Please support Links Corner    

Rough should have high grass. When you go bowling they don't give you anything for landing in the gutter, do they? - Lee Trevino
Add Logo - Custom Image Error View older topic :: View newer topic  
MrMoggie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject: Add Logo - Custom Image Error Reply with quote

I must be doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what!

When I try to add a logo to a course in APCD it will upload and appear as 'Custom', but when I click 'OK' I get the following error message:

'Could not save custom image changes. Please make sure you have saved your current course'

If I come out and save the course, or validate and save, and try again I get the same message.

This only happens with logos.

Splash screens add just fine.

My logo is a 256x256 pixel .tga image.

Any ideas welcome

Thanks

Steve

JWGriffinGCA

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:32 pm    Post subject: Add Logo - Custom Image Error Reply with quote

256x256 .tga is the right size & format. It must also be 24-bit - any chance that's the culprit?

John

When it comes to havoc, nobody wreaks like me! -Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz
MrMoggie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject: Add Logo - Custom Image Error Reply with quote

Thanks, John

Yes, 24 bit

Very odd. Same problem with a custom flag which is also a .tga image, so I'm guessing it's the format that's the problem

I'm using a free paint programme - paint.net

Steve

MrMoggie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:45 pm    Post subject: Add Logo - Custom Image Error Reply with quote

Solved it!

There was a checkbox 'Compress (RLE)' checked.

Unchecked it and it worked

I have no idea what it means, but it sorted it

Thanks for your response, John

Steve

JWGriffinGCA

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:49 pm    Post subject: Add Logo - Custom Image Error Reply with quote

Hi Steve - ah, forgot about .tga files having to be uncompressed, I don't even think about it anymore when I save them - didn't even cross my mind to mention it! Sorry! But glad you got it figured out.

John

When it comes to havoc, nobody wreaks like me! -Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz
View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Designers Corner All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

An interesting thing about golf is that no matter how badly you play; it is always possible to get worse. - Anon