Please support Links Corner    

The only thing in my bag that works is the bug spray. - Bruce Lansky
Harbour Town Golf Links HDGoto page Previous  1, 2 View older topic :: View newer topic  
Danny D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:44 pm    Post subject: Harbour Town Golf Links HD Reply with quote

Captain Nemo wrote:
Stephen Sullivan wrote:
There is a link at the bottom of Eddie's post

Thanks Stephen. On my old 21" standard LCD monitor the inserted Graphics are so huge that I guess, while scrolling up and down and back and forth I missed the link.

Cheers, CN
The easiest way to view these huge pictures without scrolling back and forth is to zoom them in and out so they fit on your screen. Just use your mouse wheel to zoom in and out while holding down the CTRL button. To return back to normal magnification, hit CTRL+0 (zero).

Hope that helps,

Dan

MULLIGAN: A thieving second shot employed by golfers to prove the first one was no mistake
Eddie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:14 pm    Post subject: Harbour Town Golf Links HD Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Here's the finished course- I uploaded it to Links Corner as well. I'd encourage the members to support Andy and his website to keep it going. Thanks!

https://nofile.io/f/UCDDGFPEqqp/HarbourTown+Golf+Links+HD.zip

There are a few recorded rounds enclosed, Enjoy my friends!

JWGriffinGCA

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:54 pm    Post subject: Harbour Town Golf Links HD Reply with quote

What a treat, Eddie! Thanks for revisiting this classic and freshening it up. And just in time for the real tournament in a couple weekends, I know plenty of Links folks like to play along with the real events.

Thanks for all your hard work lately - you're spoiling us!

Clap Not Worthy

John

When it comes to havoc, nobody wreaks like me! -Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz
gator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:15 pm    Post subject: Harbour Town Golf Links HD Reply with quote

Thanx for the update Eddie and Happy Easter to and your family also!

Eddie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:06 pm    Post subject: Harbour Town Golf Links HD Reply with quote

Thanks my friends, I do hope all enjoy the improvements. The update cost a little more time than anticipated but it was fun! Have a great rest of the Easter Weekend!

Danny D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:32 am    Post subject: Harbour Town Golf Links HD Reply with quote

Eddie wrote:
Thanks my friends, I do hope all enjoy the improvements. The update cost a little more time than anticipated but it was fun! Have a great rest of the Easter Weekend!
Thanks for all the hard work. Will enjoy this course for sure. Have a good Easter!

Dan!

MULLIGAN: A thieving second shot employed by golfers to prove the first one was no mistake
pmgolf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:19 am    Post subject: Harbour Town Golf Links HD Reply with quote

Terrific job, Eddie! Reminds me of what it was like to be there! No flaws spotted after three rounds.

Pete

Eddie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:53 pm    Post subject: Harbour Town Golf Links HD Reply with quote

Very cool Pete, that's what I was shooting for! I'm happy peeps are enjoying it!

mashie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:58 pm    Post subject: Harbour Town Golf Links HD Reply with quote

Played the first round along with the real tournament. I have to say that this course is magnificent in every respect: textures, planting, realism, and beauty. One of the finest real courses ever done IMO. You sir are a real artist, thanks for sharing your talents with all of us.

Segwin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:56 pm    Post subject: Harbour Town Golf Links HD Reply with quote

Just coming back to Links after many years away. Eddie, what you're doing with the courses is amazing. I'm sure it took a lot of time

A big thank you!

Weeler

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:28 pm    Post subject: Harbour Town Golf Links HD Reply with quote

Eddie, please check your mail for a PM. Thanks.

Pinseeker33

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:55 am    Post subject: Harbour Town lighthouse. Reply with quote

Eddie, you did a super job revamping this great course - I enjoyed playing all four rounds of the RBC Heritage tournament last week but I have a question regarding the 18th hole. As everyone could see, the real course, as set up for the tournament, has those ugly grandstands installed behind the green which block the view of the iconic lighthouse. As I recall, in the first version of this course the lighthouse was always visible from the tee; then in the next version it wasn't visible. When I played the first round on you new version last week I was happy to see that your course does not have those grandstands and there was a beautiful view of the lighthouse. But for the subsequent three rounds the lighthouse was not visible. Can the position of the tee box change so drastically that the trees block the view?

Pete

Eddie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:33 am    Post subject: Harbour Town Golf Links HD Reply with quote

Hi Pete and others, very happy you are enjoying the course. I looked it over today and only saw trees obstructing from the front tee on 18. The rest had clear view of the lighthouse. I'll have another look tomorrow.

Checked it out today with the version I uploaded and looked the same on my machine as yesterday.

Pinseeker33

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:21 pm    Post subject: Harbour Town Golf Links HD Reply with quote

Hi Eddie,

I found the reason I wasn't seeing the lighthouse - I had the Picture Quality set to Low for faster redraws. When the Quality is set at High the lighthouse is fully visible from the Back and Middle tees, about 2/3 visible from the Forward tee and mostly obscured from the Junior and Ladies tees. At Low Quality the lighthouse is not visible from any tee.

Pete

Eddie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:12 pm    Post subject: Harbour Town Golf Links HD Reply with quote

I'm glad you got your issue straightened out and thanks for taking the time to let us know what it was Pete. Have a great week!

View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Preview Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

New to Links? Buy Links 2003 download version here and support this site.