Please support Links Corner    

New to Links? Buy Links 2003 download version here and support this site.
Disaster! Hard Drive Failure View older topic :: View newer topic  
Gtown75

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:32 pm    Post subject: Disaster! Hard Drive Failure Reply with quote

LOL. Lost everything! Oh well .... just wanted to share my pain. I need a hug. Cheers. :)

Gtown75

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Disaster! Hard Drive Failure Reply with quote

Gtown75 wrote:
LOL. Lost everything! Oh well .... just wanted to share my pain. I need a hug. Cheers. :)

6 views and no hugs? Come on people! It's Masters Weekend too! Dunno

sagevanni

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:08 pm    Post subject: Disaster! Hard Drive Failure Reply with quote

USB backup, external HD back up, cheap.........HUGS...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know the feeling....!!!!

Sage

gator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:09 pm    Post subject: Disaster! Hard Drive Failure Reply with quote

Sorry for your pain! Hope you had backups of all your important stuff.

Gtown75

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:13 pm    Post subject: Disaster! Hard Drive Failure Reply with quote

gator wrote:
Sorry for your pain! Hope you had backups of all your important stuff.

No backups. I think I posted a few hole-in-ones on here a few months ago, that's all I have.

But it's ok, luckly I'm quite a philosophical old soul. Fresh beginnings and all that!

I still appreciate the hugs though. :) Cheers. It was quite a loss. But I'll be back, better than before! (assuming I can re-install it on Windows 7).

haha.

Enjoy The Masters Y'all!

Captain Nemo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:17 pm    Post subject: Disaster! Hard Drive Failure Reply with quote

To paraphrase David Feherty ... "You'll need a big hug from ure mammy after that one!" Sad

How many Microsoft Programmers does it take to replace a light bulb? Just one.
However, you will be installing updates for all eternity!
Stephen Sullivan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:24 pm    Post subject: Disaster! Hard Drive Failure Reply with quote

Sorry for your loss.

I have 2 hard drives in my home built PC along with an SSD system drive. The hard drives are partitioned so I don't lose everything. Also have a 1GB drive that's in an enclosure connected over the wifi, that I've backups on.

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." Sir Terry Pratchett
Oldjoeclarke

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:31 pm    Post subject: Disaster! Hard Drive Failure Reply with quote

Had it, I know your pain, chin up and best of luck...

guitarzan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:41 am    Post subject: Disaster! Hard Drive Failure Reply with quote

Install a virtual LInux OS on a DVD and insert it in your disk drive if it works and then you might be able to access the files from your hard drive from there. It worked for me once. Condolences.

Sparky_69

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:01 am    Post subject: Disaster! Hard Drive Failure Reply with quote

I know it doesn't make you feel much better, but nothing for Links that can't be replaced here I'm sure.

Sorry for your pain pal.

Cheers Cheers

Danny D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:07 am    Post subject: Disaster! Hard Drive Failure Reply with quote

Stephen Sullivan wrote:
Sorry for your loss.

The hard drives are partitioned so I don't lose everything.
Hi Stephen. Just a note. If your hard drive suffers a mechanical failure, you will not be able to access any of the partitions. Just to be safe, you need to back up to a totally different drive.

Dan

MULLIGAN: A thieving second shot employed by golfers to prove the first one was no mistake
Gtown75

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:14 pm    Post subject: Disaster! Hard Drive Failure Reply with quote

I RESET Windows and once it had re-installed itself I was able to check the legacy components box (and it remained checked). Re-installed Links and I'm back on the horse.

:) Thanks for the hugs ...

Stephen Sullivan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:34 pm    Post subject: Disaster! Hard Drive Failure Reply with quote

Danny D wrote:
Stephen Sullivan wrote:
Sorry for your loss.

The hard drives are partitioned so I don't lose everything.
Hi Stephen. Just a note. If your hard drive suffers a mechanical failure, you will not be able to access any of the partitions. Just to be safe, you need to back up to a totally different drive.

Dan

OH I do Danny

Most is backed up on my network drive, while some is saved to CD

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." Sir Terry Pratchett
View older topic :: View newer topic  
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

New to Links? Buy Links 2003 download version here and support this site.