Please support Links Corner    

Actually, the only time I ever took out a one iron was to kill a tarantula. And I took a seven to do that. -Jim Murry
Links 2003 CAREERMODE (Windows 10) View older topic :: View newer topic  
sleeper422

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject: Links 2003 CAREERMODE (Windows 10) Reply with quote

At the start of a new round where i have caught up to the leader and the leader is the first to tee off, I cannot select "Other Player" - Me after the leader's shot. So the Leader (computer) continues and completes the hole. At that point the computer gets into a loop, repeating the last putt. The only way out is to end the round. At that point the only thing I can do is WITHDRAW. Cannot continue the tournament.

grandpabruce

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Links 2003 CAREERMODE (Windows 10) Reply with quote

sleeper422 wrote:
At the start of a new round where i have caught up to the leader and the leader is the first to tee off, I cannot select "Other Player" - Me after the leader's shot. So the Leader (computer) continues and completes the hole. At that point the computer gets into a loop, repeating the last putt. The only way out is to end the round. At that point the only thing I can do is WITHDRAW. Cannot continue the tournament.

Why would you pick other player, if you are the only one playing the round on your computer? I am missing something.

Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971
Captain Nemo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject: Links 2003 CAREERMODE (Windows 10) Reply with quote

@GP: I think Career Mode is not working for him in Win 10.
Career mode game play is no different than a regular round. After a player hits (computer or real) auto redraw is for next player (computer or real).
It appears now that he is teamed with the Leading Computer Player game is not auto switching to next player on the after shot redraw, so he is trying to switch manually, but that doesn't work.
Just another Win10 glitch I suppose.

How many Microsoft Programmers does it take to replace a light bulb? Just one.
However, you will be installing updates for all eternity!
grandpabruce

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject: Links 2003 CAREERMODE (Windows 10) Reply with quote

Captain Nemo wrote:
@GP: I think Career Mode is not working for him in Win 10.
Career mode game play is no different than a regular round. After a player hits (computer or real) auto redraw is for next player (computer or real).
It appears now that he is teamed with the Leading Computer Player game is not auto switching to next player on the after shot redraw, so he is trying to switch manually, but that doesn't work.
Just another Win10 glitch I suppose.

Thank you for the explanation, Captain Nemo. I haven't played Career Mode in many years, so I wasn't thinking down that road. Again, thank you.

Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971
sleeper422

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:51 am    Post subject: Career Mode... Reply with quote

Thanks I too was thinking Win 10.

View older topic :: View newer topic  
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

If I were you, I'd lay off for a couple of weeks...and then quit. - Jimmy Demaret to Johnny Carson