Please support Links Corner    

When I die, bury me on the golf course so my husband will visit. ~ Anon
never done this before in Links 1.07 View older topic :: View newer topic  
Nate Dogg

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject: never done this before in Links 1.07 Reply with quote

All these years of playing Links 1.07 and had never achieved the extremely rare score of an albatross (double eagle) in tour play until two nights ago on the KISS Challenge Tour. Hole 12, Wentworth (2014 version), 208 yards, 5 iron. Credit to the TKS summer 2014 script for the sound bytes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdoVy2OQSCs&feature=youtu.be

Last time I made a 2 on a par 5 in tour play was in 2004, which was pre-mod!

Naughty

Champ Classic, No Grid, Close-up, Top Cam Only

It takes a lot of balls to golf like I do!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Duck Hook

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:13 pm    Post subject: never done this before in Links 1.07 Reply with quote

Nice shot Nate. That sound script made it absolute gold... Clap

noelk

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject: never done this before in Links 1.07 Reply with quote

Great shot mate/Nate! Good to see us "Links Oldies" still playing and hitting them straight Thumb Up

"For where your treasure is, there will be your heart also."

www.linksanimasters.com
Slattery

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject: never done this before in Links 1.07 Reply with quote

Great shot. HAHA love the sound script. Which one is it?

Intel i7 4970K Devils Canyon CPU - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK Motherboard - MSI GeForce GTX980 4GB Graphics Card - 256GB SSD - RAM 16GB - Windows 10 64 bit - Asus 4K PG27AQ Monitor - Xbox One Controller - NBN 100Mbps Connection (100/40)
Nate Dogg

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:18 pm    Post subject: never done this before in Links 1.07 Reply with quote

Thanks gentlemen for the kind words. The sound bytes are from the tks summer 2014 script.

Champ Classic, No Grid, Close-up, Top Cam Only

It takes a lot of balls to golf like I do!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
grandpabruce

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:11 am    Post subject: never done this before in Links 1.07 Reply with quote

That was a fantastic shot! And, I believe that I watched the golf round, when he said that, but I think that it was a few years ago, or more.

Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971
JDocBurns

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:43 am    Post subject: never done this before in Links 1.07 Reply with quote

In Links 2000 I was playing the KISS Tour and the first hole at Bountiful is par 5. In back to back rounds Played one right after the other, I had the double eagle on that first hole at Bountiful. The drives and 2nd shots were nearly identical. I still have the shot saved on cd. I'll never see them again since they were on Links 2000 but what memories.

CONGRATS Sir on you accomplishment. The Albatross is a fun fun fun thing to score.

Jim(I'm a Happy & Lucky Man)Burns
www.broadjam.com/JimBurns
View older topic :: View newer topic  
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

If I were you, I'd lay off for a couple of weeks...and then quit. - Jimmy Demaret to Johnny Carson