Please support Links Corner    

New to Links? Buy Links 2003 download version here and support this site.
Las Joyas View older topic :: View newer topic  
2PuttJeff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject: Las Joyas Reply with quote

I just finished playing a virtual tournament on the Mike Jones' designed Las Joyas fantasy course and must say that I was very impressed with the course. I realized that Las Joyas has been available for a number of years, but this was my first complete round of golf and it is hard to believe that it is not a real course. I can see why Mike is considered to be one of the best Links golf course designers out there and it will be great to play more of his courses in the future. Incidentally, I shot 3-under par, which wasn't too bad, however, my two computer pros, David Toms and Sergio Garcia each shot much better than me. Highly recommended course! Thumb Up

pmgolf

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:03 pm    Post subject: Las Joyas Reply with quote

FYI - For those who might be interested, I am setting up a 4-round Tournament up at LSPN (www.LSPN.NET) using Las Joyas starting March 14th (WRLD Tour). The current active Tournament is 2 rounds at Banff Springs GC 2018 (Thompson) and 2 rounds at Kill Devil Hills HD. My Tournaments last a week and use challenging (1.07) conditions.

Pete

Danny D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:16 am    Post subject: Las Joyas Reply with quote

pmgolf wrote:
FYI - For those who might be interested, I am setting up a 4-round Tournament up at LSPN (www.LSPN.NET) using Las Joyas starting March 14th (WRLD Tour). The current active Tournament is 2 rounds at Banff Springs GC 2018 (Thompson) and 2 rounds at Kill Devil Hills HD. My Tournaments last a week and use challenging (1.07) conditions.

Pete
Hi Pete. Can you describe your tournament rules & regulations and details for me? Do players play online together, or record rounds and send them in?

Thanks,

Dan

MULLIGAN: A thieving second shot employed by golfers to prove the first one was no mistake
pmgolf

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:18 pm    Post subject: Las Joyas Reply with quote

1. On the Links first screen, players choose "Online".

2. Second screen: choose "The Links Tour"

3. Third screen: Name and Password that you have previously set up using LSPN's instructions.

4. Tournament/Round selection screen:

5. Then you see the course and round conditions screen, followed by the player selection screen and continue on to starting game play.

You can choose "Online Play", but you're still playing alone. After each hole you can choose to see the Online Leaderboard which is constantly being updated. If other players are currently playing, where they stand on the Leaderboard is displayed.

You can also choose "Offline Play". No Leaderboard updates. When you finish playing, your Round information is automatically sent in. You have to go to the LSPN web site (www.LSPN.NET) to see the Leaderboard (which has already been updated with your round information).

Rounds and gameplay can be discussed in the Forum.

Active Links2003 Tournament sites are rapidly disappearing, but there are still 2 of them left: LSPN and KISS Tours. Enjoy them while you can!

Pete

gowoods

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:40 pm    Post subject: Las Joyas Reply with quote

You also need to be a Paid Member and install the server switch.
Here in the Link is all the info you need.
http://www.lspn.net/help.php

Danny D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:14 am    Post subject: Las Joyas Reply with quote

pmgolf wrote:
1. On the Links first screen, players choose "Online".

Rounds and gameplay can be discussed in the Forum.

Active Links2003 Tournament sites are rapidly disappearing, but there are still 2 of them left: LSPN and KISS Tours. Enjoy them while you can!

Pete
Thank you very much for that info Pete. Much appreciated! Cheers
Dan

MULLIGAN: A thieving second shot employed by golfers to prove the first one was no mistake
Danny D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:15 am    Post subject: Las Joyas Reply with quote

gowoods wrote:
You also need to be a Paid Member and install the server switch.
Here in the Link is all the info you need.
http://www.lspn.net/help.php
Thanks gw! Thumb Up

Dan

View older topic :: View newer topic  
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Why am I using a new putter? Because the last one did not float too well. - Craig Stadler