Please support Links Corner    

Want to play Links again but lost your CDs? Buy Links 2003 download version here and support this site.
Mansford Waters Golf Club by Leigh Seaman View older topic :: View newer topic  

How do you rate Mansford Waters Golf Club?
Ace
38%
 38%  [ 24 ]
Eagle
38%
 38%  [ 24 ]
Birdie
14%
 14%  [ 9 ]
Par
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Bogey - Must be accompanied by an explanatory post!
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 62

Andy
Links Corner Admin
Links Corner Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:40 pm    Post subject: Mansford Waters Golf Club by Leigh Seaman Reply with quote

http://linkscorner.org/courses/course.php?crz=1885

What do you think of Mansford Waters Golf Club??

Please vote in the poll.

After you vote, please leave a few comments or some feedback for the designer about his course and why you voted the way you did.

Thanks

Sisyphus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:36 am    Post subject: Mansford Waters Golf Club by Leigh Seaman Reply with quote

Shows some great imagination in terms of hole design
and general layout.

Thanks, Leigh.

Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?
Where is the knowledge we have lost in information?

T.S. Eliot (Choruses from "The Rock)
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ousgg
Links Corner Staff

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject: Mansford Waters Golf Club by Leigh Seaman Reply with quote

I really liked the conceit of having tiny greens and plenty of water, and I think Leigh's demonstrated a lot of skill in bringing it to life without making it unduly unfair. Lovely planting and colour scheme.

Shame about the dodgy 3D work. I wonder which hack was responsible for that. Whistle

Seriously, though, a good Eagle from me.

B

~~If you're afraid that your full shot might reach the green while the foursome ahead of you is still putting, you have two options: you may immediately shank a lay-up, or you can wait until the green is clear and then top a ball halfway there.~~
paulnson

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:55 pm    Post subject: Mansford Waters Golf Club by Leigh Seaman Reply with quote

ousgg wrote:

Shame about the dodgy 3D work. I wonder which hack was responsible for that. Whistle

B

Poke Tongue

Thumb Up

The people who have the best of things are those that make the best of things.
mickydavies

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:04 pm    Post subject: mansford waters Reply with quote

I found this a very challenging and attractive course. Loved the small greens and very cleverly designed. Ace from me.

doswoosh

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:15 am    Post subject: Ace Reply with quote

Wonderfully playable while at the same time challenging. Gorgeous looking beginning to end. Great job! Clap

broomer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:55 pm    Post subject: Mansford Waters Golf Club by Leigh Seaman Reply with quote

a very, very well designed layout w/o being too "tricked-up" a lot

and a fabulous job done on the extensive water plantings -- both variant shades of green grasses, brown reeds and vibrant colored blooming flowered plants

I also particularly liked the liberal number of shadowed greens that were included in the design to add a different kind of visual depth on the short grass

I hope Leigh would consider doing a texturizing upgrade on this original design as I understand it is not done w/ 1024 Hi-Res specs -- which would REALLY be nice

HOWEVER --- the ONE thing I found quite poorly done is that the course is only 18 holes and not 36 Tongue

ACE!!

stillgolfing

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:45 am    Post subject: Mansford Waters Golf Club by Leigh Seaman Reply with quote

I guess I have had this little gem on my PC for a couple of years now, but for some reason I never played it. The thing that impressed me most was, although it is a fictional course many of the holes are similar to ones I have played on various courses on Vancouver Island. An ace for me, even though, the uninteresting plain grey, lego style, clubhouse reminds me of Millbrook Penetentiary. Fear Laugh Scared Surrender
Cheers, Dave

One phrase you don't want to yell out in public is "I've got diahrea!". Unless, of course, you are playing Scrabble. In which case it's O.K., 'cause you're gonna get a sh*t load of points! - Zach Galifianakis
GoesForIt

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: Save us from FICTIONAL courses Reply with quote

... where the author tries to make every hole a signature hole.

MAJOR DESIGN FAU PAUX. TAKING A DROP ALLOWS DROPPING IN A HAZARD.

Captain Nemo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject: @Goesforit Reply with quote

Agreed! Me and my ani-buddies got stuck at Hole #3.Balls looked liked they just ran off back of green, but all were in hazard and drops were in hazard and no one could advance out (anis just kept pounding away with selected wedge chip, but I tried SW flop & other shots, with no luck) due to steel grass and reeds that caused ball to bounce back in hazard. Repeat ad-infinitum. Too bad ... looks like a nice course.

An Optimist sees the glass as half full.
A Pessimist sees the glass as half empty.
An Engineer sees the glass as twice as big as it needs to be! :)
View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Course Polls & User Reviews All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Golfer: Do you think my game is improving? Caddy: Oh yes, sir! You miss the ball much closer than you used to.