Please support Links Corner    

If you think it is hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball. - Jack Lemmon
How to create a poll on this forum board. View older topic :: View newer topic  
Andy
Links Corner Admin
Links Corner Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 7:30 pm    Post subject: How to create a poll on this forum board. Reply with quote

Lots of people seem to be having difficulty adding polls so here's a quick tutorial.

Firstly, when you are in the correct forum, click the 'New Topic' button and you will see this screen.

Step 1: Enter the subject of your poll. Don't bother including the word 'poll' as this will be added automatically.

Step 2: Enter the text of your post explaining the purpose of your poll and maybe how you voted and why.

Step 3: Scroll down to the 'Add a Poll' section and enter the question itself e.g. Is Links 2003 the best golf sim?

Step 4: Enter the first of your choices of answer.

Step 5: Click the 'Add option' button.

The screen will redraw and you should see something like this.

Step 6: Enter the second choice of answer.

Step 7: Click the 'Add option' button. The screen will redraw again.

Repeat steps 6 and 7 until you have added all your possible answers. Your screen should look something like this.

Note: There will always be a blank option at the end of the list - this is correct.

If you need to correct any spelling mistakes in the poll answers, correct the option and click 'Update'.

Step 8: Click the 'Submit' button and (provided IE hasn't crashed - don't ask me why!!) your poll and message will be posted.

Note: Clicking the 'Preview' button will (in my experience) only preview the post message and not the poll itself.

Hope this helps.

I started off with nothing - and I've still got most of it left..
View older topic :: View newer topic  
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

I'll always remember the day I broke ninety. I had a few beers in the clubhouse and was so excited I forgot to play the back nine. -Bruce Lansky