Please support Links Corner    

Your best shots in golf are your practice swing and the conceded putts. You'll never master the rest! - Lord Robertson
Have you tried Panoramic View? View older topic :: View newer topic  
Adelade

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:03 pm    Post subject: Have you tried Panoramic View? Reply with quote

Some week ago I thought Id try out the Golfer Setting for main camera "Panoramic" (normal when close to pin), I had never before even considered using it since it felt unnatural and Ive always had a playstyle where I strive for realism. At first it felt a bit weird but it also makes the game so much prettier! You get great views of the nature surroundings and some courses actually become a whole new experience. Many courses that have very pretty surroundings and panoramas simply arent made justice with normal view Id even say. Im absolutely loving it and would never go back to normal view now. It also makes it less frustrating to play without top camera on courses that either have no hole previews or have many blind shots or where its simply hard to see where to aim.

Im wondering if any other Linksters play with panoramic view or if there are others like me who had never even tried it and dont know what theyre missing. I highly recommend at least trying it out if you havent Smile

PS. While on the subject of discoveries within the game to share, I found out just the other day that you can actually move around the ball on tee shots. Cant believe I never knew this! >_< All those trees I hit...

robsonbight1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:13 pm    Post subject: Just some of Reply with quote

the little things that make LINKS 2003 so special................ Clap Not Worthy Thumb Up

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
karnaktwo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:58 pm    Post subject: Panoramic View. Reply with quote

I always played links from the close up golfer view because I thought that was the best way to replicate real life. For some courses, trying to see where to aim was almost impossible especially using RTS Elite which doesn't allow aiming using the overhead camera. I then tried panoramic with close up around the greens and agree that it transforms the courses making the great work the designers do so much more available and we can appreciate the skill displayed.

Weeler

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:53 pm    Post subject: Panoramic View Reply with quote

I agree with karnaktwo, that playing Links using the close-up view seems to offer the most 'realistic' golfing experience, because the shots are pretty much at eye level. And, of course, you can see the details of
plantings, etc. more closely. I also agree that playing in the panoramic
mode lets you see more of the course layout, elevations, etc. But I guess
I haven't gotten used to the golfer ani being that small. Both views have
pros and cons, but I'll probably continue to use the close-up view for most of my rounds. Thanks for bringing it up Adelade.

View older topic :: View newer topic  
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

New to Links? Buy Links 2003 download version here and support this site.