Please support Links Corner    

Follow-through: The part of the swing that takes place after the ball has been hit, but before the club has been thrown. ~ Henry Beard
Chapultepec... View older topic :: View newer topic  
Danny D

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 12:07 pm    Post subject: Chapultepec... Reply with quote

Hi John...

I ran into an issue with your new release of Chapultepec. Note the white lines on the TOP VIEW CAM. These line go away when I turn off the OUT OF BOUNDS indicator. Not sure if it's your problem, or mine. I've never seen anything quite like this before. Hopefully I can get verification from others as to whether they see these same lines.

Best wishes,

Dan

MULLIGAN: A thieving second shot employed by golfers to prove the first one was no mistake
grandpabruce

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 12:39 pm    Post subject: Chapultepec... Reply with quote

I see the same thing that you do.

Last edited by grandpabruce on Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971
Redskin

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject: Chapultepec... Reply with quote

I also see the lines.
Jim

Don't worry about temptation. As you grow older, it starts avoiding you.
--Old Farmer's Almanac
brooks2345

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 10:23 pm    Post subject: Chapultepec Reply with quote

I know what the problem is.

To save myself a whole load of unnecessary planting work, I always cut away the bits of the work area that aren't needed. So my courses aren't square or oblong, but have bits taken out of them once I've laid them out.

This is AOK as long as you remember not to get too blase (like I was) when doing your OOB area!

I obviously went round with my OOB line and inadvertently put it a fraction over the edge of the course work area. What then happens is that it drops from the Course height to a zero (I think) height, producing your weird lines. This is also why you get no lines when you turn OOB off.

I'll rejig Chapultepec with a very neat OOB, which should eliminate the problem. I'll also double check the other courses to check I haven't been doing OOB after a couple of large glasses of wine!

Thanks and cheers

John Brooks.

Thumb Up

jackdanielz100

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 10:49 pm    Post subject: Chapultepec... Reply with quote

Where is the out of bounds indicator & how do you turn it off? I don't recall seeing it.

Danny D

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:31 am    Post subject: Chapultepec... Reply with quote

jackdanielz100 wrote:
Where is the out of bounds indicator & how do you turn it off? I don't recall seeing it.
Hiya JD...
Move your mouse to the top left corner of the TOP CAM view and select the golf ball. Within its options you will find SHOW OB....

MULLIGAN: A thieving second shot employed by golfers to prove the first one was no mistake
brooks2345

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:31 pm    Post subject: Chapultepec... Reply with quote

Hmmm.

It's definitely me not you.

Have tried removing OOB but to no avail. Strange thing is that whilst OOB shows up in perspective mode, it doesn't show up in topview mode, and that's the mode you need to be in to modify it.

Could be that Chalpultepec is at over 7000 ft, whilst the .CRZ base is zero.

I'll keep trying.

Cheers

John Brooks Unsure

Sandy Trapp

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:04 pm    Post subject: Chapultepec... Reply with quote

Hate to tell you but Crans Montana suffers from the same white lines.
Guildford seems okay, though.

Redskin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:57 am    Post subject: Chapultepec... Reply with quote

Sandy has the same thing I was going to post. :(

Don't worry about temptation. As you grow older, it starts avoiding you.
--Old Farmer's Almanac
View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Course Corner All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

The best wood in most amateurs' bags is the pencil. - Anon