Please support Links Corner    

Your best shots in golf are your practice swing and the conceded putts. You'll never master the rest! - Lord Robertson
Coast Pines Resort View older topic :: View newer topic  
sagevanni

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:01 pm    Post subject: Coast Pines Resort Reply with quote

A new original course from my mind base on a piece of land in New Zealand. A lot of work to do still........Thoughts or suggestions.....????

billw

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:14 pm    Post subject: Coast Pines Resort Reply with quote

Very interesting, Sage. Looks good

billw

Duck Hook

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:30 am    Post subject: Coast Pines Resort Reply with quote

It's all in the eye of the beholder I suppose, but those tee boxes look a bit odd. Particularly in that shot of hole 2.
Green elevations look a bit severe in places, could lead to some "interesting" putting.
Nice job on the coastline though.

Danny D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:07 am    Post subject: Coast Pines Resort Reply with quote

I also think the tee boxes look kind of odd. Nothing at all like you might find in real life. Other than the tee boxes, the rest looks decent.

Just curious, as fast as you are advancing, have you put any thought into adjusting your fairway mowing stripes so they point toward the greens? It's a simple process and helps add a little more to the realism.

Best wishes,

Dan

MULLIGAN: A thieving second shot employed by golfers to prove the first one was no mistake
gene_golf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:27 am    Post subject: Coast Pines Resort Reply with quote

Looks as if plot of land has a couple of islands below main one not using. Out of curiosity does land already have jungle or lava on it that you are choosing to ignore? Some places look as if holes are already made on plot, such as Nicklaus might say if he were to go about designing on this plot of land that he just put holes where they existed already instead of making course totally different than course plot intended. Another Nicklaus thought about course design I have read was to have a balance in holes and by this layout all ocean holes are to right side of holes, even some inland holes have a lake on their right side.

sagevanni

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:10 am    Post subject: Coast Pines Resort Reply with quote

Thanks for the input guys......I have putted all greens and nothing is un-puttable...if that's a word...??? Still working on it.......new pics posted.......

Sage

sagevanni

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:12 am    Post subject: Coast Pines Resort Reply with quote

Hi Gene......the land is farm or ranch land on a peninsula in NZ. No golf course there.

Sage

Daniel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject: Coast Pines Resort Reply with quote

Hi Sage be good if you could just lower some of your rocky bits on the ocean edge they are spoiling my bloody panorama LOL

sagevanni

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject: Coast Pines Resort Reply with quote

Hi Daniel.......can you tell me what cliffs.....coast edges on what holes, tees, green, fairways I need to lower.......?????

Daniel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject: Coast Pines Resort Reply with quote Reply with quote

they are mostly on the back 9 Sage brown rocks sticking up everywhere lol with very sharp tops to them.

sagevanni

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject: Coast Pines Resort Reply with quote

Ok.....got it.....I have toned down some of those already.......Pano looks GREAT so far...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sage

sagevanni

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:44 pm    Post subject: Coast Pines Resort Reply with quote

Daniel....I uploaded the planted course to my dropbox......you should be able to download the planted course to work with.

Sage

Daniel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Coast Pines Resort Reply with quote Reply with quote

That is the 16th attempt lol not finished yet I may send you about three if they look ok to me.I included some snow-capped mountains because New Zealand as so many and seeing as it is a fictional course I thought why not.
Can you email me the link again Sage I deleted the one I had.Thank you.

View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Preview Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

I was three over. One over a house, one over a patio, and one over a swimming pool. - George Brett