Please support Links Corner    

Golfer: Do you think it is a sin to play golf on Sunday? Caddy: The way you play, sir, it's a sin any day of the week!
Mountain Creek Golf Club by Normand Gravel (5/2005)Goto page Previous  1, 2 View older topic :: View newer topic  

How do you rate Mountain Creek Golf Club??
Ace
28%
 28%  [ 26 ]
Eagle
49%
 49%  [ 45 ]
Birdie
19%
 19%  [ 18 ]
Par
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Bogey - Must be accompanied by an explanatory post!
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 91

Sisyphus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:51 am    Post subject: Mountain Creek Golf Club by Normand Gravel (5/2005) Reply with quote

Well, after four rounds (mod,bmfm) and much thought and
several changes of opinion and early frustration with forced
long iron second shots and,yes,those tree bounces and slow
renders and jaw-dropping scenery and amazing attention to
small detail and that lovely long grass I saw so much of and
what is that creature behind the ninth green,anyway, and did
these guys steal all these flowers from Le Versant and how-
did-I-do-that scores between par and -11and occasional
mutterings about the devious Quebecois mind, I eventually
came to the conclusion of pure Ace. Whew.

The only thing missing is the buzzing of the blackflies.

Normand,I wish I could do all of the above en francais.
Merci,mon ami. (and Lloyd,too).

Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?
Where is the knowledge we have lost in information?

T.S. Eliot (Choruses from "The Rock)
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Curt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: Mountain Creek Golf Club by Normand Gravel (5/2005) Reply with quote

I have been informed by Ian that once a vote is cast it stays, so unfortunately my birdie will always blemish this vote. My apologies to Normand for my rashness and to everyone else for spoiling the vote. Please let it be noted (who's the keeper of the minutes nowadays?) that one Birdie vote should read Eagle.Hopefully my punishment will not be too harsh. Just remember, let those without sin cast the first stones. Whistle

I think my sig pretty much sums it all up. Dunno Sorry!

My designs:
Edgbaston Golf Club - released August 2006
Wentworth West OWGC08 - released October 2008
dbldc22la

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject: Mountain Creek Golf Club by Normand Gravel (5/2005) Reply with quote

A definite ace. A simply oustanding course that makes you think. To quote the popular phrase on the PGA tour now " a true test of golf ". The kind of course I like, where it doesn't come to easy for a good score, you have to work for it. Well done Normand.

Steviebone

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:11 am    Post subject: outstanding Reply with quote

I just played this course for the first time. I really really liked it. Under windy conditions it ate my lunch. I did have one shot where I was trying to go between two trees and it seemed to richohet about 50 yards backwards. But this course is an ace for me... visually stunning, very detailed, and some very interesting longer holes. The elevation changes together with the wind, narrow fairways, and well placed bunkers/hazards made this a thinker.

I am constantly amazed by the contributions to the community. I fooled around with the APCD for a bit... enough to understand how much friggin work something like this is.. Thanks just doesn't seem to cover it.

Rackme32

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Mountain Creek Golf Club by Normand Gravel (5/2005) Reply with quote

Not sure how come I never DL'ed this course, but I'm sure glad I finally did...

Ace for sure! Clap

Hafta think your way thru each shot, you can't fall Sleep "Grip it n' rip it" is not the way to play here.

The panoramic-option view from behind the 2nd tee is one of the most beautiful scenes in the entire Links-course collection! Not Worthy

jerryd

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:17 am    Post subject: Mountain Creek Golf Club by Normand Gravel (5/2005) Reply with quote

Just played a round with graphic setting of 1920x1200 on wide screen.
The WoW factor got me, Has to be a ace for me.

Jerryd

Big Suave

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:33 am    Post subject: Mountain Creek Golf Club by Normand Gravel (5/2005) Reply with quote

Giving this one a bit of a bump in case anyone missed this gem back in the day, or in case any of the "new guard" is yet to discover this gem.

IMO, this course is absolutely awesome... a definite ace, as far as I'm concerned. It's one of my all-time favorite Links designs. I can distinctly remember the first time I played it, and I actually lost track of how many times I said "WOW" out loud. I eagerly awaited each screen rendering to see what new breathtaking view was waiting for me.

It's a difficult course, but a fair challenge, IMO. Whether this course rocks your world as it did mine, there's no way for me to know. All I can do is recommend this. VERY highly. :)

Punk

guitarget

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:30 pm    Post subject: Mountain Creek Golf Club by Normand Gravel (5/2005) Reply with quote

Not sure why it took so long for me to play this wonderful course.

Imaginative, for sure. Very entertaining. I love the color of the water. Very strategic. Well planted with lots of color. Always enjoy seeing deer on a golf course. And, just plain fun....when I wasn't moaning about an overplayed tee shot. Whistle Thumb Up

"Why waste good shots in practice when you might need them in a match?" - Walter Hagen
View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Course Polls & User Reviews All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Golfer: Do you think I can get there with a 5-iron? Caddy: Eventually.