Please support Links Corner    

Your best shots in golf are your practice swing and the conceded putts. You'll never master the rest! - Lord Robertson
Looking for a p2p crz named Carrie Park by Johnny Holland View older topic :: View newer topic  
stancomputergolfer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:20 am    Post subject: Looking for a p2p crz named Carrie Park by Johnny Holland Reply with quote

With the shut down of the apcd site, I read that many designers distributed their creations to Links Corner to add as free downloads.

Searching for Carrie Park by Johnny Holland links to the apcd site. Does anyone know if it's on Links Corner, or if it will be in the future. Perhaps someone knows how I could get a copy. I'd certainly be willing to pay for it, or make a donation here.

Thanks. Any reply would be appreciated.

Dick Burt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:54 pm    Post subject: Looking for a p2p crz named Carrie Park by Johnny Holland Reply with quote

Go to courses, search under name but put in carrie only
1 course comes up
http://linkscorner.org/courses/index.php?SearchType=Course&SearchText=Carrie
to p2p link is dead

The IRL season is ending!...But I wish I was still playing at kisstours.com!
gene_golf

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:06 pm    Post subject: Looking for a p2p crz named Carrie Park by Johnny Holland Reply with quote

I was a member at APCD site a few years back to get exclusives such as Harbour Town, since released here in Links as a free download by Eddie Schmidt's decision as was Kill Devil Hills once a P2P course. I also bought all the P2P courses then, but Carrie Park was not listed as available then on courses that could be bought from APCD for what reason I am not sure.

gene_golf

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:45 pm    Post subject: Looking for a p2p crz named Carrie Park by Johnny Holland Reply with quote

Then again had you looked there was already a post with more information than I gave here started 7/6/2017 by cubsfan2015. linkscorner.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34389

pmgolf

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:33 pm    Post subject: Looking for a p2p crz named Carrie Park by Johnny Holland Reply with quote

gene_golf wrote:
Then again had you looked there was already a post with more information than I gave here started 7/6/2017 by cubsfan2015. linkscorner.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34389

Since you know of the thread, I'm sure you realize that nothing was ever solved or finalized in it. After reading it, I still have the question that the author of this thread stated - don't you?

Pete

gene_golf

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:10 pm    Post subject: Looking for a p2p crz named Carrie Park by Johnny Holland Reply with quote

pmgolf wrote:
gene_golf wrote:

Since you know of the thread, I'm sure you realize that nothing was ever solved or finalized in it. After reading it, I still have the question that the author of this thread stated - don't you?

Pete

@pmgolf, Just stating the obvious that was shown there. Unless the designer looks back in to release course as free download, then it might fall to someone such as yourself possibly having Carrie Park to set up a download for it on dropbox. Seems that you did this for 5 or 6 courses that were once listed at APCD site as exclusives there and a few more that were discontinued by the designers that were once free downloads here, Re: K Club 2 pack and Valderrama beta. I have Walnut Grove, but have heard that others might be interested in getting that course as well. By the way are these courses perpetually owned by the designer or could there be a situation such as drug patents running out after a few years? Your thoughts as some of the designers of P2P courses are incommudicado, possibly deceased now?

stancomputergolfer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:43 am    Post subject: Looking for a p2p crz named Carrie Park by Johnny Holland Reply with quote

gene_golf wrote:

Of course I searched, and found the thread by cubsfan2015, and also concluded there was no resolution. I started a new thread because I wanted to specifically ask about Carrie Park.

I also wonder what happens to those courses that have not been made available to Links Corner.

The thought has crossed my mind that perhaps an admin here would know admins from apcd, and might contact them to ask.

Andy
Links Corner Admin
Links Corner Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:07 am    Post subject: Looking for a p2p crz named Carrie Park by Johnny Holland Reply with quote

as I said in the other thread ....

Quote:
If anyone here is ever in contact with the designers of these perhaps they could enquire about the courses being released for free.

I'm reluctant to do anything without the permission of the designers.

I know that Rehit has health/personal issues that led to the shut-down of APCD courses so I don't feel comfortable raising the issue with him.

gator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:10 pm    Post subject: Looking for a p2p crz named Carrie Park by Johnny Holland Reply with quote

@stancomputergolfer, additionally to Andy's point, I recall some time back over at APCD-Courses a few of the P2P courses that had been available for purchase were no longer available. When asked why they were no longer available Mick (Prendergast, the owner/operator of the site, known here by the user name Rehit) said that he was unable to contact those designers to send them their money. He said if he couldn't send the money to the designer he would no longer collect it so he took the courses down. I don't recall which designers this involved, but it was several years ago.

APCD-Courses officially went dark on 8/6/2018.

Armand

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:12 am    Post subject: Looking for a p2p crz named Carrie Park by Johnny Holland Reply with quote

Andy,

I've contacted Art Patscheck, who has indicated that his P2P courses should be freely available. Those are Arrow Canyon, Buck Creek and Walnut Grove. I've taken a screen shot of our PMs - I don't think Art will mind me posting them:

If you need the courses, I can ZIP up my files (including any readme, etc.) and provide them.

Andy
Links Corner Admin
Links Corner Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:35 am    Post subject: Looking for a p2p crz named Carrie Park by Johnny Holland Reply with quote

Thanks Armand.

I look and see what I have and contact you again if I need any files.

Andy Thumb Up

Andy
Links Corner Admin
Links Corner Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:41 am    Post subject: Looking for a p2p crz named Carrie Park by Johnny Holland Reply with quote

You have a PM Armand.

Armand

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:48 pm    Post subject: Looking for a p2p crz named Carrie Park by Johnny Holland Reply with quote

Replied.
Thumb Up

View older topic :: View newer topic  
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Golfer: Do you think I can get there with a 5-iron? Caddy: Eventually.