Please support Links Corner    

If I were you, I'd lay off for a couple of weeks...and then quit. - Jimmy Demaret to Johnny Carson
Another 3D Question... View older topic :: View newer topic  
Danny D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:06 am    Post subject: Another 3D Question... Reply with quote

Hello again gents! I will need to add a lot of 3D houses to my course from the 2001 library. My question is, if I add one 3D house and use it in 20 places on the plot, will the file size grow by 20 houses, or like 2D objects, will it only grow by one single 3D house no matter how many times I use it on the plot?

Thanks,

Dan

MULLIGAN: A thieving second shot employed by golfers to prove the first one was no mistake
sagevanni

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:47 am    Post subject: Another 3D Question... Reply with quote

How can I get a hold of the Links 2001 object libraries....??? Both 2D and 3D objects....????

Sage

Oldjoeclarke

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:45 am    Post subject: Another 3D Question... Reply with quote

Danny,

From my memory I believe it will increase the file size per house, I also read that and this may not be the case, but if you delete a planting of those objects it does not decrease file size. I have never tested this but it might be wise to have a few extra saves before you start to plant them.

Best of luck...

JWGriffinGCA

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:45 pm    Post subject: Another 3D Question... Reply with quote

sagevanni wrote:
How can I get a hold of the Links 2001 object libraries....??? Both 2D and 3D objects....????

Sage

You have to do a Library Merge which requires either having APCD 1.0/1.1 installed, or a copy of Links 2001 on disk/CD - because the Merge tool looks for the original 2001 object.lib file. The Library Merge tool is a .exe file in the APCD 1.5 install folder, in the LibraryMerge subfolder.

See Lez Marwick's video #34. In #35, Lez recommended only adding the 2001 3D objects to your planting set. He thought that merged 2001 2D objects increased the likelihood of APCD crashes and object corruption.

John

When it comes to havoc, nobody wreaks like me! -Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz
Danny D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:23 pm    Post subject: Another 3D Question... Reply with quote

Oldjoeclarke wrote:
Danny,

From my memory I believe it will increase the file size per house, I also read that and this may not be the case, but if you delete a planting of those objects it does not decrease file size. I have never tested this but it might be wise to have a few extra saves before you start to plant them.

Best of luck...
Thanks Joe. I do recall seeing somewhere that once installed, you can't delete them from the file. As far as having extra saves, that's not an issue. I do a "SAVE AS" 3 or 4 times per daily session and save the newest one to multiple drives.

Thanks again,

Dan

MULLIGAN: A thieving second shot employed by golfers to prove the first one was no mistake
View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Designers Corner All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

New to Links? Buy Links 2003 download version here and support this site.