Please support Links Corner    

Golfer: Well, I have never played this badly before! Caddy: I didn't realize you had played before, sir.
Darwin Point View older topic :: View newer topic  

How do you rate Darwin Point ?
Ace
46%
 46%  [ 15 ]
Eagle
40%
 40%  [ 13 ]
Birdie
12%
 12%  [ 4 ]
Par
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Bogey - Must be accompanied by an explanatory post!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 32

Jerry Garlisch
Course Manager

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:32 am    Post subject: Darwin Point Reply with quote

http://linkscorner.org/courses/course.php?crz=2095

What do you think of
Darwin Point by Shawn Kobold and Lez Marwick ?

Please vote in the poll.

After you vote, please leave a few comments or some feedback for the designer about his course and why you voted the way you did.

Thanks

djprager

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:43 am    Post subject: Darwin Point Reply with quote

I voted ace, par 4. I wasn't expecting much when I downloaded this course, but I was very wrong: it is a real winner. The layout is very clever, and the APCD work has been nicely done as well. I know some people loved the pano. To me it seemed too mountanous for this course, and it is definitely more Sierra Nevada than southern California. I guess this proves you can't please all of the people all of the time. Tomato Overall, I really enjoyed this course, and I will be playing it regularly in the future. Many thanks to both designers for the time and effort to build and upgrade this course. Yes

ousgg
Links Corner Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Darwin Point Reply with quote

Agreed. Something really clicked here between Lez and Shawn, and the result is terrific.

Ace from me too.

~~If you're afraid that your full shot might reach the green while the foursome ahead of you is still putting, you have two options: you may immediately shank a lay-up, or you can wait until the green is clear and then top a ball halfway there.~~
Skywatcher

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:04 am    Post subject: Darwin Point Reply with quote

Really enjoyed the rounds I played on this course. Many courses I find are rated high based solely on visuals.
Darwin Point is the perfect allrounder. It looks great but also plays well and most importantly, it plays fair. It ticks all the boxes so it totally deserves an ace!

Alexis Purvisi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:35 am    Post subject: Darwin Point Reply with quote

A thoroughly enjoyable course with imposing mountain views and new-planted spruce woods to set them off. Curving lakeside par 5 the high point of an accomplished effort (there's even an island par 3) earning an easy Eagle from me. Only a slight lack of variety and landscape diversity prevented this scoring an Ace.
Clap

View older topic :: View newer topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Course Polls & User Reviews All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

New to Links? Buy Links 2003 download version here and support this site.