Please support Links Corner    

Golfer: That can't be my ball, caddy. It looks far too old. Caddy: It's a long time since we started, sir.
New comp not working out View older topic :: View newer topic  
sagevanni

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:54 pm    Post subject: New comp not working out Reply with quote

I thought this new comp would solve all my problems but it has only made everything worse. Win 10 is the problem I think. Nothing I can do about that. APCD crashes every 5-10 validate and save. No way around it. Tried uninstalling some updates, did not help. I validate and save every 2-3 minutes and backup the course in a backup directory. This is getting boring and time consuming. Thinking of giving it up till I can get a hold of a Win 7 disk and do a downgrade. Finding a clean Win 7 disk with unused serial number is hard. Never know what you are really getting. Microsoft sure messed things up protecting their CRAPPY software. Oh well......maybe some day. I have 8 course that need planting, anyone want them....???? I can not even open up my Cypress Point course without APCD crashing when I move the view around. Oh yeah......I do have 3 more course I will release that were planted before my comp woes. I Think Andy is pissed at me for submitting four of my beta courses for final release in one day after he asked me not to. LOL....oh well.........Very frustrated.......

Sage

pmgolf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:14 pm    Post subject: New comp not working out Reply with quote

Sage, you can still buy a new version of Windows 7. I plan on buying one before I get my next computer. Worth it in the long run.

Pete

KunkleMan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:08 am    Post subject: New comp not working out Reply with quote

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Windows-7-SP1-32-64-bit-Reinstall-Install-DVD-Home-Premium-Pro-Ultimate-w-HD/401518686459?hash=item5d7c60f0fb:g:vsAAAOSwxwRaxNoZ:sc:USPSFirstClass!15650!US!-1

One of many

No. 1 rule of golf-----Make sure you stay on the RIGHT side of the grass!!
sagevanni

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:28 pm    Post subject: New comp not working out Reply with quote

Hi Kunkleman......if you scroll down and read all the info on this kinda product, you will see it is not an official windows disc. I have looked and there are a few out there but not at 6-7 bucks. the ones out there that are real are 100-200 bucks. At least this is what I have gleaned from looking around. Thanks anyway.......if someone knows of a site for an OFFICIAL windows 7 disc out there, let me know. Thanks.

Sage

Max64

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:40 pm    Post subject: New comp not working out Reply with quote

You should find plenty on eBay

Daniel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:50 pm    Post subject: New comp not working out Reply with quote

Sage have you tried running the APCD as administrator.

sagevanni

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:45 am    Post subject: New comp not working out Reply with quote

Hey Daniel......I always run as admin........

Daniel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:00 am    Post subject: New comp not working out Reply with quote

Sage if you had Windows 7 previously you should have a key for it.You can re-download Windows 7 here from Microsoft all you do is put your key number in the box and just wait a while another page will pop up pick your language and a download will appear.Here is the Link. Just give the pages time to load.PS I have a Windows 8 Pro 32bit or 64bit disc I no longer use with a key if you would like to try that on a new drive I can send it to you if you think that might help.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows7

Daniel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:19 pm    Post subject: New comp not working out Reply with quote

What was your retail PC, was it a Dell,an Acer or another make you can usually download a ISO image from companies just incase your drive crashed and you cannot access the recovery partition. Here is an example from Dell.
http://www.dell.com/support/home/uk/en/ukbsdt1/Drivers/OSISO/recoverytool

sagevanni

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:08 am    Post subject: New comp not working out Reply with quote

Everyone's advice is great and I know most of what is being said. The thing is when you get a comp the win OS is tied to the device. No way can you transfer an OEM comp win OS to another comp. I have a new comp in this condition. My old comp is in the same. I can not transfer my legal win 7 to another device.....i.e. my new comp. Can not do that legally. So I have to purchase a clean legal win 7 OS to install on my new comp. Those run anywhere from what I have seen from about 150-200 USD. If I have the legal win 7 OS disc I can put it on any comp I want. When you buy a comp at the store it is an OEM comp with the OS tied to that device......non-transferable to another device.........

Sage....... Chair Chair Chair

Oldjoeclarke

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:31 pm    Post subject: New comp not working out Reply with quote

Lesson one, buy a computer with a genuine disc and not a OEM pre install,
Now your screwed.

sagevanni

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:10 pm    Post subject: New comp not working out Reply with quote

Where the heck do ya get one of those unless you build the comp yourself......????? I have never walked into a store and seen a non OEM comp........

Oldjoeclarke

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:31 pm    Post subject: New comp not working out Reply with quote

I build my own, also in England there are plenty of shops that sell PC's with genuine OS that you can switch about. Best off creating a dual boot system that will boot up in either win 10 or win 7.

Daniel

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:43 pm    Post subject: New comp not working out Reply with quote

Install Windows 7 on your existing drive. I have two spare drives with windows 7 on them and two spare drives with Windows 10 on them for backup.I can swap them about at will and keep them up to date with Microsoft updates. Windows 10 is a bit different it will not allow you to copy Windows 10 to another drive.But you can do a clean install on a new drive.Don't ask me how Microsoft know you copied the Windows 10 to another drive but it does.So what I am saying is if you have a genuine Windows 7 disk and a genuine key to go with it you can install it on any drive you wish.You can save all your files to an external drive wipe Windows 10 of the drive you have in your computer and install Windows 7 on it.

View older topic :: View newer topic  
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

I was three over. One over a house, one over a patio, and one over a swimming pool. - George Brett