Please support Links Corner    

Rough should have high grass. When you go bowling they don't give you anything for landing in the gutter, do they? - Lee Trevino
Margaret's Bay by Lez Marwick View older topic :: View newer topic  

How do you rate Margaret's Bay?
Ace
38%
 38%  [ 28 ]
Eagle
36%
 36%  [ 26 ]
Birdie
20%
 20%  [ 15 ]
Par
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Bogey - Must be accompanied by an explanatory post!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 72

Andy
Links Corner Admin
Links Corner Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:21 pm    Post subject: Margaret's Bay by Lez Marwick Reply with quote

http://linkscorner.org/courses/course.php?crz=1952

What do you think of Margaret's Bay by Lez Marwick?

Please vote in the poll.

After you vote, please leave a few comments or some feedback for the designer about his course and why you voted the way you did.

Thanks
Screenshots

Last edited by Andy on Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:34 am; edited 2 times in total

shez

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:02 pm    Post subject: Margaret's Bay by Lez Marwick Reply with quote

An ace for me, Thumb Up fabulous course, of which i will never tire of. Great textures, planting and hole layouts. I still cant believe this is a first attempt and i eagerly anticipate future releases if this is any thing to go by. well done Lez, fantastic effort. Not Worthy Not Worthy

stillgolfing

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:36 pm    Post subject: Margaret's Bay by Lez Marwick Reply with quote

Lovely to look at.
Fun to play.
They don't come any better;
Than Margaret's bay!

ACE!

Cheers. Cheers stillgolfing

One phrase you don't want to yell out in public is "I've got diahrea!". Unless, of course, you are playing Scrabble. In which case it's O.K., 'cause you're gonna get a sh*t load of points! - Zach Galifianakis
Andy
Links Corner Admin
Links Corner Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:34 am    Post subject: Margaret's Bay by Lez Marwick Reply with quote

Screenshots added.

I started off with nothing - and I've still got most of it left..
ousgg
Links Corner Staff

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:32 am    Post subject: Margaret's Bay by Lez Marwick Reply with quote

This can't be a properly good course, yet. The Mysterious Bogey Voter hasn't visited!

I very much enjoyed Margaret's Bay, not least for the convincing storyline behind the course. All the best fictional courses for me should have some good made-up history behind them.

I still feel it is a bit over-bunkered, though. So I gave it an Eagle.

~~If you're afraid that your full shot might reach the green while the foursome ahead of you is still putting, you have two options: you may immediately shank a lay-up, or you can wait until the green is clear and then top a ball halfway there.~~
doswoosh

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:23 pm    Post subject: Enjoyed the view Reply with quote

Great course fun to play and beautiful to look at. Interesting to think your way around the hazards
Thanks for a fun course

TaxShop

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:20 pm    Post subject: Margaret's Bay by Lez Marwick Reply with quote

Great course Smile An eagle, because its a bit harsh for anything above pro skill level, especially with mod conditions.

djprager

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:45 pm    Post subject: Margaret's Bay by Lez Marwick Reply with quote

I voted a low ace. This is a very believable course and one of the better fictional links-style courses we have been treated to recently. The layout uses the elevation change and the cliffline effectively, i.e. not to an unrealistic extreme. The greens are challenging, but I did not encounter anything I would consider to be unfair. On the down side, to echo a couple of earlier comments, the bunkers looked OK but not ace-caliber. Maybe it's just my eyes, but most of them seemed the same shape too. Geek Also, I thought the difficulty was set a little too high (I played this course champ click, M(ch)-M(ch)-W, random pins). In my case, this was mainly due to the rough: it is placed quite close to the fairway, and it usually leaves no option but to chip out with a sand wedge and try to save par from the fairway. Overall, this is an excellent course, one that I will certainly play again. Thanks to the designer for the time and effort in building this course. Clap

JonB

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:56 pm    Post subject: Margaret's Bay by Lez Marwick Reply with quote

An Ace, the course really beat me up on the first round but I will do better next time.

A great job and I agree about the views of the other holes.

broomer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:34 pm    Post subject: Margaret's Bay by Lez Marwick Reply with quote

how can Margaret's Bay 2011 not be considered an ACE if only for delivering creativity in some of it's graphic design?

what other LINKS2003 course features a hole w/ Crop Circles onnit for gawds sakes Stuck Tongue

Alexis Purvisi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:33 am    Post subject: Margaret's Bay by Lez Marwick Reply with quote

There is no apter word for this wonderful downland/clifftop course than _exhilarating_. The herring-gulls, breakers, farmland scarecrow, and crop circles beautifully set the Sussex rural scene, as the golfer snakes his way between tough bunkering and wildly varying elevations, with some blindly taxing uphill shots to "make his day". Margaret's Bay has become one of my favourite courses, and naturally also garnered the easiest of Aces.
Clap Clap Clap

View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Course Polls & User Reviews All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Want to play Links again but lost your CDs? Buy Links 2003 download version here and support this site.