies seem to be the latest way to take what is an absolute masterpiece and semi-trash it.

Sometimes its not to semi-trash a course, sometimes its mistakenly done. I am an example of this. I gave Quidnet a birdie because although it is a magnificent course, it is not the type of course i enjoy as a basic design, and i find it hard to give an eagle or ace to this type of course, however, upon looking at the course again, it really deserved a higher rating than the birdie i gave it, so i apologize and will be more carefull in the future, but i assure you it was not done to semi-trash this great course! Unsure

ITS GREAT TO HAVE FRIENDS ALL OVER THE WORLD THRU THIS FORUM!!!!
69king

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:30 am    Post subject: Augusta National 2005 by AJ, WH, MJ, and AB* (12/2004) Reply with quote

I can understand maybe a few eagle votes for this course but anyone who votes under eagle has no true understanding of golf or Links. Those people are probably frustrated because they can't break 90 on this course because, as I said, they don't know how to play golf properly.
They are probably TW players Tomato Tomato Tomato Laugh

---------------------------------------------------------------
Champ -- Classic Click -- No Grid -- No Top View
---------------------------------------------------------------
jamolfc

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:00 am    Post subject: augusta 2k5 Reply with quote

i gave this only a par i am not a good designer but i am a player and i feel as good as it looks it seems only to be a polished version of the original it takes a while to render and it is not as good as i was hoping sorry Fear

prospect193

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: augusta 2k5 Reply with quote

jamolfc wrote:
i gave this only a par i am not a good designer but i am a player and i feel as good as it looks it seems only to be a polished version of the original it takes a while to render and it is not as good as i was hoping sorry Fear

Oh my gosh!!!! You are not serious are you??? No offence AJ but the original version is crappy compared to this outstanding rendition. These guys worked on this version for I believe 2 Years it looks nothing like the 2001 version. I'm sorry to say I believe you might need your eyes checked.

Pat

golf crazy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
tdave
Links Corner Staff

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:51 pm    Post subject: Augusta National 2005 by AJ, WH, MJ, and AB* (12/2004) Reply with quote

jamolfc wrote

Quote:
i gave this only a par i am not a good designer but i am a player and i feel as good as it looks it seems only to be a polished version of the original it takes a while to render and it is not as good as i was hoping sorry

Thanks for having the guts to post your opinion here, rather than give a
poor rating and hide. Good for you!

Of course, I think you're completely wrong and haven't a clue what you're
talking about ! Laugh Laugh

I voted ace. My new favourite course. Congratulations to AJ et al! Clap

If this course isn't an ace, then there are no courses that are aces.

Fourputt

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: augusta 2k5 Reply with quote

jamolfc wrote:

While I respect your opinion, I can't imagine what you were hoping for.. Dunno

arnydgreat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: augusta 2k5 Reply with quote

jamolfc wrote:

I have only seen screen shots, but the new course does look spectacular. I will admit that the old version is excellant and i feel underrated, but the details in this new one are staggering.
However, i really applaud you for having the balls to vote the way you feel and to give the reasons for why you voted that way. I wish we had more people who were willing to be as honest as you on this forum.
Now, hopefully soon i will be able to play this new gem and i will give an honest opinion too, but i gotta say that from the screen shots i have seen, it really looks like something special.

ITS GREAT TO HAVE FRIENDS ALL OVER THE WORLD THRU THIS FORUM!!!!
View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Course Polls & User Reviews All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to:  

Want to play Links again but lost your CDs? Buy Links 2003 download version here and support this site.