Please support Links Corner    

Golf is a game in which you yell 'fore', shoot six and write down five. - Paul Harvey
Just Visiting View older topic :: View newer topic  
Acrilix

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:56 pm    Post subject: Just Visiting Reply with quote

Hi guys...... Remember me? Laugh
Just popped back because I just made a youtube video of my Mowsbury course from some old footage that my brother had on his computer. I had planned on making this video a long time ago!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1A5D4CdS_s

It got me thinking about the years of fun I had on Links and it seemed like a good excuse to say hello, and see who's about these days.....
Even the ones who were probably glad when I left!!! Devil Tomato

Anyway... I hope you're still having fun.

All the best..... Lez

Mod 1.07 - Pro powerstroke - No top cam - No grid
APCD Designer - Margaret's Bay, Ackerton Cross, The Dustin Trophy Par 3 Challenge, Battley Peak, Anakena Beach, Mowsbury GC, Darwin Point, Elsham Woods,
Yarlswood Golf Club, Fairview GC, Upham Hall Golf Club, Masson Moor, Zeitsbergen
pmgolf

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:32 pm    Post subject: Just Visiting Reply with quote

Nice hearing from you! Hope you're doing well.

Pete

jerryd

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:43 pm    Post subject: Just Visiting Reply with quote

Hello Lez

Hope you are doing well, and still designing courses for some golf platform. Always enjoyed your courses.
I'm sure I'm still enjoying new courses because in your Instructional Videos. Once again thanks for your major contributions to the Forum.

JerryD

Acrilix

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:52 am    Post subject: Just Visiting Reply with quote

I'm never doing well, guys... it's just sometimes less bad than others! Laugh

As to course designing, I did about 18 courses for The Golf Club a few years ago and 1 course for Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf when I was on the CourseForge beta team, but that was over 18 months ago. I'm not designing now, but I still play JNPG online every day, with my brother.

APCD Designer - Margaret's Bay, Ackerton Cross, The Dustin Trophy Par 3 Challenge, Battley Peak, Anakena Beach, Mowsbury GC, Darwin Point, Elsham Woods,
Yarlswood Golf Club, Fairview GC, Upham Hall Golf Club, Masson Moor, Zeitsbergen
Stephen Sullivan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:34 am    Post subject: Just Visiting Reply with quote

Glad to see you Lez.

I couldn't get into PP Whistle so came back to Links and now run a tour at LSPN and build the odd course when time permits Wall Bash

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." Sir Terry Pratchett
Bluenoser

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject: Just Visiting Reply with quote

Hey Lez - gr8 to hear from you, good to see you're still kicking around. Am very much still enjoying all your courses.

Take care

Links - It's not about winning, it's about having fun!
grandpabruce

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject: Just Visiting Reply with quote

Good to see you posting again, Lez. It has been awhile since you last posted.

Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971
Danny D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:19 am    Post subject: Just Visiting Reply with quote

Welcome back Lez, and don't be a stranger. There's still a little action going on here.

Dan

MULLIGAN: A thieving second shot employed by golfers to prove the first one was no mistake
Acrilix

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject: Just Visiting Reply with quote

Mowsbury Golf Club posted my youtube link on their Facebook page today, so hopefully there will be a golfer or two that decides to check out the game because of it.

They also called it "very accurate" on the post, which was nice to see. Smile

Captain Nemo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject: Just Visiting Reply with quote

Hi Lez, nice of you to stop by and post.
My favorite of your courses is Ackerton Cross. If they built a course just North of me looking towards the Northumberland Hills this is what it would look like. You can see the old Canton United Church spire from there just as depicted on this course.
Cheers CN (formerly stillgolfing)

An Optimist sees the glass as half full.
A Pessimist sees the glass as half empty.
An Engineer sees the glass as twice as big as it needs to be! :)
View older topic :: View newer topic  
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

I'll always remember the day I broke ninety. I had a few beers in the clubhouse and was so excited I forgot to play the back nine. -Bruce Lansky