Please support Links Corner    

When I die, bury me on the golf course so my husband will visit. ~ Anon
Private Message Problems? View older topic :: View newer topic  
Captain Nemo

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject: Private Message Problems? Reply with quote

Andy this may be related. This morning I had an unusual Private Message from someone named Frank, who said he was a member here years ago and was trying to reconnect with his old friends. The strange thing was he was asking questions he could have easily found answers to by searching the site ( I checked). When my suspicions were aroused I tried to return to my Private Messages to fwd you a copy but could not get in. The first time I tried it requested my name & password and after I entered that info I was dumped backed to the Forum screen. Now, whenever I try to get in by clicking on Private Messages), there is a 5 to 10 second delay then I'm dumped back to the Forum. Also when I tried to contact you via your contact button it was inop. Concerned, I had no alternative but to post the info here. Do you know if anyone else is having similar issues?

Thanks

UPDATE: Tried another browser and everything was OK. It's something to do with Firefox, but have tried all the usual fixes with no Luck. Will remove and reinstall later today.

How many Microsoft Programmers does it take to replace a light bulb? Just one.
However, you will be installing updates for all eternity!
Andy
Links Corner Admin
Links Corner Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 5:31 pm    Post subject: Private Message Problems? Reply with quote

Glad you sorted things.

I used to be a great fan of Firefox but now use it rarely.

I prefer Chrome and have had only a few issues with it over the years.

Danny D

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:21 am    Post subject: Private Message Problems? Reply with quote

Andy wrote:
Glad you sorted things.

I used to be a great fan of Firefox but now use it rarely.

I prefer Chrome and have had only a few issues with it over the years.

For what it's worth, Mozilla Firefox is falling behind with Windows XP support. I have 2 operating systems on my computer. WinXP and Win7. I use Firefox on both OS's and am having more and more issues with the XP system in the past few months. Especially with trying to watch certain videos. Adobe Flash is one of the problems. I don't think Firefox is keeping up with new Flash updates for XP any longer. Sad

So far Windows 7 has not been a problem.

MULLIGAN: A thieving second shot employed by golfers to prove the first one was no mistake
pmgolf

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:14 pm    Post subject: Private Message Problems? Reply with quote

I am having the same problem as Captain Nemo - that I can't get to my private messages. I got a email notice that someone had sent me a private message but I can't get there. I use Chrome as my browser. I am now going to try Internet Explorer and come back here and post.

I can get to Private Messages with Internet Explorer by clicking on the menu item in the LinksCorner.Org site, but I still can't do it with Google Chrome. Someone must have made a change to site software.

Pete

Max64

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject: Private Message Problems? Reply with quote

If it helps, I am using Firefox and still getting to PM's without issue.

pmgolf

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject: Private Message Problems? Reply with quote

Sorry Max, there's no way I'm changing back to Firefox. I've been very happy with Chrome since I went to it from Firefox. Too many problems there.

Pete

Andy
Links Corner Admin
Links Corner Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:49 am    Post subject: Private Message Problems? Reply with quote

pmgolf wrote:
I am having the same problem as Captain Nemo - that I can't get to my private messages. I got a email notice that someone had sent me a private message but I can't get there. I use Chrome as my browser. I am now going to try Internet Explorer and come back here and post.

I can get to Private Messages with Internet Explorer by clicking on the menu item in the LinksCorner.Org site, but I still can't do it with Google Chrome. Someone must have made a change to site software.

Pete

It may be that the email you are getting is a fake one with an incorrect link. Dunno

I am using Chrome and although I don't usually bother following the link in the email notification I just tried it and I was taken straight to the Inbox.

Andy

Max64

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject: Private Message Problems? Reply with quote

pmgolf wrote:
Sorry Max, there's no way I'm changing back to Firefox. I've been very happy with Chrome since I went to it from Firefox. Too many problems there.

Pete

Not suggesting you do Pete. Chrome is without doubt an excellent choice from what users are saying. I was simply letting Captain Nemo (Firefox user) and Andy know the problem isn't happening to all Firefox users. I've been using it for years and still no issues so until there is a reason to change I'll happily stick with it. Chrome would be where I would go if I was to change. Thumb Up

Captain Nemo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject: Private Message Problems? Reply with quote

Sorry for not following up. Firefox problem was after a Firefox update. I removed & reinstalled the next day and it has worked fine since.

Cheers CN

How many Microsoft Programmers does it take to replace a light bulb? Just one.
However, you will be installing updates for all eternity!
View older topic :: View newer topic  
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Golfer: That can't be my ball, caddy. It looks far too old. Caddy: It's a long time since we started, sir.