Please support Links Corner    

I play with friends, but we don't play friendly games. -Ben Hogan
Is there a forum for Links 2001? View older topic :: View newer topic  
tonykgolf09

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:46 pm    Post subject: Is there a forum for Links 2001? Reply with quote

or is there part of this forum for Links 2001 users?

JWGriffinGCA

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:17 am    Post subject: Re: Is there a forum for Links 2001? Reply with quote

tonykgolf09 wrote:
or is there part of this forum for Links 2001 users?

This forum (Links Corner) is for all things Links. There are a few folks here who prefer to play versions of Links earlier than 2003, such as 2001 or LS. Just because there isn't a specific forum section for 2001 doesn't mean you can't discuss it.

John

When it comes to havoc, nobody wreaks like me! -Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz
tonykgolf09

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:31 am    Post subject: Thank you. Reply with quote

Prefer 2001 because I'm more comfortable with the traditional Tourney mode from '98 -2001. Not crazy about the 2003 Tourney season/Career mode. Just my opinion. If you like it then I''m happy for you.

Max64

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:04 am    Post subject: Re: Thank you. Reply with quote

tonykgolf09 wrote:
Prefer 2001 because I'm more comfortable with the traditional Tourney mode from '98 -2001. Not crazy about the 2003 Tourney season/Career mode. Just my opinion. If you like it then I''m happy for you.

I'm one who plays Links LS 2000 and uses the old modes. I agree, the old modes are better. You can see the intention for 2003 was to add extra versatility to season play which they kinda did. The problem is you can't change certain things or you get locked out of your season. You also have to start in Q school to get a season underway the very first time. Number of tournaments are also restricted to specific numbers. I think the 2003 season mode was on the right track but needed more refinement which it never received as Links 2003 was the last version of the game.

As for discussing 2001, all the Links versions can be discussed here. All Links 2001 threads were here in the past but they had to cut old threads to save $$$ so most of the 2001 posts are gone except maybe in the tech forum where everything was kept I believe.

View older topic :: View newer topic  
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Real golfers never strike a caddie with the driver. The sand wedge is far more effective. ~Huxtable Pippey