Please support Links Corner    

The only thing in my bag that works is the bug spray. - Bruce Lansky
What happened? View older topic :: View newer topic  
Larrycleve

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:35 am    Post subject: What happened? Reply with quote

I play powerstroke elite playing the 7th hole at Augusta. I used a 3 wood punch aiming at the middle of the fairway. There was no wind and the shot was hit square and straight.

The shot should have gone straight but shanked to the left into the trees. Any idea why?

Duck Hook

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:07 am    Post subject: What happened? Reply with quote

Maybe you inadvertently moved the aiming marker and not realized?

Dunno

T

Larrycleve

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:54 am    Post subject: I checked the replay Reply with quote

and the marker was still in the middle of the fairway.

I hit a 3 wood flop from an opening in the trees to 62 yards right of the green. The elevation to the green was 25 yards. I hit a full lob wedge to 11 feet in back of the hole. I made the putt for par. It was sweet. Clap

Duck Hook

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:19 am    Post subject: What happened? Reply with quote

Laugh Clap Good job then. Powerstroke elite, I take my hat off to you.

As far as the shank goes, I don't know then. That's all I could think of.

Captain Nemo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:58 pm    Post subject: What happened? Reply with quote

I have played Classic Swing for many years. About every 50th round (aiming marker correct) I get that shank. Just a quirk of the game (along with many others) me thinks. So happy to know, that that shank is not swing type dependent! Clap Smile

How many Microsoft Programmers does it take to replace a light bulb? Just one.
However, you will be installing updates for all eternity!
Larrycleve

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:45 pm    Post subject: What happened? Reply with quote

Thanks for validating my paranoia. Laugh I sometimes feel when I'm playing good the game does something weird to bring me down to earth so I don't feel so full of myself.

I played the 9th at Arsonval hitting a nice shot over the water to the fairway. As it was coming down it hit something invisible and flew back into the water.

pmgolf

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:58 pm    Post subject: What happened? Reply with quote

I play using RTS Pro and shoot par scores or near par scores. Out of the blue I will have one of those left-side shanks (right-handed people usually have right-side shanks) . With RTS though, the ball-against-clubface contact is shown and with those shanks it shows the ball hitting the backside of the shaft (club heel). Swing pace and/or swing path causes it.

Pete

Danny D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:50 am    Post subject: What happened? Reply with quote

How many of you guys occasionally get a dead ball shot? Meaning, using the classic swing, you make a perfect swing and (Jack Buck used to describe it in baseball as "hitting a can of corn") the ball goes out about half the distance it should. No matter how many mulligans you try, it never fixes the shot. The only way my partner and I can get around it is to either accept it, or save the game and resume. When you exit and come back to the shot, it will then be fine. It would happen anywhere. Off the tee, from the fairway. I would estimate we get one of those about every 20 or 30 rounds Erm

Dan

MULLIGAN: A thieving second shot employed by golfers to prove the first one was no mistake
pmgolf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:40 am    Post subject: What happened? Reply with quote

I get those with RTS. The club-ball picture shows perfect contact, but the shot only goes about 70% of normal distance.

Pete

Duck Hook

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:36 pm    Post subject: What happened? Reply with quote

I play classic and I've never encountered it during a round of normal play. It happens quite often in practice mode though.

View older topic :: View newer topic  
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Golfer: Do you think my game is improving? Caddy: Oh yes, sir! You miss the ball much closer than you used to.