Please support Links Corner    

Real golfers never strike a caddie with the driver. The sand wedge is far more effective. ~Huxtable Pippey
New Course View older topic :: View newer topic  
sagevanni

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject: New Course Reply with quote

Hi all......I'm working on a new course. Something a little different for me. Want to try and capture a Links style course. How am I doing so far...???

Stephen W

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:28 am    Post subject: New Course Reply with quote

Hi,

it's looking very interesting but a couple of observations. Links are invariably by the sea (the link between the sea and the land) rather than what appears to me to some sort of inland waterway/lake that you've created - nice though it is. Also, I'd drop the helicopter; fun but not really appropriate.

Have enjoyed the courses you've done to date very much - keep up the good work!

sagevanni

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:25 pm    Post subject: New Course Reply with quote

The chopper is there because one of the ways to get onto the course is by chopper only.........We'll see what others have to say......if it turns out it's just too corny for enough of you all.....I'll can it. Thanks for the input Stephen........

Daniel

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject: New Course Reply with quote

The Helicopter looks a bit naff Sage try the third one along on the top row it will look a lot better already cut out just save it as a TGA.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1280&bih=830&q=helicopter+png+transparent&oq=helicopter+png+transparent&gs_l=img.12..0.3223.13827.0.15998.26.26.0.0.0.0.91.1602.26.26.0....0...1.1.64.img..0.26.1598...0i8i30k1.0.wEaWWjCb_7s

billw

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: New Course Reply with quote

Sage,

You are a course creating machine!!! Keep 'em coming.

I think that the helicopter is a first.

billw

sagevanni

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject: New Course Reply with quote

NAFFY chopper gone.....new one suggested by Daniel in place......

sagevanni

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject: New Course Reply with quote

Thanks Bill...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will do......

Sage

Max64

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject: New Course Reply with quote

The new helicopter works much better than the first one. Thumb Up

Captain Nemo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:52 pm    Post subject: New Course Reply with quote

Agreed on the latest helicopter selection. Looks like one that humans would fly in.
The Yellow one looks like something Sponge Bob would fly the Minions around in! :))

How many Microsoft Programmers does it take to replace a light bulb? Just one.
However, you will be installing updates for all eternity!
Jimbo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:08 pm    Post subject: New Course Reply with quote

Hi Sage:

Couple of questions:

1. Is this based on the real Bayonne Club? They have both helicopter and ferry access from New York.

http://www.bayonnegolfclub.com/guest-tour.php

2. What's up with the bridge on the second hole? I see something like it on the Bayonne GC website, but where does it go? Just wondering... It reminds me of the Highway 401 bridge at the Weston Club in Toronto (where Arnie won his first).

Don't forget a screen shot on the "Title Page"...and, as Fleetwood Mac likes to say 'DON'T STOP".

...or, as I prefer to say "GET BACK TO WORK!". Naughty

sagevanni

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:29 pm    Post subject: New Course Reply with quote

Hi Jimbo, Yes based on Bayonne. I found the course just browsing around and thought a couple months ago.....WOW, that would be a course to tackle......Got the basic layout done, then put it on the back burner. Decided to go ahead and use the layout and basic characteristics and let fly. Have not finalized it so the bridge goes as you said. Just wanted to try a barren kinda links thing. I will finish it up as soon as I get comments on what needs to be done.......Thanks Jimbo...!!!!!

Sage

sagevanni

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:32 pm    Post subject: New Course Reply with quote

Yo Captain...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You watch Sponge Bob...!!!!!!!! Right on.......got into him and his minions as my kids grew up. Just wanted to keep working on my 3D skills.......Looks like my chopper failed......LMAO...!!!!!

Sage

Captain Nemo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject: New Course Reply with quote

Sage:
Got grand kids. the older one (now 8) used to watch that stuff. The younger one (now 20 months) has always been a "Button Pusher". Never really looks at the screens, TV remote, Surround sound receiver, computer keyboard or mouse, whatever he is, religiously, pressing the buttons.
We had a party last week and one of my daughter's "Hottie" girl friends was wearing a dress with a multitude of buttons on it, and when she cuddled the "little guy" he kept pressing the 2 buttons that happened to align with her nipples. My wife and daughter were apologetic, but, personally, I think he is good to go! :))

How many Microsoft Programmers does it take to replace a light bulb? Just one.
However, you will be installing updates for all eternity!
View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Course Corner All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Mulligan: invented by an Irishman who wanted to hit one more twenty yard grounder. -Jim Bishop