Please support Links Corner    

I'll always remember the day I broke ninety. I had a few beers in the clubhouse and was so excited I forgot to play the back nine. -Bruce Lansky
Colonial CC - Pin ClustersGoto page Previous  1, 2 View older topic :: View newer topic  
gene_golf

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:17 pm    Post subject: Colonial CC - Pin Clusters Reply with quote

Not sure when fairway sand trap to left side of hole #17 was added, but makes sense as perfect bailout point in which to reach green on dogleg making for second shot not going over trees even with a wedge, which is a prevalent feature of doglegs at Colonial since trees have grown over years from course start out in 1936. That sand trap was certainly needed if rough not able to be grown in as hazard each year there. Speaking of rough, Muirfield this week sure looks as if they paid a bunch of money for fertilizer with highest rough have seen in a while. Back to Colonial, understand Gil Hanse, noted golf course architect has been looking at ways to improve Colonial for a year or so in addition to other projects. He was working on Doral renovations before tour venue moved to Mexico.

View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Course Corner All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Golfer: Do you think I can get there with a 5-iron? Caddy: Eventually.