Please support Links Corner    

New to Links? Buy Links 2003 download version here and support this site.

How much longer is Links 2003 gonna be around...???Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 View older topic :: View newer topic  
martinchill

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:12 am    Post subject: How much longer is Links 2003 gonna be around...??? Reply with quote

i bought The Golf Club 2 on Steam for six bucks... i had to double my ram and i'm shopping new graphics cards.... but it's pretty sweet...

Hired Goon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:18 pm    Post subject: How much longer is Links 2003 gonna be around...??? Reply with quote

Watching the Masters recently got me pumped up to play golf again, both for real and virtual. I picked up TGC2 and JNPG, which are fine, but still prefer the old Links 2003. Loaded it up, with a few hiccups to get it going on Windows 10, but up and running. Still has the best real time swing implementation.

Will take my time getting familiar with some of the newly designed courses, as I haven't played this game in probably a decade. Holds up pretty well though doesn't it.

TextRich

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 2:08 am    Post subject: How much longer is Links 2003 gonna be around...??? Reply with quote

I just picked up The Golf Club 2 on a Steam sale for US $9. I liked it better than Tiger Woods 08, but not as much as Links 2003. I have refunded TGC2 after 1 1/2 hour as I feel my money would be better spent on TGC 2019 once it goes on sale.

TextRich

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 9:43 pm    Post subject: How much longer is Links 2003 gonna be around...??? Reply with quote

TextRich wrote:
I just picked up The Golf Club 2 on a Steam sale for US $9. I liked it better than Tiger Woods 08, but not as much as Links 2003. I have refunded TGC2 after 1 1/2 hour as I feel my money would be better spent on TGC 2019 once it goes on sale.

TGC 2019 has a 60% off sale right now. I just tried it. Its mouse swing is worse than any of the other games I have tried (including TGC 2, Perfect Golf, and Tiger Woods 08). The swing animation doesn't match the mouse movement and a very slow swing causes the ball to move to the right (I tried it and it says so in the training). I was hoping they would leave the TGC2 swing alone and just add other features for 2019. What a disappointment. Modern golf games still can't beat Links 2003.

mashie

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 10:32 pm    Post subject: How much longer is Links 2003 gonna be around...??? Reply with quote

Have never tried TGC and after your report I won't waste my time or money. I have TW06 and it is ok, but I don't play it at all, too inferior to Links. Recently have been playing Perfect Golf and it is good but still second to Links. It's amazing how much Links got right that long ago esp. with the addition of the mods.

KunkleMan

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 10:33 am    Post subject: How much longer is Links 2003 gonna be around...??? Reply with quote

Thanks to a few dedicated very intelligent people who have never received enough appreciation. Clap Clap

No. 1 rule of golf-----Make sure you stay on the RIGHT side of the grass!!
linka

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 4:02 am    Post subject: How must longer is links 2003 going to be around Reply with quote

I still play Links 2003, TW08, GBC and PGA 2000 and Links 2003 is still my first choice.

I am amazed that new games cannot match it, despite their "bells and whistles" that are good to look at, but does help you play the game.

Thanks to Sage and John Brooks and the remaining designers of the game remains fresh and complements my desire to play the game.

I will continue to play, as long as it works on the computer and I have Windows 10 and it works like a charm.

So keep on sharing your great designs with us Sage and John, and it is a delight to play your courses.

Also thanks to any other designers that are prepared to tackle the difficult task of designing and sharing their courses with us.

Cheers
Brian

mistermike40

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:16 pm    Post subject: How much longer is Links 2003 gonna be around...??? Reply with quote

I've only seen YouTube videos for the other golf games (TGC/Perfect Golf, etc) but - thanks to the 1.07 patch - none of them seem like an improvement over Links. I started playing "Links: The Challenge Of Golf" for DOS way back in 1991 (on my brand-new 386SX)... I see no reason to change now :)

JDocBurns

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:41 pm    Post subject: How much longer is Links 2003 gonna be around...??? Reply with quote

grandpabruce wrote:
mistermike40 wrote:
I've been playing since 1991 (Links: The Challenge Of Golf for DOS), purchasing each new course (on floppy disc) as they became available.

I started with the same version and have purchased every version since then, too.

I still play online, about 5 nights a week, with a good friend.

Bruce, I will always cherish the game we played together along with "Redskin" and so many others. Love to play with you guys or just you Bruce.

Jim(I'm a Happy & Lucky Man)Burns
www.broadjam.com/JimBurns
Jimbo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:56 pm    Post subject: How much longer is Links 2003 gonna be around...??? Reply with quote

I'm not going anywhere.
I don't think I'm alone.
As long as we have our dedicated course designers the game will always be fresh.

BTW I think I've mentioned it before but if anybody is working on St. George in Toronto I have some great pics of one of the most impressive clubhouses in the game.
Hamilton would be a great add too-these 2 clubs appear ready to take over for Glen Abby when... Wall Bash

Danny D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:57 am    Post subject: How much longer is Links 2003 gonna be around...??? Reply with quote

JDocBurns wrote:
Bruce, I will always cherish the game we played together along with "Redskin" and so many others. Love to play with you guys or just you Bruce.
Hi DocBurns. Unfortunately, Bruce is no longer with us. He passed away on March 3rd from the affects of Agent Orange. I'm the online friend he played with almost every day for near 20 years. Sad

Dan

GIMMIE: An uneasy agreement between players who can't putt...
JDocBurns

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:01 am    Post subject: How much longer is Links 2003 gonna be around...??? Reply with quote

Danny D wrote:
JDocBurns wrote:
Hi DocBurns. Unfortunately, Bruce is no longer with us. He passed away on March 3rd from the affects of Agent Orange. I'm the online friend he played with almost every day for near 20 years. Sad

Dan

Thank You Danny. Call me Jim. Most people remember me by
Jim(I'm a Happy & Lucky Man)Burns I just plain forgot. I miss playing with all of you.

I miss the The Golfcom days and KISS Tours. There was 3 more I played in but cant remember them. I love Links and I still can't get over JN6. It loaded so easy and the graphics great on my screen. Links will always be my game. I don't play by numbers anymore. I am disabled for 22 yrs now and at 61 yrs young I have long ago stashed the big EGO away for ever. I love playing with so many great fun folks at Game Ranger.

Anyone knows me knows I am fast player and a fun player. It's all about fun and friends. That's what LINKS is to me. Never enuff friends to meet and play with and never enuff old friends from the days of '97 and on. I still have all the full games from 1997 and on. It is mind blowing all the extra goodies that came with the game. Scorecards for every course. Good Health n Good Music.

Jim(I'm a Happy & Lucky Man)Burns
www.broadjam.com/JimBurns
Danny D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:11 am    Post subject: How much longer is Links 2003 gonna be around...??? Reply with quote

JDocBurns wrote:
Danny D wrote:
JDocBurns wrote:

Dan

Thank You Danny. Call me Jim. Most people remember me by
Jim(I'm a Happy & Lucky Man)Burns I just plain forgot. I miss playing with all of you.

I miss the The Golfcom days and KISS Tours. There was 3 more I played in but cant remember them. I love Links and I still can't get over JN6. It loaded so easy and the graphics great on my screen. Links will always be my game. I don't play by numbers anymore. I am disabled for 22 yrs now and at 61 yrs young I have long ago stashed the big EGO away for ever. I love playing with so many great fun folks at Game Ranger.

Anyone knows me knows I am fast player and a fun player. It's all about and friends. That's what LINKS is to me. Never enuff friends to meet and play with and never enuff old friends from the days of '97 and on. I still have all and it is mind blowing all the extra goodies that came with the game. Scorecards for every course. Good Health n Good Music.
Great to see you around Jim. Jim Vitale started a private Facebook page for old Golfcom Members. No golf or obligations, just old friends getting back together to have some laughs. Any member can invite any other members to join. If your interested, I'll invite you in. Paul Willey is there, and little red, and MAD's and a lot of the the old Golfcom gang. Think of it as a 20 year anniversary. Laugh

Dan

GIMMIE: An uneasy agreement between players who can't putt...
Chad

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:02 pm    Post subject: How much longer is Links 2003 gonna be around...??? Reply with quote

To respond to the question posed in the thread topic...

Forever...and ever...

Yes

Definition of Boring: Radio Golf
View older topic :: View newer topic  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to:  

Want to play Links again but lost your CDs? Buy Links 2003 download version here and support this site.