Please support Links Corner    

Golfer: Do you think my game is improving? Caddy: Oh yes, sir! You miss the ball much closer than you used to.
Do many people still play this? View older topic :: View newer topic  
Jetice182

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:55 pm    Post subject: Do many people still play this? Reply with quote

me nad my dad used to play links 2003 years and years ago and loved it, we used to play ladder matchs and everything. I was wondering if people still play and whether people still play ladder matchs and stuff. This is the most realistic golf game ive ever played and still have it and would love to start playing it again but i like competitive games like ladder matchs and stuff.

Jetice182

robsonbight1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:29 pm    Post subject: Had no clue Reply with quote

Ladder Tournaments

A ladder tournament takes place over an extended period of time and can be thought of as self-serve: There aren't necessarily any organized play dates. Rather, the tournament bracket, or ladder, is posted for all to see, and players take it upon themselves to issue challenges and set up times to play matches.

Only lower-ranked players can issue a challenge (No. 8 can challenge No. 7, but 7 can't challenge 8). Challenge rules usually prohibit the challenged player from declining to play; if you are challenged by a lower-ranked player, you have to accept. Typically, the lower-ranked golfer is limited to challenging the players who are, at most, up to three spots above on the "ladder."

In order to keep the tournament moving, a time limit for playing agreed-upon matches is a good idea; playing within one week of a challenge is common. Use full handicaps.

If the challenging player wins, he moves up the ladder, trading places with the golfer he beat. If the golfer who accepted the challenge wins, he maintains his position on the ladder.

The object of a ladder tournament is to move up the ladder; the player at the top at the end of the tournament period is the winner.

Ladder tournaments obviously take time to play. When might a ladder tournament be used? Let's say the Anytown Country Club Men's Golf Association issues its summer schedule, with other kinds of tournaments scheduled from June through August. That 3-month period is an opportunity to schedule a concurrent ladder tournament, running throughout the summer.[/b]

Last edited by robsonbight1 on Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:09 pm; edited 2 times in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Andy
Links Corner Admin
Links Corner Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:57 am    Post subject: Do many people still play this? Reply with quote

If anyone wants to organise a Links Corner Ladder I'm quite willing to create a new sub-forum to take posts about it and would make the organiser a moderator for that sub forum.

Any takers?

Danny D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:55 am    Post subject: Do many people still play this? Reply with quote

Andy wrote:
If anyone wants to organise a Links Corner Ladder I'm quite willing to create a new sub-forum to take posts about it and would make the organiser a moderator for that sub forum.

Any takers?

Sounds interesting and fun. Is there a standard set of rules that apply to ladder systems, or does someone make up their own rules up for their specific ladder? For example, if I wanted to run a ladder, would I make up my own rules that everyone would have to agree to follow?

When a higher ranked person is challenged, who determines the course and conditions of the match?

Would there need to be separate ladders for every swing type and skill level?

What is the meaning of "use full handicaps"

Many questions....

Anyone with ladder knowledge, jump in and lets discuss this. Yes

Dan

MULLIGAN: A thieving second shot employed by golfers to prove the first one was no mistake
Redskin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:43 pm    Post subject: Do many people still play this? Reply with quote

There are still about 20 people playing online at this site.
The TigerCats -- http://www.tigercats-golf.club/golf-tours.html

And they play other tours at that site also.

Jim

Don't worry about temptation. As you grow older, it starts avoiding you.
--Old Farmer's Almanac
juniorinho

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:04 pm    Post subject: Do many people still play this? Reply with quote

I started playing again yesterday after a long break away. First question i was asking, was the ladder still going, but the people i played with hadn't heard of it, or didn't know. Which i took as basically that it is not? Would love to get involved in them again, so if anyone is starting it, i'd join.

View older topic :: View newer topic  
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

I'll always remember the day I broke ninety. I had a few beers in the clubhouse and was so excited I forgot to play the back nine. -Bruce Lansky