Please support Links Corner    

Golfer: Do you think it is a sin to play golf on Sunday? Caddy: The way you play, sir, it's a sin any day of the week!
Quetzle Qooto TrailGoto page Previous  1, 2 View older topic :: View newer topic  
Danny D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:14 am    Post subject: Quetzle Qooto Trail Reply with quote

sagevanni wrote:
Hi Danny D........I use the blends that are already there from being added by other courses I have opened and the textures get added to my database. I have made a few of my own using the clone feature. Why...???

Sage
Hi Sage. You said your file size grew by 12mb after completing only 3 holes of seam blending. That puzzled me. Huh?

Whatever happened was not caused by the normal seam blending process. Logically, from the file growth, it would appear that you added either 4, 1024x1024 textures, or perhaps 8, 512x512 textures. It made me wonder if you might have been re-creating, or cloning a new single hi-res texture for each hole.

Once the seam blending process begins, there is no need to introduce anymore textures to the APCD. (introduce, meaning browsing to a texture on your computer and adding it to the APCD) I'm still puzzled as to how the 12mb got introduced into the APCD. Adding more textures is the only thing that I can come up with that would explain it.

Unsure Dan Dunno

MULLIGAN: A thieving second shot employed by golfers to prove the first one was no mistake
billw

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject: Quetzle Qooto Trail Reply with quote

mashie,

The one thing I noticed about Sage's courses is that the greens all sit at an angle. This makes his courses "second shot" golf courses. You have to drive it to the proper area of the fairway to get a good angle for the second shot.

Having said that, you are right that the fairways could be a bit narrower.

Sage, if you make narrow fairways, I think that some of the greens should face head on and not angled.

billw

billw

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:57 pm    Post subject: Quetzle Qooto Trail Reply with quote

Sage,

I'm glad that you planted 18 pins on each hole. However, you have alot of pins grouped close together where parts of the greens don't have a pin. Your greens are flat enough where I would like to see pin locations on all areas of the green.

billw

JWGriffinGCA

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:49 am    Post subject: Quetzle Qooto Trail Reply with quote

Danny D wrote:
From what I've come to understand, the file sizes grow mostly by introducing new textures. Here's what I know from working on my own new course. (I haven't really said much about it, but I started on a new course in May, and am just about to wrap it up in a week or so)

Hi Dan - that helps, thanks for sharing your experience!

John

When it comes to havoc, nobody wreaks like me! -Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz
sagevanni

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:16 pm    Post subject: Quetzle Qooto Trail Reply with quote

Danny D, I have been messing with seam blending. I have done what I think you suggested. I Have been cloning and making my own seam blend textures from existing textures and alphas.......has been working great with no mass megabyte size increase......Thanks so much for the tips.

Sage

Danny D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:26 am    Post subject: Quetzle Qooto Trail Reply with quote

sagevanni wrote:
Danny D, I have been messing with seam blending. I have done what I think you suggested. I Have been cloning and making my own seam blend textures from existing textures and alphas.......has been working great with no mass megabyte size increase......Thanks so much for the tips.

Sage
Great! Sounds like you have it worked out. Glad I could help... Thumb Up

Dan

MULLIGAN: A thieving second shot employed by golfers to prove the first one was no mistake
happy hammer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:12 am    Post subject: Quetzle Qooto Trail Reply with quote

I think this is a great course Sage some of the greens are too flat, (I know you can't win (we moan when the slopes too severe we moan when they are flat) but you just need a happy medium, as a non designer I take my hat off to you (I've tried but not got the skill to produce anything worth playing) I think this course is very different from others and it's nice to play course that haven't got narrow landing strips for fairways and par 3's over 200 yards and par 5's over 600 yards
Keep up the good work Thumb Up

sagevanni

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:40 am    Post subject: Quetzle Qooto Trail Reply with quote

Thanks Happy Hammer......I have an updated final coming soon.....have worked out some bugs and I think it is ready. Again THANKS...!!!!!!!!!!!

Sage

View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Preview Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

An interesting thing about golf is that no matter how badly you play; it is always possible to get worse. - Anon